January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

More of a Better Conor Hourihane than a McGinn-like player, so I'm not sure what the purpose would be right now. Maybe in the summer.

Looks like he puts in a good tackle based on highlights so massive upgrade on Hourihane

2 hours ago, poitier said:

Lambert wanted to keep Albrighton, and was surprised when that didn't happen.

Odd that he didn't select him more in 13/14 season then. If you want to keep a player not playing him isn't really the way to go is it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Trying to rack my brains but just had pizza so I’m in a food coma but wondering of the ex Villa players playing now, is there a better team that we have let go that would be better than our current team.  The players as they play now and not in their prime ie Benteke and they would be compared to the current Villa team ie Grealish is only in the current team.  

Albrighton at  right wing is a good starting point...is there a reasonable XI...thinking Jordan Ayew, Cahill, Milner, Young

Albrighton, Milner, Ayew and Amavi

And er...Clark >> Hause??

*dons tin hat*

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Albrighton, Milner, Ayew and Amavi

And er...Clark >> Hause??

*dons tin hat*

On same goal and assist tally as Wesley when he got injured and people want him back... or worse the guy he's keeping out of the Palace team?

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

On same goal and assist tally as Wesley when he got injured and people want him back... or worse the guy he's keeping out of the Palace team?

People look past the stats when judging players. It’s about their all round game. 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Odd that he didn't select him more in 13/14 season then. If you want to keep a player not playing him isn't really the way to go is it. 

No, but the point being that Lambert didn't say let him go I don't want him - according to Lambert, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

On same goal and assist tally as Wesley when he got injured and people want him back...

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

People look past the stats when judging players. It’s about their all round game. 

To back Delphinho up a little...

Giroud's goal record for Chelsea is pretty rank, yet we'd all wet ourselves if we signed him. Didnt score a goal at the World Cup, yet the team who won the tournament started him every time...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Giroud's goal record for Chelsea is pretty rank, yet we'd all wet ourselves if we signed him. Didnt score a goal at the World Cup, yet the team who won the tournament started him every time...

I don't have a problem with Giroud record. I've used it as argument against Benteke in recent seasons in Benteke thread

14 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Its worse than that. He didn't even register a shot on target despite playing every game.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its the child of a man utd ceo

The club that generates the highest revenue in the world want a rule that links your spending to your revenue... Yeah makes sense

Its the biggest disappointment with Lerner for me, I believe he saw it for exactly what it is, he wanted nothing to do with it but he turned his back on it rather than being vocal over it, his background position not in the limelight, not doing interviews was bollocks, he should have been shouting from the rooftops about how **** shit it was, should have killed the rule rather than throwing his toys out of the pram 

In his defence when they voted for it Lerner was one of the few who opposed it. I don't think it matters what you say in the media as long as you say what needs to be said to the relevant people. 

It's the equivalent of telling your boss in private that you want a payrise rather than moan on social media about it. 

AVAgent on Twitter suggest we have 3 acceptable loan-to-buy option Strikers lined up and closing them out (won't be all three of course). Not sure how many overseas loans we can have but he suggests there may be more than one arriving.

Cant post as its a private account.

Don't shoot the messenger, just posting it up as its quiet.