January Transfers 2019/20

sne

@KenjiOgiwara I can only think of three players (active) who I've seen trap a lofted ball with such finesse under pressure from opposition, and that's Messi, Neymar and Jadon Sancho. Loader then goes on to score from outside the box with a curler that couldn't be better placed. It's in an academy game, but my oh my, that's a prospect. Great shout.

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Still I'm a greedy **** who wants more! And especially we are in desperate need of another striker

They will be back up. We won't be switching to 2 up front. If we were spending big money I'd want a Bowen type signing to play either side of striker in front 3 but don't think we'll spend big

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They will be back up. We won't be switching to 2 up front. If we were spending big money I'd want a Bowen type signing to play either side of striker in front 3 but don't think we'll spend big

I'm perfectly fine with a back up striker, loan or whatever. If Samatta gets injured or needs time to adapt to the PL we are back at where we are now without a striker. I don't count on Davis staying injury free, and even if he does I'm not sure if he is good enough for this level.

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm perfectly fine with a back up striker, loan or whatever. If Samatta gets injured or needs time to adapt to the PL we are back at where we are now without a striker. I don't count on Davis staying injury free, and even if he does I'm not sure if he is good enough for this level.

I agree about Davis but back to the striker, you do understand the difficulty of getting in a striker in January and not guaranteeing starts 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I agree about Davis but back to the striker, you do understand the difficulty of getting in a striker in January and not guaranteeing starts 

I doubt Samatta has been told he will be guaranteed starts at this stage. He will be coming here to prove himself, within our ranks, then the league. He will enjoy a considerable pay rise I assume, as will most players that we are looking to bring in, who have a mutual interest in coming to join us this January.

If there's an ounce of substance to some of these rumours going around then I wouldn't be surprised if we have 30million to spend on the right player, if they become available.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If there's an ounce of substance to some of these rumours going around then I wouldn't be surprised if we have 30million to spend on the right player, if they become available.

That's the rub. I think they're mostly BS. I don't think we're spending that kind of money in January

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d much prefer an inside forward to an out and out striker. Basically, someone to play the role Trezeguet is now. 

Exactly. Like Bowen/Benrahma but as already said don't think we're making big money signing and Benrahma is not for sale this window

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's the rub. I think they're mostly BS. I don't think we're spending that kind of money in January

I'm guessing we are, but only on loan with an option to buy deals.

AC Milan released they had only received loan offers for Piatek.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Yes I'm very happy with our business so far, in the second(?) Lambert season we we're on the way down and brought in Dawkins and Sylla and the season we went down we brought in none if I remember correctly, despite an urgent need of reinforcements. In both those seasons I got the impression that we had given up, that it was clear that there was no interest from the owner what so ever.

This season having brought in Drinkwater (still to convince though), Reina and Samatta looks like really shrewd business and it seems as if the owners, Suso and Purslow are doing what they can.

Still I'm a greedy **** who wants more! And especially we are in desperate need of another striker.

I’ve been all positive recently on this website (aside from some post game reaction posts) so I’m going to be devils advocate and say it the least they needed to do.  We lost Heaton, McGinn and Wes and only just replaced with two loans in Reina and Drinkwater, and another untried forward in Samatta so we are basically back to where we were squad wise about a month or so ago.....big deal, even arguably slightly poorer re McGinn vs Drinkwater. We needed more before then so we need more now, so adding another striker isn’t enough.

I’ll return to my positive side now...😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think if the right player is available we will spend that kind of money.  There were solid whispers at the end of the summer window and since this window opened.  Maybe the management just don’t fancy Benrhama or Bowen, and are still looking.  Just because fans like players means nothing.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think if the right player is available we will spend that kind of money.  There were solid whispers at the end of the summer window and since this window opened.  Maybe the management just don’t fancy Benrhama or Bowen, and are still looking.  Just because fans like players means nothing.

I think people are being delusional about how much money we are going to spend or how easy it is to sign a player with longevity in mind

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve been all positive recently on this website (aside from some post game reaction posts) so I’m going to be devils advocate and say it the least they needed to do.  We lost Heaton, McGinn and Wes and only just replaced with two loans in Reina and Drinkwater, and another untried forward in Samatta so we are basically back to where we were squad wise about a month or so ago.....big deal, even arguably slightly poorer re McGinn vs Drinkwater. We needed more before then so we need more now, so adding another striker isn’t enough.

I’ll return to my positive side now...😉

That's true, we really had to bring a couple in, still it's very well done managing to get Reina and Samatta to join us in a relegation battle!

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I think people are being delusional about how much money we are going to spend or how easy it is to sign a player with longevity in mind

I agree about ease to sign a player hence why I said if player becomes available....unlikely though I agree

Why is it being delusional about spending money....we know the ambitions of the owners, we have no reason to assume they are lying.  Being relegated they will want to avoid at all costs, if the right player became available....let’s for example say a Tammy type player became available and wanted to come to us, I’m sure the owners would fork out because the longevity and potential of the player.