January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Would Man Yoo count Jude Bellingham as a signing if they got him from Small Heath for £20m? Would he start for them? Probably not but they’d be looking to prepare him for the first team squad. If Barry is as good as he’s reputed to be, then he’s old enough to be gradually blooded in and around the first team. For that reason, I count him as a proper signing. 

Bellingham's started plenty of games in senior football this season, Barry simply hasn't, that's the difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Bellingham's started plenty of games in senior football this season, Barry simply hasn't, that's the difference.

That and, apparently, £29m.

Plus, I don't think Bellingham will move.

Amazing how sure people are that a 16 year old boy is ready for first team action despite (almost certainly) never having seen him play.

Pretty sure if he's good enough, he'd be involved. 

I'd wager we won't see him in a first team game for a couple of years

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Amazing how sure people are that a 16 year old boy is ready for first team action despite (almost certainly) never having seen him play.

lol how are you amazed by this?

"youngster, villa fan, get him on! i dont care that's never played a game of senior football before, he'll be brilliant!!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

By BM do you mean Birmingham Mail? If so you can file it as made up nonsense. 

Yes, that's correct. Oh damn, doesn't surprise me, although I thought BM at least knew the distinction between thin air hearsay and credible reporting, even if it indulged both.

Is there any English press that doesn't just use spin and calculated concoctions to fill it's sports columns?

In Australia in the 6 months off-season for AFL you'll only really hear trade rumours where reporters generally have connections and insight. It's fairly dead quiet mind you.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have seen him play and I'll wager he will be in the 1st team squad possibly as soon as the end of this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

lol how are you amazed by this?

"youngster, villa fan, get him on! i dont care that's never played a game of senior football before, he'll be brilliant!!"

Good point :D

I'm not that amazed.

If he's good enough I'm sure he'll get a chance. The club aren't going to make a transfer like that if they don't have high hopes for him.

But I'm also sure the club aren't going to throw a 16 year old kid into first team action if he's not ready. And they probably know better than a load of blokes on the internet

• Like 1

Barry will make his debut either this season or next... Bellingham already playing for small heath, and if he goes to United make no mistake about it he will be in their first team squad as well and will make his debut, Elliot has already played for LIverpool, Karamoko Dembélé has already played for Celtic, and Barry is rated as on the same level as these players, if he'd have stayed at Albion probably would have made his first team debut for them by now, was playing for Barcelona's U19 team and was their youngest player in that team by some distant, or so I've read. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Barry will make his debut either this season or next... Bellingham already playing for small heath, and if he goes to United make no mistake about it he will be in their first team squad as well and will make his debut, Elliot has already played for LIverpool, Karamoko Dembélé has already played for Celtic, and Barry is rated as on the same level as these players, if he'd have stayed at Albion probably would have made his first team debut for them by now, was playing for Barcelona's U19 team and was their youngest player in that team by some distant, or so I've read. 

If that's the case, he's an absolute bargain.

Even if the fee is 3million. Look at how good Traore has become. Not to mention other players only two years Barry's senior going for 100-200millon

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll take that wager.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Rooney was 16 when he came through. You're right to advise caution, and if we get another senior striker in, it makes it less likely, but its not unheard of.

But Rooney was fully developed physically already at that age 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Vassilev has done well, but he is not a striker, just filling in in an emergency.

Will we perhaps see him in his proper position for the first team in the future? He looks promising.

Not arguing with you per se, but also think an 18 year old could easily end up changing position. Half of our problem in England is we fix players in position too early vs say Holland where they let them develop as more complete players.

Anyway agreed he has been filling in and looking promising so hope he keeps progressing and getting chances as a result! Either here or out on loan next season once we have more options. Love seeing young players breaking through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

But Rooney was fully developed physically already at that age 

people forget the size of the modern footballer, in terms of height and muscle. throwing him in now could really harm his development if he's not physically ready to rub shoulders with premier league defenders.

that said, i've never seen this lad in the flesh...he looks young, but might be build like a brick shithouse for all i know