January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do we  count Barry as a signing though? Surely we sign up youngsters all the time?

Not ones with his profile in his age group it would appear. Not typically anyway.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Benrahma and a striker please.

Then if any money left a Left back to compete with Targett (and get rid of taylor)

Brentford are 5pts off automatic promotion. No chance they'll entertain offers for Benrahma this window

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Piątek's dad spoke with papers today and apparently he has his eyes set on PL football, but if it doesn't happen he will fight for his place.

But he did openly speak about a transfer, so the guy is on the move.

That was a couple of days ago when the Man United links were touted too. So far us, West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle, Sevilla and Manchester United all been mentioned. Our bid was apparently good enough. Make of that what you will.

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Absolutely not classed as a signing for me

Exactly, will not be in the first team squad this season. Might be next season if we get relegated otherwise the season after I expect to see him.

• Like 1

I don't see why Barry shouldn't be considered a signing. He's one of the best players in his age group in the country and possibly wider afield. It was a considerable outlay and he could be in match squads very soon.

Its important to allow him time to bed in but sure, a signing. As in, he was signed and cost millions. What other criteria do you want?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brentford are 5pts off automatic promotion. No chance they'll entertain offers for Benrahma this window

BM reporting we've put in a 16million pound bid for Benrahma, and he wants to move.

Aside from Gaitan he was my favourite wide player that we've been linked with, personally think he's got a higher ceiling than Bowen.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't see why Barry shouldn't be considered a signing. He's one of the best players in his age group in the country and possibly wider afield. It was a considerable outlay and he could be in match squads very soon.

Its important to allow him time to bed in but sure, a signing. As in, he was signed and cost millions. What other criteria do you want?

He cost £800k didn't he?

18 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Barry'll play with the academy, based on that he's not a first team signing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He is a signing for the future but it’s very unluckily he will play a part this season. So in terms of signings we need to help keep us up you can’t really considering him one of those. 

30 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

BM reporting we've put in a 16million pound bid for Benrahma, and he wants to move.

Aside from Gaitan he was my favourite wide player that we've been linked with, personally think he's got a higher ceiling than Bowen.

I can't find this. Do you have a link?

53 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

By BM do you mean Birmingham Mail? If so you can file it as made up nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I don't think my emotions could cope with us being linked to Benrahma right up to deadline day, only for us not to sign him.

• Like 4

If that is the same Birmingham Mail link that I clicked on the other day, it was just a link to the old story from the summer window. I don't think there are any new links as far as I am aware.

• Thanks 1

Unless I miss my guess, the plan for Barry will be to integrate him into the squad ss soon as possible. I do think he will make the bench in some squads this season but we'll see. Ideally, he gets his chance in due course but we're not blessed with strength in depth up front.

This is an exceptional young player we're talking about remember. Not some speculative youth team acquisition. I guess its neither here nor there if you consider him a signing or not, I personally do, mainly because its significant to our future and exactly what we should be doing - signing exceptional young players.

• Like 1

Would Man Yoo count Jude Bellingham as a signing if they got him from Small Heath for £20m? Would he start for them? Probably not but they’d be looking to prepare him for the first team squad. If Barry is as good as he’s reputed to be, then he’s old enough to be gradually blooded in and around the first team. For that reason, I count him as a proper signing. 

• Like 1