January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This is an absolute disgrace. A flukey last min win over watford via a deflection and all the transfer news has gone quiet!  like everything is rosey.....well its NOT!

We still need 3 more strikers. Only  calibre of Beneteke, Sturridge and Piatek.

People getting excited about semmater? like who?  How can anyone say this guy deserves to wear the sacred Villa shirt in the premier league, more than scott hogan and Jimmy Kodjia? you really think he can move to birmingham and hit the ground running? dreamworld!....

This is wesley MK2 crap touch, bad decisions, breathing out of his ring after 15, one solid tackle and he's rolling around screaming....  for the next 3 months whilst he "gets up to speed"  the belgium boys are laughing all the way to the bank having offloaded junk to us time and time again. I refuse to even acknowledge him unless he proves himself by scoring a hatrick on his debut. minimum.

I just can't understand the appeal of shopping in belgium, I bet deano gives it the big one about his no brand chinese phone that no ones heard of either!  "check out the goophone lads"

he must be taking a big brown envelope stuffed with francs from behind the radiator in the gents of the chorley services to keep scouting there, then moan about a process that has been in football since year dot. It's called completing a transfer.

Intentionally posting rubbish to get a reaction. Isn't there site rules about this sort of crap?

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

Don’t know how impressed I am with a 16yr old having a tattoo.

Yeah I'm not too impressed either. Got the feeling he thinks he is better than he is. 

Still got along way to prove his worth but I'm still excited to see how good he is

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This is an absolute disgrace. A flukey last min win over watford via a deflection and all the transfer news has gone quiet!  like everything is rosey.....well its NOT!

People getting excited about semmater? like who?  How can anyone say this guy deserves to wear the sacred Villa shirt in the premier league, more than scott hogan and Jimmy Kodjia? you really think he can move to birmingham and hit the ground running? dreamworld!....

This is wesley MK2 crap touch, bad decisions, breathing out of his ring after 15, one solid tackle and he's rolling around screaming....  for the next 3 months whilst he "gets up to speed"  the belgium boys are laughing all the way to the bank having offloaded junk to us time and time again. I refuse to even acknowledge him unless he proves himself by scoring a hatrick on his debut. minimum.

I just can't understand the appeal of shopping in belgium, I bet deano gives it the big one about his no brand chinese phone that no ones heard of either!  "check out the goophone lads"

he must be taking a big brown envelope stuffed with francs from behind the radiator in the gents of the chorley services to keep scouting there, then moan about a process that has been in football since year dot. It's called completing a transfer.

ok I realise this is supposed to be funny but it just isn't is it? Really don't need this kind of humour

• Like 1

A lot of those points are only what others have said anyway, and if we hadn't have scored that late goal against Watford, then this thread would have been full of posts moaning about our signings so far, and how we need to sign a proven striker, two wingers, a big strong midfielder, new full-backs another defender, if we're to have any chance of staying up.

30 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Yeah I'm not too impressed either. Got the feeling he thinks he is better than he is.

Because he has a tattoo?! 

Having worked with him before I think we have to trust Harrison’s judgement on his attitude. Add to that he’ll be able to learn from Grealish about his growing up experience (hopefully for longer than 3 months) and I’m confident he’ll work hard to achieve his potential.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Still got along way to prove his worth but I'm still excited to see how good he is

Think you're reading too much Into it mate, it's just a tattoo. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

ok I realise this is supposed to be funny but it just isn't is it? Really don't need this kind of humour

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s usually better than this. Really poor tbh. 

I think that's a touch harsh - 'how can anyone say this guy deserves to wear the sacred Villa shirt . . . more than Scott Hogan?' is not bad really. 

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Errr, you do know that Francs are no longer a currency don't you?

Therefore I call bullshit on the whole post.

• Like 1

Nice to know we can rely on your in depth knowledge and intuition on this dreary damp day.

• Haha 1

Is your surname Meldrew?

giphy.gif

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Targett strikes me as the kind of guy who still has him mum tuck him into bed at night. 

He does to me as well but I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all, it means he is on time for training and that he is grounded and doesn’t go out clubbing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Not this window I know, but if Norwich go down and we stay up - anyone take Cantwell?  

I think he'll develop into a really good player.

Not quite as jinky as Jack, but he has a smooth, gliding motion a bit like Maddison when he's in full flow. 

He'd cost a pretty penny though I'm sure. 

6 goals so far this year and only 21. 

Good player but I would rather Buendia! Imagine there will be some top clubs in for him though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, but I need to clap back on this. The reason Taylor is being talked about in this thread is because there were rumours Stoke were putting in a bid for him*. One poster replied that we shouldn't sell him because he's been solid and is a Wales international; others (including me) disagree that this is true (that he's been solid) or meaningful (that he's a Wales international). The point is it would be good business to sell him for any money we can get in this window. 

*I appreciate that others are now saying that he visited Stoke's training ground for something to do with training badges, and this may not be a link at all. 

Good business to sell him this window? So if Targett got injured, who would play LWB?

23 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Good business to sell him this window? So if Targett got injured, who would play LWB?

Mungo Bridge is probably safest option from u23's.

Can play Centre Half and Left Back.

Or just buy Ryan Manning from QPR or Harry Pickering from Crewe! Two lad's i rate who can play in that position.

Also Max Clark at Vitesse that i've also mentioned a few times too.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2