January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Not convinced by this player. Only one good season in a slightly inferior league which is very different stylistically to the premier league. And only played in Poland prior to that. He isn't even that young! He would be a risk, so performance related clauses making up the bulk of his fee is the only way to go.

But, but, but . . . I've read On Here that we could never sign such a phenomenal player, who is utterly out of our league?

Just now, Philosopher said:

Problem is he lacks redeeming qualities. Elmo is the same but has that crossing ability (a redeeming quality). 

I'm not arguing that he is a good player. Just he is here supplying much needed depth. His job has been done in getting us out of the championship. 

He will be replaced over the next few windows.

My point is the need to have a scapegoat!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Neil Taylor has been a hard working member of Aston Villa FC for a few years now and helped us get promoted last year. He also seems like a nice guy. 

He's not "shit", he's got a good pro career going for himself. 

I used to see the same said about Hutton as some sort of defence against criticism. Hard work is the least we should expect and the amount of times I’ve seen Taylor jog back into position rather than busting a gut is infuriating. He has the odd great game but isn’t prem standard and yes I’ll stand by my Initial remark that he is shit and needs replacing in the squad in the summer if we ever want to progress. Also just because he seems like a nice guy doesn’t make up for his lack of talent and make him immune from being called out as a weak link. Nothing personal just think he never kicked on in his career. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Which one?

scapegoat
/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/
noun
1. a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

That’s not Neil Taylor is it. We blame Taylor for his own faults. Ergo, he’s not a scapegoat, he’s just shit.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:
scapegoat
/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/
noun
1. a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

That’s not Neil Taylor is it. We blame Taylor for his own faults. Ergo, he’s not a scapegoat, he’s just shit.

I do see a lot of ‘’Neil Taylor is playing so we will lose’’. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do see a lot of ‘’Neil Taylor is playing so we will lose’’. 

Fair enough, that does sound like scapegoating.

Back on topic, I hope we can sign a LB who is a much improved backup compared to Taylor, if not a starter ahead of Targett. Though I don’t expect it to happen this window. If Taylor has to play again there’s no hope for us 😋

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:
scapegoat
/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/
noun

But that's not true is it!

Taylor gets the blame for the shape not working properly when we lose, no matter how he plays....how is that not scapegoating? 

I'm not even going to mention the irony of you saying hes not a scapegoat, then calling him 'just shit'; I can see you give him a fair crack of the whip when ever he plays!

• Like 3