January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Clark signed for Eredivisie club Vitesse on 22 June 2018 on a three-year contract after rejecting a new contract with Hull. Hull received compensation from Vitesse, reported by the Hull Daily Mail as "in the region of £400,000" 

I like Targett, but he’s as robust as a Ming vase. Having two players equally good vying for the shirt is what we need. 

It’s no disrespect to Taylor and what he’s done for the club to acknowledge he’s a liability at this level. Teams have targeted him every game he’s played this season because he’s a very weak link. 

Before people get too sentimental just remember what these guys get paid every week to deliver the goods. 

What do reckon Clark’s value is? 

• Like 3

Just now, Awol said:

I like Targett, but he’s as robust as a Ming vase. Having two players equally good vying for the shirt is what we need. 

It’s no disrespect to Taylor and what he’s done for the club to acknowledge he’s a liability at this level. Teams have targeted him every game he’s played this season because he’s a very weak link. 

Before people get too sentimental just remember what these guys get paid every week to deliver the goods. 

What do reckon Clark’s value is? 

Tbf he was being targeted by teams last season too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Not this window I know, but if Norwich go down and we stay up - anyone take Cantwell?  

I think he'll develop into a really good player.

Not quite as jinky as Jack, but he has a smooth, gliding motion a bit like Maddison when he's in full flow. 

He'd cost a pretty penny though I'm sure. 

6 goals so far this year and only 21. 

I like Cantwell, though he does seem a bit lightweight, I'd take him if he bulked up a bit. I like Aarons and Lewis from them more, think they'd both be suited to our new system and would give us real strength in the wing back areas. As somebody mentioned Buendia is probably the jewel in the crown for them, think we'd face competition for any of these should we stay up and be interested.

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I like Cantwell, though he does seem a bit lightweight, I'd take him if he bulked up a bit. I like Aarons and Lewis from them more, think they'd both be suited to our new system and would give us real strength in the wing back areas. As somebody mentioned Buendia is probably the jewel in the crown for them, think we'd face competition for any of these should we stay up and be interested.

Aarons heavily linked with Tottenham

If we were to look at anyone in the summer from Norwich I would've thought it would be Buendia.

But with regards this window, with Slimani no longer an option, I do wonder who this second striker or winger/forward we are after might me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Aarons heavily linked with Tottenham

Can't say I'm surprised as they also need a bit of depth at fullback/wingback, especially the right hand side. Though Mourinho buying young English talent? Not usually his style...

Aarons also being linked to Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig, even before the season begain he was being linked with a big money move away from Norwich, before Cantwell's emergence was seen as their biggest asset.

Is the Callejon & Llorente link still a thing?

Hard to know what to believe online and who/what the credible sources are. Maybe Reina (what a signing) can have some influence on targets from Serie A...

Apparently we are going “all out” for Giroud, according to some French news outlet/paper and tweets.

Nzonzi would be a good signing for us to add some physicality, Vida links have gone quiet too...

I know it’s highly unlikely but I’m holding out hope for a deadline day surprise signing like a Piatek, Bowen or Benrahma 😆

I would be delighted if we got a new LB in and offloaded Taylor (just not good enough, a handicap to our side, nothing personal). A decent rotation option (maybe a youngster) with Targett is what we need, 2 good options in every position is required. We also really need a winger or wide forward because Trezeguet isn’t at the required level (despite his endeavour, tires too easily too).

We do have the funds but I don’t know the state of play with FFP (such a pain).

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, but I need to clap back on this. The reason Taylor is being talked about in this thread is because there were rumours Stoke were putting in a bid for him*. One poster replied that we shouldn't sell him because he's been solid and is a Wales international; others (including me) disagree that this is true (that he's been solid) or meaningful (that he's a Wales international). The point is it would be good business to sell him for any money we can get in this window. 

*I appreciate that others are now saying that he visited Stoke's training ground for something to do with training badges, and this may not be a link at all. 

I think the point being made was not that people should not be able to question Taylor’s ability or his worth to the side, rather that there are respectful and disrespectful ways of doing it. 

For example, saying he’s “not the standard we require at this level” is much more respectful to one of our own than saying “he’s shit”, “he’s crap” etc etc. 

• Like 3

I have never been convinced by Taylor. He was for the most part poor in the championship, so how people think he is good enough for the premier league is beyond me. 

He needs replacing. However I do believe this window that isn't anywhere near a priority.

To be honest I am concerned about Targett too. One on one he is poor, he also lacks pace, and for me pace is essential for a modern fullback. Generally he seems to lack the athleticism needed to play fullback at the highest level. Going forward he is very good his left foot is very good, shooting, crossing, passing and touch are all good on the left peg.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

Ashley Preece/Birmingham Live saying we're still interested in Piatek, but the transfer would rely on Milan accepting an offer which would mean a large amount of the fee coming via clauses. I  wouldn't be overly surprise it if it happened, if not us will probably end up at another midtable premier league club at best, whilst he'd be a coup, I don't think he's out of our league like some people seem to think, just depends on whether we're prepared to pay the money.

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Taylor holds a very important position in the squad...current scapegoat! 

When he leaves we will only end up reducing the confidence of someone else. 

Long live the king!

I agree, but he is still not good enough, and too old. Those are FACTS.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I agree, but he is still not good enough, and too old. Those are FACTS.

We have a number of players that are the same. Just where we are in our building process. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Ashley Preece/Birmingham Live saying we're still interested in Piatek, but the transfer would rely on Milan accepting an offer which would mean a large amount of the fee coming via clauses. I  wouldn't be overly surprise it if it happened, if not us will probably end up at another midtable premier league club at best, whilst he'd be a coup, I don't think he's out of our league like some people seem to think, just depends on whether we're prepared to pay the money.

Not convinced by this player. Only one good season in a slightly inferior league which is very different stylistically to the premier league. And only played in Poland prior to that. He isn't even that young! He would be a risk, so performance related clauses making up the bulk of his fee is the only way to go.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Not convinced by this player. Only one good season in a slightly inferior league which is very different stylistically to the premier league. And only played in Poland prior to that. He isn't even that young! He would be a risk, so performance related clauses making up the bulk of his fee is the only way to go.

Hes also seems to be a pure finisher. I'm not sure we are the team that can carry such a player atm.