January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Anyone know much about Jacob Brunn Larsen young Danish winger at Dortmund who has been linked with loan to buy move to Bournemouth ? He can play anywhere across the front 3. Last night proved we need more options on the flanks. 

Probably not exactly the right thread for this, but I didn't want to start another.

I was just musing this morning that we're presumably going to be looking at another very big player turnover in the summer. I imagine we will be wanting to release, loan or sell Kalinic / Nyland / Elmohamady / Taylor / Engels / Chester / Lansbury / Hourihane / Jota / Hogan and probably Keinan Davis as well if we buy another striker. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably not exactly the right thread for this, but I didn't want to start another.

I was just musing this morning that we're presumably going to be looking at another very big player turnover in the summer. I imagine we will be wanting to release, loan or sell Kalinic / Nyland / Elmohamady / Taylor / Engels / Chester / Lansbury / Hourihane / Jota / Hogan and probably Keinan Davis as well if we buy another striker. 

Seems about right.

Engels is a mystery, ideally we'd be keeping him but he has fallen massively out of favour for whatever reason. Jota might be useful to keep around to play in cup games but I would prefer us to promote some of our better young players.

I look at Trezeguet and really cannot see a place for him unless he's happy to be like a 3rd/4th choice winger.

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Kalinic and,  if Reina stays, one of Nyland or Steer can all go without replacement though - so not so much "turnover" if you by that you mean in and out.
Elmo will probably stay unless we find a real upgrade on or strong competition for Guilbert, but I wouldn't see this as a main priority.
Taylor will hopefully go for the same reason as above, but see Targett, so that's one.
Engels will stay (fall out rumours-dependent), Chester will probably go - requiring one CB in.
Lansbury will hopefully go and a starting 11 CM signed instead.
Hourihane and Jota stay as squad players for me.
Hogan goes and a starting or rotational striker signed, depending on Samatta's form, but Davis definitely stays for me too.

Not that much turnover all in all, I don't expect.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

It’s all gone very quiet. Still hoping for a speedy wide forward and a dominant central midfield player. I suspect we will get a CF target man on loan and that will be us. 
That would still be a decent window. Especially pleased with Reina. Exactly what we needed.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still really hope we make a move for Jarrod Bowen. His goal-scoring record is so good I'm sure he would cause problems in the PL.

I think it would be something that we'd regret if we didn't sign him.

Correct.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Still really hope we make a move for Jarrod Bowen. His goal-scoring record is so good I'm sure he would cause problems in the PL.

Yes! Would have a double impact by letting us shift Jack back into the middle, too. With Bowen and Samatta in we'd be a dangerous side. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I imagine the feelers have been put out by a couple of clubs but with Hull 7 points off the playoffs and a lot of football left to play they're making it near impossible for a deal

If he'd spent all Jan being shopped around by his agent then I'd start to ask why we're not on it but there's hardly any links to anyone, says to me a deal can't be done with hull

Once Samatta starts, El Ghazi can go back to his proper role as a winger.

He has been good there and that's his natural position so it will feel like a new signing.

If we only bring in 1 more striker (and the Barcelona kid), I will be happy with the winter business.

Don't think there's any chance of Grealish being moved back into central midfield, it's since moving out wide that his form has gone up another level and he's started adding goals and more assists to his game, plus the new system with just two central midfielders makes it even less likely that he's going to return to central midfield. Besides Bowen wouldn't take Grealish's place out wide anyway, as he plays on the opposite side cutting in on his left foot, would be him on the right and Grealish on the left.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He's the hybrid front 3 attacking/striker we need. Like Rashford. Can play up top or AM in a front 3. Would give cover to Samatta and also improve front 3 option with Samatta central. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We do need a winger but need someone who can cross the ball. 

It's clear from Smith comments after match that he expects Targett and Fred to do that. Elmo one of the best crossers in the team but we don't want him as can't do the Fred role as well

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's clear from Smith comments after match that he expects Targett and Fred to do that. Elmo one of the best crossers in the team but we don't want him as can't do the Fred role as well

But the likes of Trezeguet often operate in a wide position in this system and he can barely deliver. So not really clear based on actual performance and observation.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But the likes of Trezeguet often operate in a wide position in this system and he can barely deliver. So not really clear based on actual performance and observation.

Not fair, he hits the first defender with pinpoint accuracy, every time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think Chester & Taylor are out of contract and very likely released. Kalinic will hopefully stay at Toulouse and we might even get a couple million for him. Steer might also leave, but then I don’t see Reina being kept on next season either, too much money and two No1s won’t work. It’s Heaton or Reina for me, not both. I should add that I like Reina and love the speed and quality of his distribution. If only we could find a younger version of Reina! Due to wages I can only see Lansbury leaving if we grant a free transfer, which we might well do to free up squad places. 

If we stay up I’d imagine we’d look to buy 2-3 players that would be starting 11 types, upgrades to what we currently have in the starting 11. As yet neither  of ElGhazi or Trézéguet has shown they are good/consistent enough, ElGhazi being the better of the two. I still like ElGhazi and hope he finds the consistency required at this level. 

• Like 1

Would love Bowen. Not one of our wingers has EVER had Bowen's scoring record. He will be good for 10 a season in the prem I'm sure. Not only that but he works hard and has a bit of pace (not rapid though) can pick a pass, can dribble. With him and Trezguet wide, their work rate would give the fullbacks decent protection and our attack good movement. This would allow us to move Grealish back to the middle as long as he is in front of 2 sitting midfielders. Reverting back to a 4-2-3-1.

• Like 3