January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He can f*** off too. 

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we're all treading carefully around the fact that he looks like a complete, f***** bellend. And as for those handbags that all the kids are wearing these days, they're shit as well. Use your pockets you stupid pricks. 

Sick and tired of it. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What's Instagram? That's a waste of time too. 

Worlds gone mad. 

You okay mate? :) 

shocked david bowie GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If we can get Lansbury off the books too, that would be excellent business. 

We still need a combative midfielder and an inside forward if possible. Bowen and N'zonzi would cap a good January for me. 
As things stand, I still don't think we have enough. 

• Like 3

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Blimey Delphy What side of the bed did yiou get out of this morning?

Same side Villalad gets out. 
I'll snap out of it soon enough and I'll get back to slating our summer business instead of how 16yr olds dress whilst pretending they don't know their photo is being taken. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'll snap out of it soon enough and I'll get back to slating our summer business instead of how 16yr olds dress whilst pretending they don't know their photo is being taken. 

At least you're honest about your feelings haha!

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'll snap out of it soon enough and I'll get back to slating our summer business instead of how 16yr olds dress whilst pretending they don't know their photo is being taken

You’ve hit the nail on the head. This is what pisses me off about it. 

‘Oh these clothes? What...please...oh don’t...*pout into the middle distance*’

Anyway, I hope he looks more graceful on the pitch. At least they all wear the same, relatively sane, clothes for 90min per week

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Anyway, I hope he looks more graceful on the pitch. At least they all wear the same, relatively sane, clothes for 90min per week

Have you seen the prices of the elite kit?! 😂

14 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

What you on about firstly you can go on about attacking a post and saying it's not personal by saying take of the shit stained spectacles because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. 

I can't go through your whole post either as it's all over the place. But here are a few answers or questions whichever you prefer. Nobody, especially me is saying lets not get rid of Kodjia, I'm just saying cover first as our needs are more important. His wage should be irrelevant in comparison to what we may need for a game or two until such time as cover is available. I would rather us have options on the pitch or bench until whenever than nothing at all. 40k on one or two players isn't going to kill us when we are in the PL. We still have I believe one of the lowest paid squads if not the lowest in the PL. And if we are intending on hanging around it will become less relevant, especially a player who'd be off the books in the summer anyway. As I said a potential 3 points is where I'm at. Whats wrong with that?

Also lets be straight here, we didn't bring the players in the summer and then think we didn't need further strengthening. I think the whole world agreed we needed further additions asap when Jan arrived. Especially in the forward area and out wide. Even centrally what we have now injuries have also taken hold, is a situation whereby we are stretched in other areas too. So although your talking about things I never initially commented on with regards to the influx(which I am fully aware of) of players. I think it's also relevant to mention further additions were always going to be required. Also tbf why is it every CF is 20-30m? If we are managed correctly as you feel, why wouldn't we have a couple of gems from the lower divisions in at the start of the season for lower fees? We didn't and you don't have to just buy 20-30m players. 

Now with regards the Benteke comments. Give me the old Benteke out for a while with Gabby and Weimann as back up any day other than nobody. You want to talk about where do top CF's come from, erm...Other clubs mate. Like Maupay for 18m or Ings or any of the other potential strikers we could have purchased in the summer, on top of Wes instead of relying on sicknote Davies and lazy bollox Kodjia(in the eyes of many) as his back up. FWIW I'm not hating on Wes either but everybody knew he/we would need another CF as a min so lets not go on like its all blew up just this second and the club have been caught out. And that the potential for being in this situation didn't exist. I don't care what Wes was on for if he'd remained fit. Who gives a crap about that now he's out?! So unfortunately his presence has become useless. 

The thing is. I appreciate the difficulties when they arise and I understand the situation we are in. As  but I will leave you with this because I really don't want to continue backwards and forwards with someone who see things differently. PPPPPP. UTV 

You assume that Maupay wants to comes here when we've spent 20 million and 50k per week on another striker in Wes, when we intend on playing one up front?

I have just spent the last few months dealing with various clubs over my semi pro basketball contract and I think it would be safe to assume there's parallels in recruitment.

Especially considering the PL is a much more professional environment, I'm going to assume that the level of professionalism and integrity is just as if not greater over there.

I had my first trial with a massive club represented by Australia's biggest institution of it's kind, I was told that I was too old for their model, but they offered me assistant coach.

I told them that being 29, I wanted to spend my final opportune years as a player, my specialties were not in alignment with their tactical approach had I been younger anyway.

The head coach told me to go spend the next few weeks in discussions with other clubs and to see if there was a club that could offer me the playing role I wanted.

He did not put any pressure on me whatsoever to commit as assistant coach, but said if I didn't find a club to play at, the role was mine. Multiple clubs offered me a place.

Again, for the majority of instances, people operate honestly and with integrity, I was told by another club that I would be offered a squad spot but in all likelihood would not play.

That conversation just saved me driving 200-300km every week purely to keep my game polished at training, and be third choice in my position.

The club I've opted for said all along, come down for training and see how you fit, I've since been told that I've got a spot, and I'm being viewed for a starting place.

This club is less than 10km from my home, and is more successful than the other two clubs, having been an NBL team in recent years and still top third tier. So I'm happy.

I'm assuming the situation is similar with Kodjia, he just doesn't fit the plans of of Smith whatsoever, no two ways about it, and Smith has allowed Kodjia to pursue his future.

We have discussed the potential pitfalls of playing a striker that comes in immediately, guess what? Same goes the opposite way, Kodjia will want the best chance to settle in.

40k is pittance in this league, but wiping it off the bill for a player surplus to requirements is handy, that's a better striker we can offer wages to.

Kodjia will want to move on to his next home and paycheck, and out of respect for his service and position, I'm sure Smith had an easy choice.

There's 48 points to play for, letting Kodjia go when we obviously know that we'll recruit two strikers who Smith will actually play, isn't the end of our season.

It's also showing Kodjia some decency.

As you put so well, it's probably pretty aimless and petty to cover every aspect and argument of each others post. But I appreciate you taking the time to share your view.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head. This is what pisses me off about it. 
‘Oh these clothes? What...please...oh don’t...*pout into the middle distance*’

I once tried to get my missus to take that photo of me in a £6,000 Gucci cape in Selfridges, was gutted when she said no

• Haha 1

Moving on from the fashion debate for just a moment, if I may, it sounds like we have lots of things going on at the moment transfer wise... obviously all speculation up to this point, but, still. 

I'm just pleased that things are being recognised and addressed - the only concern is that it means more personalities to integrate into the team, which is probably one of the reasons we aren't playing so well at the minute due to the summer recruitment... 

• Like 2

I've never been that fussed about the idea of Bowen, but now that I've seen that Leeds have (supposedly) put in a £3m loan offer with an additional £15m if they get promoted, I'm suddenly jealous and want us to match their offer! :(

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

You assume that Maupay wants to comes here when we've spent 20 million and 50k per week on another striker in Wes, when we intend on playing one up front?......

Please please start using paragraphs

• Like 2