January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, tomav84 said:

am i the only one that remembers cleverly being absolutely turd?

He had 5 or 6 games under Sherwood he looked class the cynic would say he was playing for a contract. He hasnt done anything since wherever he is

Except that short spell him Westwood and Delph was a horrible midfield

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He had 5 or 6 games under Sherwood he looked class the cynic would say he was playing for a contract. He hasnt done anything since wherever he is

Except that short spell him Westwood and Delph was a horrible midfield

I thought he was decent for us when we had him on loan, I was disappointed when we didn’t get him permanently 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

None of then will contribution enough under Smith which has already been proven. Ok Grealish does but he's waiting for a move.

Well, if we'd not once played well this season then you might be right. That's not he case though is it? 

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Gonna regard the transfer window as a failure if we don't sign HABIB MAIGA now tbh

Having just checked him out briefly, santamaria and maiga would both add some combative edge to the weak team.

And who had heard of him on here ? 

Would be looking at players like that in decent leagues or that get to play against good teams.

We cant afford any top premier league tacklers, so that's where I would look, or maybe stand out tacklers in the championship.

Forwards need to be ones who score against decent standard opponents.

What ever we do, and you could even argue getting in lolley and albrighton for villa fans who can play so you know it will be maximum effort each game.

But a brute forward is needed, not trendy and not something I would have ideally gone for but strong down the middle from keeper to forward is what is urgently required for this season to be salvaged.

Edited by brummybloke

37 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Cleverly was a non entity until Sherwood came. To be fair to Sherwood he was good after that. Manager bounce or whatever. 

That's my memory of it anyway. 

Yep that was it, apart from that (very) short spell Cleverley was very poor.

• Like 1

God it’s must be a slow day if we are debating how good Cleverley was How many seasons ago ...

Yesterday was a stark wake up call I think fir all involved and would of been the final nail in the coffin for the none existent Piatek deal and maybe others . In our predicament it will be hard to find players who don’t want a ransom to join. 

29 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Having just checked him out briefly, santamaria and maiga would both add some combative edge to the weak team.

And who had heard of him on here ? 

I was being slightly facetious, but yeah, we definitely need someone who can tackle. Last night made clear that when Nakamba isn't playing we might as well not have a midfield at all in the defensive phase. The problem with Nakamba of course is that he isn't very confident on the ball, so somebody who can manage both aspects is needed. Of course, they don't grow on trees.

We were linked to that Santamaria guy in the summer, weren't we?

I’ll start off by saying this we are a huge club that should in the Top 8 in my humble opinion, yes we have been promoted recently as I do understand but a club of this stature should be cementing itself back quickly with a vengeance. I understand our rich history has nothing to do with the present and football has no mercy on that. The players we have been linked with has been sickening i.e (Murray, Gayle,Assombalonga,Nkietah for example and much worse that don’t spring to mind just yet) Their not in their teams for a reason with Nkietah being exempt but he has zero experience and that is too much of a risk. I hope most agree especially those that have seen this club competing at the top end of the table for many years except for the past decade or so. I like DS as a manager he seems to say the right things but his decision making is going to cost him his job eventually and ill be sad to see that happen, if that does happen we need a world class coach that can attract quality players like a Pochettino or even a Michael Laudrup (where is he these days) and put us where we belong, why not we have top owners with a huge club and resources. How can we have these so called world class technical directors and then get a player like Drinkwater who hasn’t kicked a ball properly for how long 😕

I’m not a scout or genius of any sort but I looked to the top five leagues across Europe for forwards who have a respectable goal return and showcase a certain style of play who are more in the realistic net but also away from the poor man players that some of our fans and journalists have linked us with, all are expected to do well now rather than in years to come. We have seen players explode in other leagues and come here and flop miserably so of course it doesn’t always work out that way and sometimes stats don’t matter in those instances. For example Scoring 20 in Eredivisie doesn’t mean you’re going to be a success in the Premier League, you can score 10,6,7 or 0 it really is that simple. But im sure many of you know this and seen it many times.

Donyel Malen – PSV  - ST
Denis Bouanga – As- Saint Etienne – Winger
Breel Embolo  - Borussia Monchengladbach - ST
Olivier Giroud – Chelsea ( Highly unlikely but there’s not many players to choose from in this division) Again quality if gets going with the right service

Kelechi Iheanacho – Leicester City - ST -  would have been ideal but he seems comfortable with the foxes.
Andre Gray – Watford FC – ST – He could do well here not entirely sure but better than most linked with
Milot Rashica – Werder Bremen- Winger – Would be an excellent signing and change the dimension going forward immediately
No LB's spring to mind but we need an immediate upgrade in that position

Why we spent so much on Wesley from a league that is equivalent to the lower half of the championship was beyond me, he was not even prolific there however this game is always a risk even on players that have proven to be good. 

It is desperate time’s desperate measures now and we NEED two forwards and a right winger, LB if possible as our options are severely weak. Majority of the squad not good enough but let’s try and get behind them regardless.  

Taylor, AEM, Hause, Nakamba , Luiz, Jota, Wesley, Kodjia all not good enough and they should not be near the first team however Luiz and and nakamba could be useful in rotation and that’s all.

We showed nothing against City yesterday it was embarrassing can’t say much more on the matter. We was not able to do the basics it was awful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1