January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Easy to be pessimistic this evening, but I still have this niggling feeling that we have made a mistake to buy so many new low value players who aren't good enough, should probably have kept a couple of the older players like Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton and bought 4-5 PL class players at around £25m instead. Now we have a team with 2-3 players who are good enough and the rest just potential that might never come good as they need real PL quality players beside them to develop properly.

None of them were good enough really anymore for premier league, Hutton would've given it a go of course but would've been like 15/16 when teams just gave him the licence to run down the right and cross it out of play.

Think the problem here is in August no one would've believed if you'd said mid season Taylor, AEM and Hourihane would've all started a game v Man. City. The squad players have started too many games between them this season.

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

probably have kept a couple of the older players like Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton

Elphick and especially Hutton getting injured was why we went on unbeaten run and got promotion. Awful defenders glad to see the back of them. Elmo in Championship was such an upgrade on Hutton it's not funny. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

15 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Nyland      Good enough as No.2  Reina should see this position is OK

Guilbert    Should be OK as wingback with 3 at the back Elmohamody OK as back up

Konsa, Engels, Mings, Hause, Choose 3 from these plus possibly Vida

Targett     As Guilbert, Taylor not good enough for Prem

Hourihane, Nakamba, Jota almost certainly not good enough

Drinkwater  Miles off match fitness not really fair on him today we'll see

Luiz       Young and will get better but out of his comfort zone at this level

Trezuguet    Jury out , fast, but must keep the ball better, looks a threat though

Jack      Enough said but desparately needs help

El Ghazi    Not good enough at this level

We miss McGinn most,

Needed now  2 x CF , Bowen, Vida, Central midfielder

Then we will stay up no problem UTV

El Ghazi >>> Trez. Ghazi is good, needs some consistency but movement and positioning are difficult to coach and he puts himself in positions to score and assist. I think he's a prem player

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Easy to be pessimistic this evening, but I still have this niggling feeling that we have made a mistake to buy so many new low value players who aren't good enough, should probably have kept a couple of the older players like Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton and bought 4-5 PL class players at around £25m instead. Now we have a team with 2-3 players who are good enough and the rest just potential that might never come good as they need real PL quality players beside them to develop properly.

I can see where you are coming from, but please Jedinak?? Elphick?? They are even further away from being good enough. Whelan too. 

• Like 1

we desperately need 1 x striker and 1 x Winger/IF/AM. (preferably 2 x Winger/IF/AM).

For me, player overview as follows:

Premiership Quality:

Heaton, Mings, Engels, McGinn, Grealish.

Prem Quality with some development/more experience (or will do the job in the Prem this season, but needs to develop further):

Konsa, Hause, Targett, Guilbert, Nakamba, Luiz, Wesley, Davis.

Ok Squad Player:

Steer, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Jota.

Development Player(s):

Sarkic, any other high potential youth player.

Not Good Enough/Sell/Get rid:

kalinic, Nyland, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Elmo, Lansbury, Kodjia.

Buy ASAP - in Jan (to have any chance of staying up):

Striker, Winger/IF x 2

Obviously this all depends on whether we manage to stay up.........

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we desperately need 1 x striker and 1 x Winger/IF/AM. (preferably 2 x Winger/IF/AM).

For me, player overview as follows:

Premiership Quality:

Heaton, Mings, Engels, McGinn, Grealish.

Prem Quality with some development/more experience (or will do the job in the Prem this season, but needs to develop further):

Konsa, Hause, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz, Wesley, Davis.

Ok Squad Player:

Steer, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Jota.

Development Player(s):

Sarkic, any other high potential youth player.

Not Good Enough/Sell/Get rid:

kalinic, Nyland, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Elmo, Lansbury, Kodjia.

Buy ASAP - in Jan (to have any chance of staying up):

Striker, Winger/IF x 2

Obviously this all depends on whether we manage to stay up.........

Guilbert?

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Im Not sure about Engels either. Premier league quality??

but by your list we need eight players

Yeah I think he is tbh, in a decent side he would be good i think.

But granted he is the one on that list that could be in the prem quality with some development box, could argue either way tbh.

Whichever it is still think hes a good signing.

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, useless said:

They knew we were going to sign them quite a while before they signed. So I ask myself are we going to sign any players that haven't been linked yet.

Rubbish. Drinkwater was out of the blue. Stefan posted on here he was having a medical and within an hour it was confirmed signing. Reina was the same foreign Twitter source that said we'd made an official bid for Piatek which was denied by the club via John Percy I think

Its not difficult to get players in the January window if u pay the money. 
Trying to save yourself a few million and waiting to end of January is going to cost Villa hundreds of millions when we go down. 
We need players by Wednesday. Feck this working hard shit.

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Im Not sure about Engels either. Premier league quality??

but by your list we need eight players

Tbh I think next season if they Improve as we would hope, I think this would be a mid table team.

Heaton

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Guilbert - Nakamba - Luiz - Targett

Grealish - NEW

NEW

The two new players would need to be genuinely good players though, not potentially good, they would need to be very good players straight from the start.

Of course would need more players to Improve the bench and challenge the first team.

The only debate for me is would we also need an additional CM to replace Luiz or nakamba If they don't cut it.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh I think next season if they Improve as we would hope, I think this would be a mid table team.

Heaton

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Guilbert - Nakamba - Luiz - Targett

Grealish - NEW

NEW

The two new players would need to be genuinely good players though, not potentially good, they would need to be very good players straight from the start.

Of course would need more players to Improve the bench and challenge the first team.

The only debate for me is would we also need an additional CM to replace Luiz or nakamba If they don't cut it.

Ok, that isn’t too different from what i would do. And would have done today. 

• Like 1