January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Only thing on Piatek is - and a big IF - but surely ol big bucks American wes will know the big bucks American investors of Milan - possible this is a pure money situation and they speaka da same language. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Spurs or Villa

CL or relegation battle

London or Brum

José or Smith

In the face of it it would seem like a no brained, practically all we can offer is the guarantee of 1st team football, but depending on how confident this kid is he may feel like he can really stake a claim while Kane is out injured. 

I would clearly love to be proven wrong but I just don't see us being in a position to be signing a player of his profile at this moment in time. 

I don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that Levy will be going for a loan/delayed payment/silly offer as per usual.  If they are in need of cash, we might be a financially better deal and overall more attractive to the club, if not the player.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Twitter. Where else? The papers have nothing these days.

Sorry mate, that’s another clearly fake account. It’s someone pretending to be a journalist..

Edited by Elton

No I haven't seen Piatek play, I hadn't even heard of him until a few days ago, just going off stats and what I've read. Think if he was really as good as some have been making out he'd cost a lot more than £30m and would be being linked to better positioned clubs than ourselves, West Ham and Newcastle United.

1 minute ago, useless said:

No I haven't seen Piatek play, I hadn't even heard of him until a few days ago, just going off stats and what I've read. Think if he was really as good as some have been making out he'd cost a lot more than £30m and would be being linked to better positioned clubs than ourselves, West Ham and Newcastle United.

End of that post is so grim

11 minutes ago, Elton said:

Some of these accounts go private because they don’t like being called out on their BS. They can then just lap up the attention from their disciples. Any account that purports to be an ITK ‘agent’ is guaranteed to be fake. I mean why would real agents even do this, it’s nonsense.

Yes, maybe.

I read lots of BS and choose not to bother posting it here but this source is pretty quiet on the whole and always prescient. He not an attention seeker, hardly tweets and never answers questions.  I am only letting you guys know.
In any case, many-a-slip-between-cup-and-lip as they say, he could be bang on and it could fall down, doesnt mean he is lying.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I have gone back to watch the two AC Milan matches he started archived on ESPN+ since the rumors started. He didn't do a whole lot against Sampdoria, but wasn't given many chances. He looked very good in the match I saw against Sassuolo, however. No goal, but got three shots on, and made a few really nice passes. One of which should have resulted in a goal. He's better than Wesley. I'll give him that.

Here's a fancy chart! https://understat.com/player/7090

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.46.35 AM.png

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Yes, maybe.

I read lots of BS and choose not to bother posting it here but this source is pretty quiet on the whole and always prescient. He not an attention seeker, hardly tweets and never answers questions.  I am only letting you guys know.
In any case, many-a-slip-between-cup-and-lip as they say, he could be bang on and it could fall down, doesnt mean he is lying.

Excellent vocab, Sir. Word of the day 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Elton said:

Sorry mate, that’s another clearly fake account. It’s someone pretending to be a journalist..

FFS, I am 48, I am really not bothered, its a rumours thread, 95% will come to nothing but some take the sport of calling BS very seriously. I am just sharing what is new and out there to thise that dint read twitter. If it annoys you give ths thread a miss until February?

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that Levy will be going for a loan/delayed payment/silly offer as per usual.  If they are in need of cash, we might be a financially better deal and overall more attractive to the club, if not the player.

He will also leave it to deadline day as per his MO. It may all be nonsense but the sounds from italy today are promising. I just hope he doesn’t wait for spurs to poss make a move as we need a striker now ! 

44 minutes ago, thunderball said:

AVAgent in Twitter (Private account) who doesnt tweet often but is usually on the money, says we have offered for Piatek and it is a legit pursuit.

Cant paste the link as its a protected account.

There will be other suitors but who knows?

Is that instead of a Trivial one?

• Haha 2

Haven't even seen this on Villareport. Some Romanian agent claiming he's sending someone to Villa.

Google translate effort...

Businessman Ioan Becali announces that he will soon make a spectacular transfer for Romanian football.

The player agent claims he will take a footballer to the Premier League at Aston Villa.

"I'm going to give them a player at Aston Villa in the Premier League," he told DigiSport .

Becali did not disclose the name of the player in question, but at present there are very few interesting Romanians for the Premier League teams.

Most likely, he is negotiating for one of FCSB's two top prospects, Florinel Coman and Dennis Man.

On Coman's behalf, several concrete offers have arrived in recent months, all refused by the team owner in the hope of obtaining a bigger amount.

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The notion that Nyland is good enough at this level to be our #1 for the rest of the season is madness. And that is coming from someone who likes Nyland.
If you'd have said at the start of the season that Nyland would be our keeper from Jan through to April, people would be spitting feathers and calling you mad. Yes, his performances have improved and he was superb last night, but he has been largely woeful if you look at his tenure at Villa as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, Nyland may have suddenly become a top keeper, but I wouldn't bet our survival on it and the club is absolutely right to be bringing in someone else as competition. 

Nah Nyland just has to play until steer is fully fit so under 10 games. I do think Nyland may have turned a corner but Reina is on so much money unless he took a massive haircut there is no way we are in for him. He isn't worth 100k a week and he hasn't played regularly for 2 seasons.

32 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Twitter. Where else? The papers have nothing these days.

The £3m fee alone is enough to tell you it's blollox 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

with the ammount of poles in birmingham you could easily add 10000 to the gate by signing a polish superstar. If the owners were as rich as they say they'd go all out and get lewandowski in on a six month loan. however he's always been to scared to come to the prem.

we need a non cup tied striker to come in and fire us to wembley.

we actually need four strikers just to give us a fighting chance. If one doesn't hit the ground running one of the others will.

• Haha 2

We signed Heaton at the start of the season for a reason, because Steer and Nyland were deemed not good enough, a few good games from Nyland shouldn't be enough to change that position. If the window closes and we haven't signed another goalkeeper what happens if Nyland makes a mistake that costs us a goal and loses his confidence suddenly we're back with the Nyland of last season and there's nothing we can do about it. Club are right to be targetting a goalkeeper, for very same reason they were right to have signed Heaton at beginning of the season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Nah Nyland just has to play until steer is fully fit so under 10 games. I do think Nyland may have turned a corner but Reina is on so much money unless he took a massive haircut there is no way we are in for him. He isn't worth 100k a week and he hasn't played regularly for 2 seasons.

Bleedin’ hell I hope we’re not paying stupid money for haircuts!