January Transfers 2019/20

sne

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It does say WITH OBLIGATION TO BUY.

To me, the only way that would happen, and how it reads to me, is that it would basically be a purchase with a financial structure to suit FFP.

Of course it could also be absolute bollox, but stranger things have happened.

It might as well say WITH SIX PINK ELEPHANTS for all that matters. Fulham are not going to give away their top scorer for free for six months on the run-in to the season, for very obvious reasons.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Let's sign the UK men's 4 x 100m relay team, stick 1 on each wing and 2 up front. Their pace would be a refreshing change. 

You could have arguably the fastest man in history in Usain Bolt and still be average at A-League level.

We could offer Fulham £30m for Mitrovic and they wouldn't sell him, they're going for promotion which is worth much more than that and their owner Shahid Khan is worth eight billion according to some estimates, he's the guy who tried to buy Wembley, so they're not stuck for money either. Not sure if MItrovic would be overly keen on leaving a side in with a shout for promotion to join a team that could very well get relegated. Think we need to forget about this player, as unless Fulham are in some kind of FFP trouble behind the scenes, it's extremely unlikely to happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

We could offer Fulham £30m for Mitrovic and they wouldn't sell him, they're going for promotion which is worth much more than that and their owner Shahid Khan is worth eight billion according to some estimates, he's the guy who tried to buy Wembley, so they're not stuck for money either. Not sure if MItrovic would be overly keen on leaving a side in with a shout for promotion to join a team that could very well get relegated. Think we need to forget about this player, as unless Fulham are in some kind of FFP trouble behind the scenes, it's extremely unlikely to happen.

I'd agree with this. Think Villa and Grealish last year. 

Having said that he is exactly the type of player we need. So good in both boxes! 

I would be really happy with Karlan Grant. Think he is  a guaranteed 12 + goals striker, which we can get without breaking the bank probably. Either him or Watkins would be really nice from the championship. 

Cyriel Dessers from Heracles in the Eredivisie is also looking like an exciting prospect, 12 goals and 5 assist playing as the front man in a 4-3-3 system. So he will be used to playing as an alone front man. Only thing scary with Eredivisie players that for every suarez, there is 2-3 Vincent Janssens. 

Edited by siminjo
  • Like 2

Well Oliver Giroud was one I thought of a while ago.

Proven premier league and international striker. I also think when clubs are starting to build up the need a player or two who's been there and won stuff. Brian Marwood was talking about Vieria at Man. City, was past his best when he joined but credited him with improving the dressing room mentality. Same for Gullit at Chelsea in the mid 90s.

Would be a very good signing if he's up for coming. Ultimately they'll be plenty of interest abroad so not convinced, think Batsuyhai is more realistic of the two.

• Like 2

We really struggle with the opposition playing a very high backline since Wesley never threathened with speed or scary runs behind the defenders and Grealish is also no speed demon despite all his other great assets. Imagine we substitute Wesley with an even more static player in Giroud. Unless we brought in two lighting quick wingers with the intelligence to make runs in behind, and move Grealish in central, our already weak midfield would be pressed to bits by having the opposition swarming the midfield with midfielders and defenders alike.

1 minute ago, siminjo said:

We really struggle with the opposition playing a very high backline since Wesley never threathened with speed or scary runs behind the defenders and Grealish is also no speed demon despite all his other great assets. Imagine we substitute Wesley with an even more static player in Giroud. Unless we brought in two lighting quick wingers with the intelligence to make runs in behind, and move Grealish in central, our already weak midfield would be pressed to bits by having the opposition swarming the midfield with midfielders and defenders alike.

Giroud is magnificent holding the ball up so really comparing him to Wes who is still inexperience at this level is a bit silly. It sticks more upfront and so Jack can link up more with the CF than he's done so far this season.

Giroud also makes good near and far post runs on crosses (see his goal in europa league final) so again I'm hopeful we'd see improvement in that area as again Wes is just to static in those situations.

I also a quicker wider player who can also play centrally will also be signed so that should improve our counter attack ability.

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I’m not saying he’s all graft and no ability, just that a lot of his game seems to be about tenacity and workrate, or at least it’s always seemed like one of his best attributes, when I’ve seen him. 

You might argue that tenacity and workrate are attributes we definitely need. 

• Like 1