January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Ashley Westwood would walk into our team at the moment, as would Jack Cork. If we want a DM we've got a choice of going for one with premier league experience that's out of favour but is prove and could potentially still do a job such as Drinkwater, or we could take a risk on another Nakamba type, given the urgency of our situation we're probably more likely to go for the player that has experience of the league we're in if possible, obviously there's another scenario where just go and pay £20m plus for someone like Kalvin Phillips or similar but we're most likely not in a position to do that. I'd prefer Mendy, but don't think Drinkwater would be a bad choice either.

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

On his day he (Drinkwater) was very good. 

My question though is he going to be a player that grabs hold of a game? That’s what we really need a vocal leader that’s going to dig out other players from time to time. 

He was very good at Leicester playing alongside Kante but what kind of player he is now is hard to know. He has played so little that Villa won't even have a scouting report on him.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

He was very good at Leicester playing alongside Kante but what kind of player he is now is hard to know. He has played so little that Villa won't even have a scouting report on him.

Do we have a scout report on anyone? Last I heard our Iberian scout was doing an English degree in London. We do it the proper way FIFA stats and YouTube 

1 hour ago, sne said:

This is a guy who was injured after being beaten up at a nightclub after hitting on a teammates girlfriend a couple of months ago.

Was some non league player with Drinkwater giving the big one about who he is

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thanks for sharing.

Seems like a very good account to follow as well!

Great breakdowns and analysis of other topics too.

Great account, always figured it was someone off here to be honest. 

23 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Danny needs to drink more water

hes been Drinking way too much alcohol  for while. Getting into fights with a lower league players too in Manchester nightclub after  attempting to steal the lower leagues players girlfriend in Deansgate.

he has way too much baggage now.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

On his day he (Drinkwater) was very good. 

My question though is he going to be a player that grabs hold of a game? That’s what we really need a vocal leader that’s going to dig out other players from time to time. 

At his best at Leicester he kept the play ticking over and could put his foot in.

Wouldn't want him though. As others have said since the move to Chelsea he's lost all focus on football, he can't have played more than 20 games in last two seasons and all the off field issues are red flags aswell we should be heeding.

Morgan Schneiderlin hasn't played for Everton since December 7th. He played full 90 minutes in their 3-1 win over Chelsea but hasn't been seen since and could well not be in Ancelotti's plans.

Player I really rated when he was at Southampton but lost his way at Man. United and also at Everton.

He's actually been a regular for Everton this season (which may be way they were hovering above bottom 3) but dunno think he might be a bit better than Drinkwater given he's actually started many games this season.

Victor Wanyama is another to look at if he's still a Spurs player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

At his best at Leicester he kept the play ticking over and could put his foot in.

Wouldn't want him though. As others have said since the move to Chelsea he's lost all focus on football, he can't have played more than 20 games in last two seasons and all the off field issues are red flags aswell we should be heeding.

Christ no, I remember the furore over the last player we had that kept things ticking over. Ashley Westwood was his name if I remember correctly... 

It's the sort of signing I'd expect, were desperate and need players that can hit the ground running in the league and improve on the current crop. While I wouldnt personally go for drinkwater, I fully expect to see highly paid fringe players who need to restart their careers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

It's the sort of signing I'd expect, were desperate and need players that can hit the ground running in the league and improve on the current crop. While I wouldnt personally go for drinkwater, I fully expect to see highly paid fringe players who need to restart their careers.

I’d Rather we tried for Victor Wanyama or someone like that on loan without the baggage Drinkwater currently is going through.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4