January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Depending where we are come January we may have to divert slightly from our normal transfer model.  A quick fix may be necessary, especially up front.

You have to be pragmatic and adaptable. We need quality players who are ready to go right now and they're generally pretty expensive, unless you find one in a situation that favours us - Heaton was a good example of that.

On 06/12/2019 at 20:59, GingerCollins29 said:

Just spoke to brian little in asda. 

Says we are targetting 3. One def a striker. Believe me or not

Oh great, so our players have got to learn sign language now!?

• Haha 3

Loan with option to buy is getting a more and more realistic and sensible option the further we slip down the table.

Less risk for us and for any player who doesn't fancy the risk of playing in the Championship next season as that is a realistic risk.

No idea who but I wouldn't be surprised to see us go down that route.

• Like 1

Benteke would do well in our current side, could well be a shrewd signing on loan and could have a sort of master and apprentice relationship with Wesley. But Palace might be reluctant to let him join if they see us as rivals.

Edited by useless

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He is 32 but then I'm said before I don't mind a wise old head or two in the team who's been there and done it like he certainly has at Barca and to a lesser extent at Chelsea.

Seriously though, I think the players we should be targeting in January are old experienced heads who have been there and done it.

I don't want to trot out the "real men" yer da talk, but honestly....we need real men.

Get Glenn Murray on the blower.

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Not even if the outlay for them gives us a much greater capacity to retain our status as a Premier League club?

No, they will look for a player who we could sell on AND can help us maintain PL status. 

50 minutes ago, hippo said:

Im probably on my own on this - but both fullbacks seem to struggle for me. I would like some more options here.

I think you’re right, but I doubt we will be looking to do anything in January, given the nature of the market and the issue of not making too many mid season changes. 

Edited by DaveAV1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Except for Heaton?

We could sell him on in 2 years still.  Given was 35 when we signed him.   Heaton is 2 years away from that yet.  

Keepers go on forever.  

15 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:
Michy Batshuayi is a target for Aston Villa. They feel this is a genuine option.... loan deal being spoken about with option to buy.

Year and a half left on his contract, not done enough to warrant a new contract so last chance for them to get significant money for him.

Seems plausible and loan with option to buy if we stay in the PL is a sound strategy.

That sounds acceptable. At least he has experience of English football. 

Haven't seen a lot of him that must be said, so I youtubed him. Wasn't completely sold, but I'll give any striker a go at this point. 

After watching that I watched the Wesley video from Belgium and that was Salifou'esque. What were we thinking. 😂