January Transfers 2019/20

sne

He's a brilliant player.

Plus his name is Milot which is fun to say. Milot.

We're in a similar spot to Werder in the league, could probably tempt him over if there's no bigger sides in. I'm sure there will be some interested parties if he's available.

I really don’t see why we wouldn’t spend big if we can land a prime target. Unless we are restricted by PL spending regs then it’s fairly sensible to invest now to ensure we stay (and thrive) in the division. The problem will be buying quality in January as that’s never easy to do for anyone.

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's a brilliant player.

Plus his name is Milot which is fun to say. Milot.

We're in a similar spot to Werder in the league, could probably tempt him over if there's no bigger sides in. I'm sure there will be some interested parties if he's available.

I just can’t imagine us dropping £35M+ on a midfielder in Jan when we need another striker so badly. Wes gets injured and we’re goosed at the moment. Even if he stays fit we need another option there more than any other position. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

I just can’t imagine us dropping £35M+ on a midfielder in Jan when we need another striker so badly. Wes gets injured and we’re goosed at the moment. Even if he stays fit we need another option there more than any other position. 

Thought he was a attacker/wide forward?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Imagine how upset everyone else would be if we did though :)

Not as upset as they'd be when he turned out not to be **** incredible within a minute of setting foot on the pitch for us.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Thought he was a attacker/wide forward?

Never seen him play and wiki had him down as a midfielder, but wide forward makes more sense. Just read Deano’s latest on Wes (Villareport) and he’s pretty clear we don’t want another striker in Jan’ - his main criticism is of the defence.

11 hours ago, sne said:

If we are going Russian we should go for Artem Dzyuba who's sitting on an expiring contract at Zenith and is having a great season.

Won't be able to get him either thou but would be a bit less unlikely if they crash out of the CL on Tuesday.

we were linked with him under McLeish . Probably too late to get him now plus Russian players dont travel so well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

we were linked with him under McLeish . Probably too late to get him now plus Russian players dont travel so well

Yup.

Very difficult to find Russian players that have worked out abroad for more than short periods. 

Karpin and Mostovoi at Celta perhaps :D 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Never seen him play and wiki had him down as a midfielder, but wide forward makes more sense. Just read Deano’s latest on Wes (Villareport) and he’s pretty clear we don’t want another striker in Jan’ - his main criticism is of the defence.

Probably just to keep Wes's spirits up, we've still got a few to play before anyone else can start.

Even if he doesn't want to replace Wes as the main man, it's hard to see how he'd turn down the chance to bring backup in at the very least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Didn't he say the same about Nyland this time last season then signed Kalinic

Rashica is the type of player we need as we are becoming too reliant on Jack for creativity. Wesley also needs help badly up front to take the pressure of him and let him settle and hopefully prove the doubters wrong.

I can see us maybe going back in for Remi Oudin alternatively to increase options in the attacking third. I would also like us to go in for Josh Sargent again from Bremen who I think will go on to be a fantastic striker. 

My theory is we were always after another (poss main )striker in the summer but for whatever reason we couldn’t get our preferred target. We have built the squad now in January we need one or two players of exceptional talent to supplement the team maybe alongside a young prospect. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Was he injured v England. I remember vaguely reading Kosovo were missing their best player so assume it was him.

I used to watch bremen regularly as they were a very entertaining team a few seasons back with Max Kruse upfront. Haven't seen them as much this season but will have a look to see how he plays.

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

We aren't signing a 40m player in January.

It seems unlikely but there were strong rumours we were willing to spend big on one or two players in the last few days of the window.  I don't think finding the money will be an issue if there is the right player available.