PlayStation 5

hogso

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

If the thumbsticks don't break within the first 3 months of use that'll be enough of an upgrade for me.

What do you do with your controllers?

I still have the PS4 controllers I got with the console years ago and they're fine :D 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What do you do with your controllers?

I still have the PS4 controllers I got with the console years ago and they're fine :D 

Yeah I do wonder this myself at times when you see these complaints.

Like you I’ve not had to buy a new controller yet and have had a PS4 since around 6 months after it came out and it’s had some significant use during that time.

I've had 3 pads with my ps4.

It's the only playstation I've ever had trouble with the original pad I've gotten with it.

They "work", but I play FPS and they get "rotational crawl" where you leave you right analogue stick and your player turns left or right on their own.

Makes aiming and recoil control on pads really hard, and on twitch shooters like bfv or apex or cod, it ruins the games.

Driving games I'd imagine would be annoying too, although rocket league has been fine.

I think FPS games reduce their input on the analogue sticks to 0 so any input counts towards movement, whereas other games styles give you a bit more leeway.

My plan was to try for one at launch but the cyberpunk news might put a dent in that

If it doesn't launch with anything special then I'll probably wait until the 2nd wave in the new year (assuming Sony do have a AAA exclusive in the Q1 slot as per usual) 

With the number of studios they have with great games this gen it'll be disappointing if it launches with nothing 

I'm thinking of getting one at launch,  but also in the same boat as you.  If there's no launch titles which are a must play then I'll gladly wait a few months for the library to build a little.

Backwards compatibility for the PS3 is a **** nightmare, and they probably felt doing it prior to that isn't worth it, so cut their losses at the PS4 (and the implication of that is that it won't be full back compatibility, just most...)

I can remember the fallout from xbox (amongst other things)

but I honestly don't think I've even tried it on the PS4

and im not sure which games I have a desire to go back and play, the FF games (available on PSN) that's about it, it doesn't hold the nostalgia with me that say the ability to play SNES games on a new Nintendo console, there's a few games I wouldn't mind seeing updated with a new entry, remade or remastered (G Police, Fear Effect, Vagrant Story, Syphon Filter) but im not going to play the originals now

I'll be getting one at launch. All the talk out of Japan that stocks will be limited worldwide until March 2021 means that regardless of launch titles I'm getting one. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

I'll be getting one at launch. All the talk out of Japan that stocks will be limited worldwide until March 2021 means that regardless of launch titles I'm getting one. 

Have you heard any rumours about what's in the works generally? 

I'm assuming GoW2, horizon 2 and spiderman 2 but would be happy with a killzone or resistance curveball, their Japan studio (gravity rush, knack) is also quiet, feels like a GT game is long overdue too

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have you heard any rumours about what's in the works generally? 

I'm assuming GoW2, horizon 2 and spiderman 2 but would be happy with a killzone or resistance curveball, their Japan studio (gravity rush, knack) is also quiet, feels like a GT game is long overdue too

It's all been relatively quiet in Sony's camp.

The longest rumour that doesn't seem to die is Bluepoint Games working on a Demon's Souls remake for PS5.

There is also the rumour that Konami keep shutting down, yet it keeps on reappearing about Japan Studio working on a Silent Hill reboot for PS5.

SIE San Diego Studio (MLB The Show series) are rumoured to be working on Uncharted 5, or at least something in the Uncharted universe. It's unknown if that is planned for PS5's launch window though.

Outside of that though it has been really quiet. It's believed that Guerrilla Games will have Horizon 2 ready for launch which is to be expected as their releases are tech demos as much as they are fully-fledged games. 

It's going to be a very interesting launch as God of War is 2 years old today, so unless Santa Monica have been crunching hard then God of War 2 is probably still 1-2 years away. Naughty Dog are busy with the indefinitely delayed Last of Us: Part 2, which likely also puts back any plans for a new IP. Sucker Punch have Ghosts of Tsushima out later this year for PS4, so they're out of commission for another 4-5 years while they make something for PS5. Sony have been so secretive recently that it's hard to tell where companies are with regards to PS5 projects.  

I would expect Gran Turismo 7 around the launch of PS5, or at least a Gran Turismo 7: Prologue sort of release where they show off what next-gen Gran Turismo will look like. 

My biggest concern with the PS5 at launch is when I look at their studios I see a lot of them out of commission for the next couple years because of PS4 releases in the last 1-2 years. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â