PlayStation 5

hogso

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Physical version for me I think.  

And me

Seen nothing to suggest that the price of the digital copy will make it worthwhile, £50 for a physical copy with a £20-30 trade / resale value or £40 for a digital copy makes the physical copy a no brainer for me 

Horizon 2. Noice! 
Wasn't interested in much else, Hitman will likely be good tho!

The console tho.... dayum, fair play to them for trying something unique. I kinda hate it, but at least it's not really dull like the XSX. Looks incredibly thin, hope the cooling system is up to the job.

Edited by PieFacE

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How could you not be interested in that cat game 🙁

Oh, which one? 

The one where they go to the moon looked cool, 2022 release so kinda forgot about it. 

My first impressions of the design is that it won't be quiet and it will get hot.

Interesting - managed to forget about this so was running 10 mins behind everything.

Not adverse to the design, though it's going to mess with my under-TV storage trying to squeeze that in somewhere.  4k blu ray is welcome (despite probably being a generation too late now), though PLEASE could they make it play music CDs again please, that restriction on the PS4 is without a doubt one of the most stupid things ever.

Liked a few of the reveals - Kena sorta evoked some memories of lost winds from the wii in some of the visual style and was probably my pick; Little Devil Inside better have the ridiculous soundtrack the whole way through else I'm out; Stray I'd like to see a bit more of; Oddworld looks horribly brutal in a this-is-all-meaningless-in-the-end-anyway-but-lets-try sorta way; Deathloop looked a great premise, but built on Bethedsa bugs and no doubt a 15 year old engine; Horizon, looked good and reminded me I really need to sort out playing the original before the universe flares out and entropy sets in forever.  Oh, and you can tell every studio appears to have a thing for either souls-like or "oooh, whats the big mystery here then, keep playing to (possibly) find out" action adventure games.

No doubt I'll pick up the 2nd slim version next year or so (and then spend hours each month fishing whatever toys the 3 year old has forced into the drive slot)

Oh, and other plus point; apart from the netball simulator and sackboy goes bananas, there wasn't much in there that looked like it could be totally loaded up with micro transaction nonsense (I'm sure they'l find a way though).

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Oh, which one? 

Stray

The robot one where it said humans were all dead and you play as a cat

For me spiderman and horizon are obvious, GT7 as soon as I saw that home screen my eyes lit up (I love the RPG-esque element of GT not the racing itself) RE8 I'm not sure of the first person stuff but my faith is restored in the series, the style of the Bethesda game was awesome, kena looked good, R&C, the demolition Derby game and sack boy looked like PSN+ / PSN now pick ups

What didn't do it for me was demons souls because I'm not a fan of the genre, the Tokyo game as soon as the gameplay kicked in, godfall and for some reason I also don't get on with the hit an series... And the less said about bug snacks or whatever horror show that was the better 

I would guess £500 for the proper console? And I need a new TV for it... 

Looking pretty bloody good if you ask me, graphics looked insane at times but always look good on promos obvs, console itself is sexual and I like the switch to white. New pad looks good, interesting no mention or reference to VR though.

• Like 1

Wasn’t blown away but not sure what I was expecting really, loads of games and a fair few that interested me. Will more than likely be in day one for the physical version. 

Oh and Bugsnax was a bop!

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looking pretty bloody good if you ask me, graphics looked insane at times but always look good on promos obvs, console itself is sexual and I like the switch to white. New pad looks good, interesting no mention or reference to VR though.

I took the Astro bot game as a nod to VR as that was a big VR game

could be like how they took terraway off the PSP though

it looks cooler stood up, I can probably stand it next to my set up (same with the xbox) but then that brings in the issues over dust being sucked up, I assumed that the fan vents were part of that feature with the blue lights at the top

and what you cant see in the xbox pic is the 10kg second power unit box that comes on the plug ;) 

• Like 1

I've been an Xbox One guy since release, only getting hold of a PS4 for their exclusives last year but it's completely sold me now.

Going to go with PS5 when it comes out. Spiderman 2 alone will make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

Looks cool. Still on the fence about whether to go PS5 or the Xbox-One-360-Series-X thing (seriously how can they be so bad at naming consoles?) but I'm happy to wait until six months after launch before pulling the trigger.   With the exception of the OG Xbox I've mounted every console I've owned vertically since the PS2 anyway so the fact that this one seems designed to go that way moreso than the previous machines isn't an issue for me at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just read that the price for the physical version is £449 and £349 for digital.  Seems fair to me,  but the cost of the headset is £129!  That's just a bit silly imo.

The camera is £55 and the charging dock is £25.  Expected to release 20th November.   If I can find the article I'll link it.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Just read that the price for the physical version is £449 and £349 for digital.  Seems fair to me,  but the cost of the headset is £129!  That's just a bit silly imo.

The camera is £55 and the charging dock is £25.  Expected to release 20th November.   If I can find the article I'll link it.

Bit late to the party. Physical and digital? Does one not have a disc drive or something?

Â