1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

ok cool, just wanted to make sure thats what you meant.

Yeah i disagree 100%, to the point of shock, but we are both entitled to our opinions :)

Well, that’s the purpose of a messageboard, why do you disagree? Can you expand?

Just been looking at their transfer dealings in last 3 years

19/ 20 net spend 60 million

18/19 net spend 80 million

17/18 net spend 60 million

They have spent a a lot of money on players I have never heard of which may suggest they have wasted a lot of money.

This summer they bought Maupay for 20 million and Webster for 20 million .Both of these players we were heavily linked with I hope they don’t prove we have made a mistake.

This may not be the walk over many fans might expect. 

I expect a tight game maybe Mings to score winner late on??

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, that’s the purpose of a messageboard, why do you disagree? Can you expand?

He can play as DCM and clearly has played there a number of times for us, including the first couple of games this season.  He is obviously a different type of DCM to Nakamba - CH is more of a quarterback type, controlling play, and less of a high energy, gets everywhere like Nakamba.  I think he played there for Barnsley before he came to Villa Park.  He definitely needs legs around him if he is playing there IMHO.

I just happen to think he is better offensively and playing off a front two of Wes and Davis would see him score a bucketfull.

54 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural cdm for me, that’s his best position, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was first out of the door in January 

I think that exactly the problem. He was played as a defensive midfielder and was a bit shit. Whenever he's played further forward he has delivered. For me h'es still in credit this season. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Finland. In 1980 that was a world away.

Have a great day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He can play as DCM and clearly has played there a number of times for us, including the first couple of games this season.  He is obviously a different type of DCM to Nakamba - CH is more of a quarterback type, controlling play, and less of a high energy, gets everywhere like Nakamba.  I think he played there for Barnsley before he came to Villa Park.  He definitely needs legs around him if he is playing there IMHO.

I just happen to think he is better offensively and playing off a front two of Wes and Davis would see him score a bucketfull.

He's awful at DCM. 1 goal 0 assists for us I believe I checked a while back. He was LCM in a 442 for Barnsley and certainly wasn't a defensive role

SGC talking absolute rubbish again

Edited by Kiwivillan

Take it to the Hourihane thread!   I want to hear people's opinions on how best to spank Brighton.   Unchanged team for me.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Take it to the Hourihane thread!   I want to hear people's opinions on how best to spank Brighton.   Unchanged team for me.

Unchanged side. 3-1 win with Hourihane having another poor game apart from scoring 2 and assisting Grealish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The team looks really good here. Positive vibe, and a really intense scrimmage.

• Like 3

I'd like to see Trez get some minutes today.

Game face time.   We can win this one and i’m going for a 3-1 win here.

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Had a dream we lost 2-1.

Wouldn't that be typical of us, thrash Norwich then when on a high, lose at home.

I don't like it when I feel confident going into a game. 

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 2

Those training with the first team videos are brilliant. I always turn the volume up max so I can hear them all swearing at each other :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unchanged team for me barring injuries or fatigue. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Finland. In 1980 that was a world away.

nauti päivästä!

• Thanks 1