Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

ok cool, just wanted to make sure thats what you meant.

Yeah i disagree 100%, to the point of shock, but we are both entitled to our opinions :)

Well, that’s the purpose of a messageboard, why do you disagree? Can you expand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been looking at their transfer dealings in last 3 years

19/ 20 net spend 60 million

18/19 net spend 80 million

17/18 net spend 60 million

They have spent a a lot of money on players I have never heard of which may suggest they have wasted a lot of money.

This summer they bought Maupay for 20 million and Webster for 20 million .Both of these players we were heavily linked with I hope they don’t prove we have made a mistake.

This may not be the walk over many fans might expect. 

I expect a tight game maybe Mings to score winner late on??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, that’s the purpose of a messageboard, why do you disagree? Can you expand?

He can play as DCM and clearly has played there a number of times for us, including the first couple of games this season.  He is obviously a different type of DCM to Nakamba - CH is more of a quarterback type, controlling play, and less of a high energy, gets everywhere like Nakamba.  I think he played there for Barnsley before he came to Villa Park.  He definitely needs legs around him if he is playing there IMHO.

I just happen to think he is better offensively and playing off a front two of Wes and Davis would see him score a bucketfull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural cdm for me, that’s his best position, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was first out of the door in January 

I think that exactly the problem. He was played as a defensive midfielder and was a bit shit. Whenever he's played further forward he has delivered. For me h'es still in credit this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Finland. In 1980 that was a world away.

Have a great day.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He can play as DCM and clearly has played there a number of times for us, including the first couple of games this season.  He is obviously a different type of DCM to Nakamba - CH is more of a quarterback type, controlling play, and less of a high energy, gets everywhere like Nakamba.  I think he played there for Barnsley before he came to Villa Park.  He definitely needs legs around him if he is playing there IMHO.

I just happen to think he is better offensively and playing off a front two of Wes and Davis would see him score a bucketfull.

He's awful at DCM. 1 goal 0 assists for us I believe I checked a while back. He was LCM in a 442 for Barnsley and certainly wasn't a defensive role

SGC talking absolute rubbish again

Edited by Kiwivillan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it to the Hourihane thread!   I want to hear people's opinions on how best to spank Brighton.   Unchanged team for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Take it to the Hourihane thread!   I want to hear people's opinions on how best to spank Brighton.   Unchanged team for me.

Unchanged side. 3-1 win with Hourihane having another poor game apart from scoring 2 and assisting Grealish.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team looks really good here. Positive vibe, and a really intense scrimmage.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Trez get some minutes today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game face time.   We can win this one and i’m going for a 3-1 win here.

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a dream we lost 2-1.

Wouldn't that be typical of us, thrash Norwich then when on a high, lose at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it when I feel confident going into a game. 

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those training with the first team videos are brilliant. I always turn the volume up max so I can hear them all swearing at each other :crylaugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unchanged team for me barring injuries or fatigue. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Finland. In 1980 that was a world away.

nauti päivästä!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
Â