Match Thread: Norwich v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I’d get Jedinak back and rolling sub him for penalties

Unpopular opinion but I actually think rolling subs should be  a "thing" in Football.

Don't think there should be a limit on subs either.

Now it all depends on whether we can carry what were were doing into the second half, that is crucial with some defensive tightening and we will win.

I wonder if There manager will match us on same formation as last week's game, if so we should throw more men forward and just go for it.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think there should be a limit on subs either.

I'd like to see benches with a keeper and three subs and only two allowed in a match. It'd help even up the advantage of teams in the top four having 61 world class players in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the key for us is not trying to defend the 2-0 lead.

We need to go out and play as if it's nil-nil - I think we can win the second half if we do that. 

If we try and defend and be 'sensible' I think we'll be in trouble.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Pointing out the obvious here but next goal crucial, we score then it's wrapped up. If Norwich do then I worry the players will crumble again. 

What about if there isn't a next goal ?

We are far too loose in our marking. Need to watch for the runners, and don’t give too much space to players on the edge of our box. Better teams than Norwich won’t miss all of those shooting chances we give. El Ghazi still looks a little lazy tracking back for me.

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Anyone else waiting for Norwich to pull one back and then the panic setting in?

Yep from the moment they score it will be backs against the wall, zero attacking and an inevitable equiliser to follow. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think the key for us is not trying to defend the 2-0 lead.

We need to go out and play as if it's nil-nil - I think we can win the second half if we do that. 

If we try and defend and be 'sensible' I think we'll be in trouble.

Spot on - there are goals at both ends in this game.

Norwich have spotted a weakness with Guilbert IMO - they draw him out and then play the ball in behind. Has happened several times now.