Ratings & Reactions: Norwich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/19 at 22:59

Marvelous is the silent assassin in midfield. The guy is a sponge - anything sloppy he’s there to suck up the moisture. It could be really easy to miss him in a game, but felt like the majority of attacking plays come from him mopping up the ball and playing out a simple but purposeful pass.

Mings was behind every ball in the first half. I think we go in 2-1 or even 2-2 without him. He’s deserving of an England cap at this rate.

Defending seemed far better in the second half. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Oddly after scoring 5 I feel a bit deflated 🤣

Only got to see 2nd half but marvelous was marvelous.

Some proper strikes went on today, it's a team we have been asking for, what a difference 2 attacking defenders make.

Fitting CH into the team and having just 1 winger looked good, EG starts over trez for me. Trez just seems unfit compared to everyone else. 

JG most attacking game yet, looks far better in that position than in the centre and stayed further forwards, in fact he was often more forwards than wes.

Didn't see either wes goal, didn't look great 2nd half, no better than of late if I'm being brutal.

Mings ? Seriously, give your head a wobble, gone off the boil since his england call up.

Just hope engels is just precautionary.

DS must have heard everyones criticism about subs timings, 1 forced and 2 were timed. We are a team rather than individuals and nice to see others scoring other than McGinn.

Well done guys

Mings was immense in the first half - sounds like you missed that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Nakamba is the player we’ve needed for about 10 years.

100% When you think about it George Boateng was probably the last proper DM we had. 

Absolute steel to get this kid for around £10m.

I love how Wesley was chasing everything down even when winning 5-0. Didn't stop running all game, gets my MOTM but Marvelous and Grealish were excellent as well.. in fact they all were!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its more 4-1-4-1 now.

I think formations tend to change with the dynamics of the game.....Its static, when teams start a game , but then tend to transpose, with the ebb and flow of a game.

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

100% When you think about it George Boateng was probably the last proper DM we had. 

Absolute steel to get this kid for around £10m.

I've always thought this; that Boateng was never properly replaced.  Really good to see Nakamba growing in his role, and money well spent

Â