Ratings & Reactions: Norwich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/19 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Im not saying its perfect, but you surprise me if you say its not more solid.

Hourihane simply gives more legs than jack, who is wasted having to chase back.

Maybe - in effect we are playing a 4-4-2 (or 4-1-3-2) with Grealish dropping deeper than Trez or AEG would if they were playing, so perhaps more solid in that respect

Edited by VillaCas

Wow, just found out that stopped a record 10 game losing run away from home in this division!

Fantastic to get that monkey off our back before it was a real problem in itself!

• Like 1

Oddly after scoring 5 I feel a bit deflated 🤣

Only got to see 2nd half but marvelous was marvelous.

Some proper strikes went on today, it's a team we have been asking for, what a difference 2 attacking defenders make.

Fitting CH into the team and having just 1 winger looked good, EG starts over trez for me. Trez just seems unfit compared to everyone else. 

JG most attacking game yet, looks far better in that position than in the centre and stayed further forwards, in fact he was often more forwards than wes.

Didn't see either wes goal, didn't look great 2nd half, no better than of late if I'm being brutal.

Mings ? Seriously, give your head a wobble, gone off the boil since his england call up.

Just hope engels is just precautionary.

DS must have heard everyones criticism about subs timings, 1 forced and 2 were timed. We are a team rather than individuals and nice to see others scoring other than McGinn.

Well done guys

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Maybe - in effect we are playing a 4-4-2 (or 4-1-3-2) with Grealish dropping deeper than Trez or AEG would if they were playing, so perhaps more solid in that respect

Its more 4-1-4-1 now.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Should have had the clean sheet.

Can't understand what McGinn was trying to do with that free kick. Mings was lazy with his clearence and dropped Heaton right in the brown stuff.

Roy Keane would be going mental with the switch off in the last 5 mins

• Like 2

9 goals in the last 3 games 

we're beginning to look like the attacking force Dean Smith wants to build

we do concede far too many chances, but we have two guys at the back there who will throw their bodies at everything

great result, 5-1 away from home against anyone is impressive. Great goals they were too, pleased for Wes, Jack & Conor- Douglas' was just top drawer. Shame we didn't get the clean sheet but teams can only score off our mistakes it would seem.

Happy international break now unlike the last one. Massive game when we get back

• Like 1

Thrilled to have to think about MOTM for once. In spite of Marv's quality throughout, gotta give it to Wes just due to his reaction to last game. Stepped up his work rate enormously, started winning his battles, scored two, nearly had three, and did he assist Douglas on the fifth? Can't find a replay yet.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

No doubt about it that’s a very good scoring rate but I’m just not convinced by him

He seems as likeable guy, he’s working quite hard and putting away the (relatively straightforward) chances that are made for him

I also get that he’s young and finding his feet in a new league but I’m just not convinced that he will be the answer - I’m not writing him off, but I’m just expressing my concern

lets hope I’m wrong 

I’d be interested in others views

Its hard to say one way or the other......I think him being 22 and still learning.....The team and manager still learning, is the significant bits.

Today, will not have done him any harm at all.....and sitting on 1/2 will give him hope.

There is quite a few strikers in the past I have seen develop beyond belief after looking iffy at 22.....still young and playing in arguably the hardest position.

I am hopeful in all honesty.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â