Ratings & Reactions: Norwich v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/19 at 22:59

Very happy with today's match. And I think Nakamba is a steal of a midfielder. Great player who will be important.

Happy with el Ghazi and Wesley. Think Wesley will become a legend if we give him the time a 22 year old talented foreigner from a non britisk football culture deserves. He is already showing that he can score goals.

Also think we have a tremendous quality going forward, with Grealish, McGinn and Hourihane in addition to those already mentioned. And Luiz may become a star.

Only worry is defence. But was going to write that I was happy with Mings for the first time, and then he do something stupid. Terry should tell him to become a no nonsense player!

Just now, VillaCas said:

Excellent result - look very good going forward, a little open at the back, which I guess is the trade off

Pleased for Wesley but I remain unconvinced. Let’s hope I’m wrong

Nakamba was immaculate 

Wesley currently has a 1 in 2 goal average, how can you not be content with that???!?!?!?!???

• Like 3

We've finally got a first XI that can really play well together. Every man did his bit today and it showed with the final score. Shame Wesley never got his hat-trick but two goals today should do him the world of good.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Cant get over how much more solid we look in midfield with jack moving to the left.....

Sorry but I think we look far from solid. Much more effective going forward, but “solid”? Not really for me

• Like 1

We've been threatening to batter a team for the last couple of games and it's finally happened! Nakamba, Grealish, El Ghazi all great. Our central midfield options are absolutely ridiculous for a newly promoted team!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Sorry but I think we look far from solid. Much more effective going forward, but “solid”? Not really for me

Im not saying its perfect, but you surprise me if you say its not more solid.

Hourihane simply gives more legs and power than jack, who is wasted having to chase back.

Luiz makes a good case too.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

Thought I might be in a minority voting Nakamba MOTM - clearly not. He's been excellent.

Really pleased today, although Norwich were shocking at the back. Wesley seemed much better - fitter and using his strength more instead of staying on the ground - but he's still got a way to go. Certainly not going to complain about him today though!

Grealish looking a little better, despite a few sloppy passes early on, which have been all too common in recent games.

Douglas Luiz long shots 99.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Wesley currently has a 1 in 2 goal average, how can you not be content with that???!?!?!?!???

No doubt about it that’s a very good scoring rate but I’m just not convinced by him

He seems as likeable guy, he’s working quite hard and putting away the (relatively straightforward) chances that are made for him

I also get that he’s young and finding his feet in a new league but I’m just not convinced that he will be the answer - I’m not writing him off, but I’m just expressing my concern

lets hope I’m wrong 

I’d be interested in others views

Â