Midweek Football 30 September/3 October

andykeenan

Good result for Spurs last night. I was at work so I totally missed the game and have only just glanced at the score on an app, but a 2-1 win over Bayern will get their season back on track.

Spoiler

:trollface:😅

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe finally this bullshit that Van Dijk is somehow the greatest defender in modern times will come to an end

His "invincible" aura was always going to come to an end eventually.  He just went through a purple patch last season (defender equivalent anyway). 

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

His "invincible" aura was always going to come to an end eventually.  He just went through a purple patch last season (defender equivalent anyway). 

He is a good defender but has some flaws. If he played for City or Chelsea he be just called a very good player by the media

Malmö FF - FC Köbenhavn tonight in the Europa League is a really interesting high risk match.

Tons of rivalry, quite a bit of (bad) history and the whole kings of Scandinavia thing.

Could get ugly, but could also be a pretty fun game to watch for any neutrals.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How much history could it be, we have players in our squad older than FC Copenhagen 

History doesn't need to be ancient.

There was a huge scandal in Copenhagen back in 2005 where Danish police went ham on MFF supporters in the stands.

After that there have been fans clashes a couple of times, most recently back in 2017.

Before that fans from Djurgården was equally badly treated by Danish police back in 2002.

It's a very high risk game by almost any standards.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I have long suspected they're blowing smoke up his backside just so they can then document in great detail every error he makes. Its some classic trolling.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Erling Braut Håland has just scored for RB Salzburg vs Liverpool. His first touch of ball since coming on as sub 3-3 now.

Just the 18 goals in 11 games for him this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I have long suspected they're blowing smoke up his backside just so they can then document in great detail every error he makes. Its some classic trolling.

That may be the case if he played for someone like us, but they’d never do that to Liverpool (everyone’s second team :bang:)

Â