Pre match thread

roonst83

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Trez got a fitness issue. Always looks completely knackered after 60 minutes.

He works ridiculously hard. In fact would be fun to have numbers so we could compare El Ghazi and Trez in terms of ground covered. 

11 minutes ago, supermon said:

Gutless from Dean not dropping Wesley

Inclined to agree. I wouldn't call it gutless mind, but it sends poor signals to Davis and the squad when you can play that shit and automatically retain your place. 

Wesley must be a "Smith" signing.

Can't see another reason to why he is so stubborn with him. Dropping him doesn't mean he is a flop Smith.

And yes i agree it does send out poor signals to the rest of the group. When some get's dropped from poor performances while others don't.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wesley must be a "Smith" signing.

Can't see another reason to why he is so stubborn with him. Dropping him doesn't mean he is a flop Smith.

And yes i agree it does send out poor signals to the rest of the group. When some get's dropped from poor performances while others don't.

Disagree. 

No point in simply dropping him after his first bit of bad form and risk demotivating him, considering hes our first choice.

Admit he did not show up last week but Smith has given him a kick up the ass by saying his place is under pressure...its over to Wes now!

Would have liked to see Luiz come in for Hourihane as he probably influences general play more while Conor is the more dangerous off the bench, but otherwise can't really complain about going with the same team considering how well they did in the first half last week. It's just a matter of putting it together over the full 90 which we've struggled to do so far regardless of the starting XI.

We've got to take some points over the next couple of games and really couldn't have asked for a better opportunity against Norwich than we've been presented with here. No pressure lads...

Edited by Indigo

Just now, jacketspuds said:

This. Should be playing 25-goal a season Keinan Davis up there instead.

We’d score more as a team with him in. We’d concede less and not throw away leads so often because he can hold onto the ball and relieve pressure.

But yeh. 

DaViS DoEsnT sCorE GoAls

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

This. Should be playing 25-goal a season Keinan Davis up there instead.

Davies will not have the chance to get 25 or even 5 if he doesn't get time on the pitch. I would love to see them have 45 mins each 

• Like 1