Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
roonst83

Pre match thread

Recommended Posts

I reckon we can win this one--but need to stop making the silly errors that have been so costly---and to step up on the basics----clear the stand if its necessary,

---just hope we dont go into a 2-1 lead and that Norwich dont get a player sent off,

Come On You Lions,

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was uncharacteristically positive about our chances of getting into the play-offs back in February post-Stoke (honest...it's all on record!) and feel the same today.

I think we'll get the long overdue win we deserve and will back it up with 3 points against Brighton. That will leave us in a more comfortable and relaxed position against Liverpool and City. It feels like one of them, if not both, is due to drop points soon and I fancy us to get something from one of them. So there you go, that's my 4 game prognosis (not that anybody asked for it).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                        Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

      McGinn - Nakamba - Luiz

           Trez - Wesley - Grealish

 

Would like to see this today. Trezeguet or El Ghazi was a tough one for me but went for Trez as we could do with his non stop work rate in a game like this. Would also like Luiz to get a chance in the midfield with Grealish in the same role as last week. 

We absolutely have to win one of these 2 upcoming games, hopefully today is the day. 2-1 Villa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wary of teams that are injury ravaged.Whenever we play these teams we seem to lose and the new players play out of their skin.

Its a bit like going down to 10 men ,it puts pressure on us and we are expected to win.For some reason our players don’t react well to this type of pressure.

Lets not forget Norwich lost only 6 games last season and won the league.We finished 5th.Any talk of an easy win is misguided.

We are playing very well in patches but unable to finish off teams.Maybe time for Nakamba and Luiz to play together ,I see Luiz as a more offensive player anyway rather than a DM.

1-1 late equaliser from us for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

I am wary of teams that are injury ravaged.Whenever we play these teams we seem to lose and the new players play out of their skin.

Its a bit like going down to 10 men ,it puts pressure on us and we are expected to win.For some reason our players don’t react well to this type of pressure.

Lets not forget Norwich lost only 6 games last season and won the league.We finished 5th.Any talk of an easy win is misguided.

We are playing very well in patches but unable to finish off teams.Maybe time for Nakamba and Luiz to play together ,I see Luiz as a more offensive player anyway rather than a DM.

1-1 late equaliser from us for a change.

This is true but we are a completely different team from the one that finished 5th last season. We've upgraded both our full backs, our goalkeeper, our defensive midfield area, our central defence (think Engels is better than Tuanzebe at this moment), and our wingers. I also think we underachieved somewhat last season, with Grealish missing three months and Tuanzebe our for several months too, and early on under Bruce we were dire. Our end of season form would have won us the league. 

 

Add to this fact that Norwich are arguably weaker right now than the team that won the Championship, with a third choice keeper likely to play and their central defence and midfield missing first team players. Whereas we are pretty much injury free by the looks of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, romavillan said:

Away from home that actually looks awesome, might leave Wesley a bit isolated but McGinn has the legs to link it up, I'd give Grealish free reign to go where he wants and tell Nakamba to help out Taylor when Grealish is awol on that side. I'd keep the three trequartistas narrow too. Would help us play out a game with a 5 tight in midfield knocking it about.

Yeah, I think it's our strongest team on paper. I think Luiz could play more of a playmaker role from deep with Nakamba doing more of the dirty work. McGinn as a number 10 is a bit different but he's been our biggest threat so far and has the legs to get back when needed. I prefer Grealish central but it means he can cut inside and Targett can get behind him to put in crosses. It was tough choosing between Trezeguet and El Ghazi as El Ghazi has already notched two goals, but I just feel Trezeguet has that extra yard of pace and that assist against Burnley might give him the confidence he needs. He just needs a goal to get going. 

 

If the game management is right today we have enough quality to win, Norwich will try to play football and have some good players of their own, but there will be gaps in behind them. Really hope we have our shooting boots on today and can secure a much needed three points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norwich will be up for this. They are strong at home and we haven't got a point away from home yet.....

... but that changes today. 1-1, McGinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a dreadful recent record at Carrow Road, Norwich have been all over the place performance wise this season so far, we've sputtered all season, Norwich have injuries across the park...

Score draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chindie said:

We have a dreadful recent record at Carrow Road, Norwich have been all over the place performance wise this season so far, we've sputtered all season, Norwich have injuries across the park...

Score draw.

Recent form there not so good agreed  BUT Long time ago granted my 4:1 bet came in here during a cup game @82/1. I am already counting the pennies and promise not to bottle it by cashing in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomaszk said:

It's the same team as last week.

Targett and Wes start.

Pity was hoping Luiz in place of hourihane.

Same subs also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Recent form there not so good agreed  BUT Long time ago granted my 4:1 bet came in here during a cup game @82/1. I am already counting the pennies and promise not to bottle it by cashing in 

There's not a chance in hell we're winning this 4-1.

It'll be a score draw. If there is a winner it'll be the odd goal in 3.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's not a chance in hell we're winning this 4-1.

It'll be a score draw. If there is a winner it'll be the odd goal in 3.

Not now with Wes starting, But I have got 50/1 

Edited by Robtaylor200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's not a chance in hell we're winning this 4-1.

It'll be a score draw. If there is a winner it'll be the odd goal in 3.

Watch us win 4-1 now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Watch us win 4-1 now 

I'd be delighted of course, but you'd get shorter odds on me shitting bars of gold in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

 

Bleh.

No trez or Luiz in the first 11.

Taylor still on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â