Pre match thread

roonst83

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 20:48, VillaFaninLondon said:

Would go exactly the same team except I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Nakamba and Luiz both holding and McGinn playing off Wesley but dropping back to defend when we don't have the ball.

....................................Heaton....................................

Guilbert............Engels.............Mings............Targett

........................Luiz...............Nakamba......................

Trezeguet....................SJM..........................Grealish

..................................Wesley......................................

Me too. Wonder if it's worth considering chucking this team out there and telling Nakamba to stay on Pukki all match. Neutralise Pukki and you neutralise a lot of their threat. 

• Like 2

I reckon the team will be the same as started against Burnley maybe Conor gets dropped for Luiz not sure though. I wouldn't be disappointed if the same team started, I just want to see tired/not performing players getting subbed much earlier. If big Wes has another shocker he needs to come off at half time!

Edited by zab6359

49 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Our defense is far from woeful!! 

Yet we are the team that's conceded most shots on target.

Just recently we've conceded 5 goals in the past 2 games.

Edited by villalad21

Our defence right now is not great. We all love Mings, and Engels has looked good, but they are both making several mistakes each match. I'm not totally convinced by Guilbert yet. I think Targett will come good, but needs to stay free of injuries. Taylor is not good enough, although I do think he is something of a scapegoat. 

22 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Our defence right now is not great. We all love Mings, and Engels has looked good, but they are both making several mistakes each match. I'm not totally convinced by Guilbert yet. I think Targett will come good, but needs to stay free of injuries. Taylor is not good enough, although I do think he is something of a scapegoat. 

Taylor is the number one scapegoat.

I know this may come across as a shock to most people on here but Taylor isn't the reason we are bottom 3.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 21:48, VillaFaninLondon said:

Would go exactly the same team except I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Nakamba and Luiz both holding and McGinn playing off Wesley but dropping back to defend when we don't have the ball.

....................................Heaton....................................

Guilbert............Engels.............Mings............Targett

........................Luiz...............Nakamba......................

Trezeguet....................SJM..........................Grealish

..................................Wesley......................................

Away from home that actually looks awesome, might leave Wesley a bit isolated but McGinn has the legs to link it up, I'd give Grealish free reign to go where he wants and tell Nakamba to help out Taylor when Grealish is awol on that side. I'd keep the three trequartistas narrow too. Would help us play out a game with a 5 tight in midfield knocking it about.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Yet we are the team that's conceded most shots on target.

Just recently we've conceded 5 goals in the past 2 games.

And in the 3 Prem games before the last 2 we allowed a total of 1 goal.  Our defense is more than adequate to maintain our Premier League status.

53 minutes ago, jim said:

Given Norwich’s injuries, no excuses not to get something out of this one. 

Who is out for them? Edit- on bbc football website it says that they’re down to their third choice keeper who is actually still decent, Michael McGovern, he’s a Northern Irish international. Grant Hanley is also out who is a decent centre back, it also says they have 9 players out injured so we should have a chance of victory 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who is out for them?

9 first team players allegedly, including both the regular keepers.   Mainly defenders out them I think?  Cantwell is a slight doubt and would be the biggest miss, but expect him to make it to be honest.  

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

And in the 3 Prem games before the last 2 we allowed a total of 1 goal.  Our defense is more than adequate to maintain our Premier League status.

So it should be considering all of the money we’ve spent on it

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

9 first team players allegedly, including both the regular keepers.   Mainly defenders out them I think?  Cantwell is a slight doubt and would be the biggest miss, but expect him to make it to be honest.  

I hope Cantwell is out, I think he’s excellent, I think he’ll make it too