Pre match thread

roonst83

With the news today that Targett and Kodj are available, we pretty much have a fully fit squad to pick from.   *Not sure on a couple of positions here, but great problem for Smith to have.  With my selection below, we also have Elmo, Hause, Lansbury and Jota missing out on the 18 man squad.

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

Nakamba

Luiz - McGinn

*Trez/El G        -          Grealish

*Wesley/Davis

Bench: Steer, Konsa, Taylor, Hourihane, Trez or El G, then two from Wes/Davis and Kodj

Edited by ferguson1

Wesley or Weskey as I call him due to his similar style to Heskey , bully players off the ball and get knocked over when on the ball by centre backs he should be knocking down like skittles

I know we do not want to knock the lads confidences as @JAMAICAN-VILLAN stated in the Burnley thread and I fully understand this 

BUT   There has to be a time when enough is enough. IMO we are playing with ten men at the moment. We need to play Davies and boost HIS confidence by being picked. Play Wes in the seconds for a couple of games and a chat with Peter Withe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Let's replicate that 4-2 win where a fresh Keinan Davis making his full debut and Conor Hourihane absolutely ran riot at VP (where we seem to have their number).

Hourihane was basically playing false 9 that game from memory

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Let's replicate that 4-2 win where a fresh Keinan Davis making his full debut and Conor Hourihane absolutely ran riot at VP (where we seem to have their number).

Ahhh I remember that day well! Party because of the win but mainly because I got the shit kicked outta me by 3 lads in a pub on the evening! Good times 

Anyway I think this will be a draw or a loss. Can't see us getting a win

22 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

With the news today that Targett and Kodj are available, we pretty much have a fully fit squad to pick from.

Great, Now Davis & Kodj can flip a coin to see which one of them gets to come on in the 89th minute this week

Edited by LakotaDakota

My side would be: 

Heaton 

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett (if not Taylor)

McGinn Nakamba Douglas Luiz

Trezeguet Wesley Grealish

Subs: Steer, Elmohamady, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Davis

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side would be: 

Heaton 

Would go exactly the same team except I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Nakamba and Luiz both holding and McGinn playing off Wesley but dropping back to defend when we don't have the ball.

....................................Heaton....................................

Guilbert............Engels.............Mings............Targett

........................Luiz...............Nakamba......................

Trezeguet....................SJM..........................Grealish

..................................Wesley......................................

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Would go exactly the same team except I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Nakamba and Luiz both holding and McGinn playing off Wesley but dropping back to defend when we don't have the ball.

....................................Heaton....................................

Guilbert............Engels.............Mings............Targett

........................Luiz...............Nakamba......................

Trezeguet....................SJM..........................Grealish

..................................Wesley......................................

I think that would be better, I don’t know if McGinn would be that effective playing as a number 10 but I think it’s worth a try

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We need to start collecting some bloody points away from home. So far we lost every away league game. (Although robbed at palace)

In fairness we've only played three and two of them were against Tottenham and Arsenal.

• Like 1

We've won only one game in seven, if we fail to win on Saturday that will be one win in eight, and will put a lot of pressure on the Brighton game because if we don't win that either, then with Man City and Liverpool coming up that will most probably turn to one win in ten. Three points are vital, especially since Norwich have an injury crisis.

On 02/10/2019 at 17:26, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side would be: 

Heaton 

This would be my pick also, I would prob choose different subs but 100% agree with the first 11.

Edited by MaVilla