League Cup 4th Round Draw

Kingman

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their fixtures around our tie: 

Thu Oct 24 Bratislava (a)

Sun Oct 27 Newcastle (a)

Wed Oct 30 Villa (a)

Sat Nov 2 Arsenal (a)

They'll either be knackered, or heavily rotating. This is where our big squad comes in handy. We have a great chance to go through.

They should focus on the Europa League & the Premier League... ;)

Vallejo, Bennett, Doherty, Neves, Vinagre, Neto, Cutrone, Gibbs-White, and Jordão all started for Wolves last night, all of them will get plenty of game time this season, so whilst they played a few unknowns I don't think they played that much of weaker team than we did, in fact looking at those players they paid around £60m for them, and if they were to sell them now they'd get well in excess of that for Neves and Vinagre alone, would probably be looking at a big fee for Doherty as well. Also have to allow for the fact that we were away to premier league side, whilst they were at home to a championship side, so they had more license to rest players.

Edited by useless

It's a terrible draw for Wolves - they'd have either liked a Man City so that they could play their kids and be comfortable in losing, or a Colchester, so they could be play their kids and have a chance of winning - what they didn't want is a game that their fans will care about, bang in the middle of a run of games that are exhausting their squad having made a slightly bumpy start in the league - we are the last team they wanted to draw. I think they'll have to go reasonably strong and I think if could hurt them and their season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a terrible draw for Wolves - they'd have either liked a Man City so that they could play their kids and be comfortable in losing, or a Colchester, so they could be play their kids and have a chance of winning - what they didn't want is a game that their fans will care about, bang in the middle of a run of games that are exhausting their squad having made a slightly bumpy start in the league - we are the last team they wanted to draw. I think they'll have to go reasonably strong and I think if could hurt them and their season. 

Fully agree with this, it's a nightmare draw for them at the worst possible time.

They really don't have the squad to handle all of the games they have incoming and surely can't just chuck out a team of nobody's to play against one of their local rivals, especially in what looks like becoming a potentially winnable competition, their poor start means they can't afford to rest players in the league, and I don't think they can rest players in Europe after waiting so long for it, losing their first game of the group stage hasn't helped them any either. 

Nuno's got some tough decisions heading his way by the looks...

• Like 1