Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

While Hourihane probably deserves a chance on Saturday, I'm not sure where he fits in. 

Won't be playing DM since we have Nakamba and he just isn't going to replace Jack or McGinn in one of the CM positions. Smith quite clearly isn't going to push Jack wide to fit Conor in either. Tricky one. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

While Hourihane probably deserves a chance on Saturday, I'm not sure where he fits in. 

Won't be playing DM since we have Nakamba and he just isn't going to replace Jack or McGinn in one of the CM positions. Smith quite clearly isn't going to push Jack wide to fit Conor in either. Tricky one. 

I could see him going wide left if anywhere

12 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Brighton manager must surely have the easiest ht  team talk ever. "Right lads, One of you go out there and get yourself sent off and we'll be right back in it"

Damn...came on to post similar! 😂

Hourihane has the problem that he just ain't as good as Grealish or McGinn in general play. His knack for scoring is outrageous, but disappears when the going gets tough.

Although Burnley are rough and tumble, he's up against Ashley Westwood and Jack Cork in CM so he starts on Saturday for me. Grealish out to LW.

No chance , why ? Surely we don’t want to be a one man team it’s a squad game. Get a goal or two up Burnley have to attack bring Jack on to finish it off. Why have him getting kicked from the start 

Edited by smg
Develop the point

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hourihane has the problem that he just ain't as good as Grealish or McGinn in general play. His knack for scoring is outrageous, but disappears when the going gets tough.

Although Burnley are rough and tumble, he's up against Ashley Westwood and Jack Cork in CM so he starts on Saturday for me. Grealish out to LW.

Push Grealish to the wing on a 'free float' role and play Hourihane in CM with McGinn. 

Just now, smg said:

No chance , why ? Surely we don’t want to be a one man team it’s a squad game

Because he’s club captain. For the first hr on Sunday he ran the arsenal midfield ragged. He got a brilliant assist. He makes the most passes outside our centre backs. He creates the most chances for our team. He has the most key passes. 

Hourihane does not start ahead of Jack, irrelevant of scoring tonight. 

• Like 4