Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

#AllStatueLivesMatter It’s not just statues, I as a man who identifies as a man and am a man won’t go out either after dark either. It’s not just statues who are at risk. Maybe the statues shouldn’t be sculpted so suggestively. Only an idiot statue wears headphones at night. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Could clapping for the NHS have been designated as an action likely to cause great annoyance under this legislation?

Possibly but the word removed that lives at the back of mine and regularly can't play the Bagpipes definitely does. I shall be reporting his dirty protest

• Haha 1

I used to be a big supporter of the Police and while I’m sure there are a lot of good ones I’m starting to wonder if the bad outweigh them. I’ve never needed the police much in my whole life until recently and when I’ve needed WMP or my partner has needed them in the last 4 years they have been absolutely awful. Disinterested, unhelpful, rude and condescending.

Edited by Ingram85

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Criminalising protests has worked a treat.

There's loads of these on Twitter. I can't believe what I'm watching. It's really sickening.

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

There's loads of these on Twitter. I can't believe what I'm watching. It's really sickening.

I can believe what I am watching sadly. There has always been a decent proportion within the police more than happy to carry out the Tories dirty work. I am sure some of them can't wait until the legislation changes and you won't be able to say boo at a protest/demonstration with out being arrested or smashed in the face by a Police officer. In fact some of them haven't waited. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

And then, on the back of overly aggressive policing of demonstrations against increased police power to prevent demonstration we have a right wing press who headline it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-56548750

Kill the Bill: Violent protest 'disgraceful', says prime minister

Followed by a story that backs that narrative up completely, with testimony from people as diverse as Boris Johnson and erm...Priti Patel, and Joe Daily Mail goes about his business thinking about the nasty violent mob endangering the lives of our boys on the thin blue line.

I can't remember the country being this far split before in my lifetime.

• Like 3

Â