Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No doubt worse in London, and maybe I’m naive or just haven’t yet been affected but I just don’t live with this fear.

I accept it could happen, any time because there are psychopaths out there but I don’t allow it to govern my choices and I certainly don’t live in fear of it.

Id love to have that mentality mate. But the likely hood of having that mentality in london is likely you will have  a crime commited against you. 

Dont ever move here !

3 hours ago, tinker said:

This all over, it's peoples perception of the danger on the streets that surrenders the streets. Yes crime exists but its a rare event, don't surrender to fear. I don't, I ride my bike home from work after 12am most nights and through a roughish estate. Done it for 10 years. 

What area do you live in ?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id love to have that mentality mate. But the likely hood of having that mentality in london is likely you will have  a crime commited against you. 

Statistically London isn't in the top 5 places with the highest rates of violent crime in England. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

True enough, but it's safer than Birmingham! 

(and much safer than Manchester apparently).

Is it safer than brum? Not sure about that.

Manchester i would agree with though

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is it safer than brum? Not sure about that.

Manchester i would agree with though

It's also safer than Cleveland and West Yorkshire (which are the worst two areas of the country in the latest league tables)

• Like 1

A couple of years back, I was killing some time wandering the back streets around Hoxton. Ended up wandering through a housing estate, about 11:30 / midnight. When somebody up on a balcony started shouting ‘undercover cop, there’s an undercover cop’ and pointing at me.

I left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

True enough, but it's safer than Birmingham! 

(and much safer than Manchester apparently).

I've never seen any trouble in Manchester, and worked there for years with numerous nights out and late journeys home. Like any big city there are areas you probably wouldn't want to walk through at night, but unless you live in those areas, why would you anyway?

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

I've never seen any trouble in Manchester, and worked there for years with numerous nights out and late journeys home. Like any big city there are areas you probably wouldn't want to walk through at night, but unless you live in those areas, why would you anyway?

Yep, I'm sure Merseyside is somewhere on that list near the top and I work into the night and through to the early morning and pretty have done for over 20 years in an industry that is pretty much at the top of the tree for violent crime to happen to and really never had much bother

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What area do you live in ?

I live in Smiths Wood and ride through the Bromford  and Castle Vale. 

My comment earlier was seen from my point of view, as a man, I take nothing away from women who have a completely  different experience  of life and  what's normal to them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Cheer up folks.

We’ve got the money for 60 extra nukes.

If that doesn’t make you feel safer I don’t know what will.

£10bn. How much would that too-expensive payrise for nurses be again?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Cheer up folks.

We’ve got the money for 60 extra nukes.

If that doesn’t make you feel safer I don’t know what will.

It better not be coming out of the extra £350m a week the NHS are getting 😡

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It better not be coming out of the extra £350m a week the NHS are getting 😡

It's easy to be flippant, but what you have to consider is that currently we only have 4% of the amount of nukes that Russia has, and this £10bn that we've shaken out of the magic money tree is going to take that to a whopping 5.6%. We'll see how brave those ruski bastards are when they taste some cold British uranium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â