Pre-Match The Villa v's VAR

Kingman

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

My money is on Grealish dragged down in the penalty area on a corner but no penalty.

To add to the usual 15 fouls on Grealish by the same player in the first half not even getting a yellow....

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

To add to the usual 15 fouls on Grealish by the same player in the first half not even getting a yellow....

Yep, that’s standard. I thought the ref against arsenal was actually one of the best we’ve had so far... and he was still a bit ropey.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yep, that’s standard. I thought the ref against arsenal was actually one of the best we’ve had so far... and he was still a bit ropey.

I convinced myself watching us in the Championship that it was a Championship refereeing thing. Whilst he does get better protection in terms of some of the straight up "weakeners" he used to get, I thought continued repeated fouls add up to a yellow a lot quicker, doesn't seem to apply with Jack! 

In general I don't think VAR helps the on field ref to be honest, gives them more to worry about, even down to when to blow the whistle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I convinced myself watching us in the Championship that it was a Championship refereeing thing. Whilst he does get better protection in terms of some of the straight up "weakeners" he used to get, I thought continued repeated fouls add up to a yellow a lot quicker, doesn't seem to apply with Jack! 

In general I don't think VAR helps the on field ref to be honest, gives them more to worry about, even down to when to blow the whistle.

The danger he has and its a fine dividing line, is that when he claims a foul and probably rightfully so.....they see it as diving or forcing them in to a decision, they have not yet made....bit of "jobs worth" at work.

Collini allegedly once reacted to a player moaning about a decision not given and he said "well go down an help me".......its clear Referee's have different views or interpretations on that.

If you get genuinely fouled but manage to stay on your feet, you get nothing......Is it any wonder, players have found a way to protect THEMSELVES........"Necessity is the mother of invention", as they say.

Jack needs to find the solution that works for him.......and us.

This is must win today for SMith. The money's been spent, you can't keep cursing refs forever or you'll end up like neil warnock. wrinkly and bitter.

the solution is assume you're gonna get jack all from the ref and do it all ourselves. legit., make sure the balls over the line put your foot through it!

If you feel contact in the box go down and scream like youre at a micheal barrymoore pool party. be convincing.

It's never been more crucial to get 3 points. We strong at Villa Park so I feel we can do the business today regardless of smiths tinkering.

However  for me Conner MUST start!

Matt Lowton at the back? El Gazi should be creaming his trolleys right about now. The WORST FIULL  back since nigel reo coker.

Ashley west wood in the midfield? The worst midfielder since joey gudjonson!     McGinn and grealish should be dancing in the dressing room right about now.

Phil bardelsy? these guys are the biggest skidmarks in the prem.

and must be beaten today

Edited by screwdriver
accidently hit save before I had finished
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t wait for the latest instalment of how the great and mighty VAR screws us over.

It will be a penalty against us as the ball brushes against the back of Mings hand on it's way through from a corner. 

The penalty to awarded after Heaton has quickly thrown the ball out to start an exciting attack after zero penalty calls from anyone on the pitch or in the ground. 

• Like 1