New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

On 06/12/2019 at 12:39, MarkLillis said:

A forward is a must. We cant carry on relying on Wes.

It is vital we have someone who can hold the ball up even just for 5 months.

The ball needs to stick up there for a while so either teach the Brazilian to control the ball(cant believe I just said that, feel free to disagree though!)  or buy a man who can.

errrr.....No....I don't disagree.

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He's worth a gamble, surely? How much though £20m?

I get the feeling that Hull will try and get 25 for him. Always a big demand for a prolific goalscorer ... the question is can he do it at the Premier League level . 

18 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I get the feeling that Hull will try and get 25 for him. Always a big demand for a prolific goalscorer ... the question is can he do it at the Premier League level . 

Doesn't his contract run out this summer or am I making that up?

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I think so. Particularly if we're only winning games against the bottom half

The club needs to expect inflated prices in Jan as other clubs know the mess we have got ourselves in. 

We went into the season needing another striker and winger (we all said it), so now the club needs to stick or twist. 

Personally, I think we’d survive without adding another winger but not getting a striker in January would be a disaster. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Either Benrahma or Bowen would be good in Jan. But, as other have said, we need a goalscorer in the next window otherwise we are in trouble.

Even someone to play off Wesley at times would be useful. Still gutted we didn't get Maupay.

Both are needed really, Bowen to push Wes for a place and Benrahma to play up front release Jack back to midfield.

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Nah willing to bet my left ball he's at Chelsea by the end of Jan!!

I just think that we need to go out and spend and bring in someone who can score. You can't get this wrong come January and someone like Zaha brings alot to the team. While we are wasting 20 mills on hopefuls and might be's why don't we just go out and pay the extra to secure a fantastic forward who is what we need.

We screw this up and were done it's that simple and I think going after strikers who've yet to have experience in the premier is a mistake. We've tried and tested on a 20 mill striker in Wesley and it failed, I feel were after someone who has that expertise down already and in this position we can't cheap skate it any longer, those in charge of scouting have to see this. We try to bring someone in  because he's been running the yard on goals in the Championship, Belgium, La Liga and so on, were pretty much going to regret it yet again. We have to buy someone who's setting the world on fire in this sport and that's going to cost because they will be a first teamer and there selling is going to bring bidding wars.

If it's two positions I don't think you can play about with its striker and winger, your firing line needs to be the business. Let's not waste the money any longer that was invested and buy exactly what we need at Villa, Strikers arnt cheap and if they are there's usually something not right.

33 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I just think that we need to go out and spend and bring in someone who can score. You can't get this wrong come January and someone like Zaha brings alot to the team. While we are wasting 20 mills on hopefuls and might be's why don't we just go out and pay the extra to secure a fantastic forward who is what we need.

We screw this up and were done it's that simple and I think going after strikers who've yet to have experience in the premier is a mistake. We've tried and tested on a 20 mill striker in Wesley and it failed, I feel were after someone who has that expertise down already and in this position we can't cheap skate it any longer, those in charge of scouting have to see this. We try to bring someone in  because he's been running the yard on goals in the Championship, Belgium, La Liga and so on, were pretty much going to regret it yet again. We have to buy someone who's setting the world on fire in this sport and that's going to cost because they will be a first teamer and there selling is going to bring bidding wars.

If it's two positions I don't think you can play about with its striker and winger, your firing line needs to be the business. Let's not waste the money any longer that was invested and buy exactly what we need at Villa, Strikers arnt cheap and if they are there's usually something not right.

But Zaha isn't an out and out goal scorer, he'll go to a top club it will probably be his last big move no way he will become a Villa player we can't pay those sort of wages (yet). He's on 130k a week at CP and will be looking at close on 200k a week from his next move, bear in mind our top paid player is on 40k a week!!

We have a decent chance of of staying up even if we don't sign anyone, but to guarantee it we need to spend some money in January, for me January will really show the owners intent, if no money is spent I have a feeling we will be a mid table PL in the long term

Edited by zab6359