New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not like he doesn't have some qualities, but the idea that he has good hold up play is just wrong. 

He has the technical ability to develop it. His touch is eons ahead of Davis, but for a man his size he looks so weak. I've seen players half his size do that part of football better than him. 

If you remember Carew players bounced off him when he played with his back against the goal. This is close to what Wesley needs to do. 

Big difference on those players.

Carew loved a good fight whereas Wesley falls over after the slightest touch. Embarrassing really, he needs to sort it out of his game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I am not a Wesley lover, but if I was to defend him the hold up play would be the major argument for me. It's probably what he does best.

If he can't win aerial duels against Fernandinho how is his hold up play good?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he can't win aerial duels against Fernandinho how is his hold up play good?

Fernardinho is small but he is still an anchor of the best midfield in world football and a brazil international.

I'd judge Wesley on how he copes with declan Rice or dale stephens - and I felt he does well. 

• Like 1

Anyone following Romanian football?

A few English clubs linked with Florian Coman, dubbed the Romanian M'bappé :D 

If the name is familiar he scored twice against England in the U21 championships 

21 y.o plays on the flank or in center of attack and has 6 goals and 5 assists in 11 games for Steaua Bucharest this season

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

😂😂😂

No. 

Watch the build up to the El Ghazi goal vs. Everton - excellent hold-up play by Wesley. I appreciate his hold-up play can be poor at times, but he definitely has it in his locker.

Anyway, I'm glad I made you laugh.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Only the top four and Tottenham have scored more goals than us, on the other hand only the bottom three have conceded more goals.

We are also 4th in shots on target and 5th in big chances created according to the stats on premier league.com 

On the other side we are 1st in number of blocks and 5th in clearances 

Stats are stats thou and I still feel we need a new attacking player to come in, be it a different type of striker or an upgrade on our wide player, or both

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Watch the build up to the El Ghazi goal vs. Everton - excellent hold-up play by Wesley. I appreciate his hold-up play can be poor at times, but he definitely has it in his locker.

Anyway, I'm glad I made you laugh.

Because you do something well once doesn't mean you're remotely good at it. 

He might get good at it, but right now he isn't. 

Sorry about the smileys. Should have explained my position. 

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 19:53, Philosopher said:

I like him too, he would cost more than that though.

He would be an excellent signing, he wouldn't cost 10 mil. QPR have some financial problems and if they don't get promoted they are pretty f******* 

However there is a lot of interest in him, not sure we have the pulling power just yet unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I am not a Wesley lover, but if I was to defend him the hold up play would be the major argument for me. It's probably what he does best.

Really? I'm pretty much still undecided on him and that's something I don't see him doing. I like his goal scoring but he'll go down like an 8yr old under pressure...........no hold up play leading to killer passes for others to have an attempt on goal!  

15 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not like he doesn't have some qualities, but the idea that he has good hold up play is just wrong. 

He has the technical ability to develop it. His touch is eons ahead of Davis, but for a man his size he looks so weak. I've seen players half his size do that part of football better than him. 

If you remember Carew players bounced off him when he played with his back against the goal. This is close to what Wesley needs to do. 

Thats more about application....but you are not wrong.

I hoping its about settling in, but he looks tentative at times....need more aggression.

If we sell Kodjia in Jan which I am all for, and replace him with a wide forward that can also play up front and have approx £20m to spend which of the below would you go for?

Ollie Watkins - Brentford man in red hot form. Playing more as a striker than a wide forward currently. Interest from Sheff Utd. 

Demarai Gray - playing limited minutes for Leicester. Used to play for the Blues. Very quick and skillful. End product struggles sometimes. Still young enough to improve with the right coaching 

Gerard Deleufeu - not playing much at Watford and may want out if they are still bottom at xmas. Very skilful and can be a match winner. Comfortable in any front 3 position

Jared Bowen - contract expires in the summer. Plays up front or inside right. Storming the championship. Left footed. Interest from Newcaslte and Sputhanpton. 

Said Benrahma - more of a wide playmaker similar to Jack  than inside forward or a striker. Very talented and skilful. 

Nathan Redmond - Would jump at the move I imagine. May not be available for 20m. Can play all across the front 3 and proven in the prem

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

If we sell Kodjia in Jan which I am all for, and replace him with a wide forward that can also play up front and have approx £20m to spend which of the below would you go for?

Ollie Watkins - Brentford man in red hot form. Playing more as a striker than a wide forward currently. Interest from Sheff Utd. 

Demarai Gray - playing limited minutes for Leicester. Used to play for the Blues. Very quick and skillful. End product struggles sometimes. Still young enough to improve with the right coaching 

Gerard Deleufeu - not playing much at Watford and may want out if they are still bottom at xmas. Very skilful and can be a match winner. Comfortable in any front 3 position

Jared Bowen - contract expires in the summer. Plays up front or inside right. Storming the championship. Left footed. Interest from Newcaslte and Sputhanpton. 

Said Benrahma - more of a wide playmaker similar to Jack  than inside forward or a striker. Very talented and skilful. 

Nathan Redmond - Would jump at the move I imagine. May not be available for 20m. Can play all across the front 3 and proven in the prem

None of those feels particularly inspirational but probably sums up what 20m gets you. I think it needs to be a player who can play across the front 3. Someone who improves on trez and algazi but also is an option when wes is not firing.