Pre -Match Thread

maqroll

It's time Villa took a big scalp. It doesn't matter if its backs to the wall for 89 minutes as long as we come away with 3 points.

I'd like to think this new era of Villa will go to arsenal with no fear and play some champagne football and get a 2-0.

This is possible because

1) arsenal have been playing in europe on thurs so that should have an effect.

3) arsenal have this reputation of being bottle jobs for certain games.

d)Villa have been talking all season with determination and it's only the rub of the green that done us over..... against spurs/ palace / bournmouth and we're in a false position one win will galvanise us and we will gel.

4) some fans are saying we have a decent record at the emirates. I can't say if it's true or not I can only remember we scored the first goal there and o'neils team won 2-0 up there.

z) gash prem teams like norwich and newcastle have both taken big scalps so far this season. Why can't villa take one?

I genuninly thought we could go to spurs and get something but today I'm trying my best to be optimistic however I can see us getting an arse kicking.

ozil always turns it on against Villa. and david luiz always looks solid against us.  Do we try and go toe to toe or do we try and hold and play on the counter? If you try and soak for 89mins we need conner on the pitch in case we get a set piece.

Houihane MUST start.....Jota MUST NOT!!!!

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

Just seen the team. dissappiinted for conner houihane but it's quite an attacking team. trezouget owes the fans a performance.

I would 100 % have Conor in as well. El Ghazi has been very poor, Jack should play LW

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It's time Villa took a big scalp. It doesn't matter if its backs to the wall for 89 minutes as long as we come away with 3 points.

I'd like to think this new era of Villa will go to arsenal with no fear and play some champagne football and get a 2-0.

This is possible because

1) arsenal have been playing in europe on thurs so that should have an effect.

3) arsenal have this reputation of being bottle jobs for certain games.

d)Villa have been talking all season with determination and it's only the rub of the green that done us over..... against spurs/ palace / bournmouth and we're in a false position one win will galvanise us and we will gel.

4) some fans are saying we have a decent record at the emirates. I can't say if it's true or not I can only remember we scored the first goal there and o'neils team won 2-0 up there.

z) gash prem teams like norwich and newcastle have both taken big scalps so far this season. Why can't villa take one?

I genuninly thought we could go to spurs and get something but today I'm trying my best to be optimistic however I can see us getting an arse kicking.

ozil always turns it on against Villa. and david luiz always looks solid against us.  Do we try and go toe to toe or do we try and hold and play on the counter? If you try and soak for 89mins we need conner on the pitch in case we get a set piece.

Houihane MUST start.....Jota MUST NOT!!!!

the problem is, its all well and good saying we didnt get what we deserve versus Spurs, Palace, Bournemouth and West Ham, but at what point does that just turn it to "we werent good enough, clinical enough, composed enough".

I hope we do get "that win" that allows us to go on a bit of a run, but excuses only last so long, bad luck can also be known as lack of composure or a clinical side, we will see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Totally agree, bonkers. 

It’s because arsenal have played in the europa league on Thursday so the fixture is shifted (and fair enough really) as they always are.

Sky had already selected their live fixtures before this occurred, it’s really nothing new.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ian Wright says he think once Trezeguet gets up to speed in the League he is going to cause alot of problems as he is "fantastic", and other murmurings.

6:15 onwards for those who don't wanna listen to 10 minutes of sky4 wanking. 

• Haha 1