Pre -Match Thread

maqroll

I'm looking forward to this one.

Not many would expect anything from this game so the pressure is off in a way. We get to play the way we want to play without worrying about the result. I expect Dean to set us up to take it to them and with their shoddy defence, who knows?

On 17/09/2019 at 17:41, maqroll said:

So be it. 1-1, Luiz with the goal.

Douglas or David? :trollface:

On 20/09/2019 at 18:11, ferguson1 said:

Don’t think this will happen, but would love to see the side below.  4-2-3-1, with our full backs pushing forward as much as possible, almost playing as wingers:

---------------------------------Wesley----------------------------------

-------Hourihane———Grealish———-McGinn--------

--------------------- Luiz --------- Marvelous --------------------

Targett ----------- Mings ----- Engels ----------- Guilbert

------------------------------- Heaton ---------------------------------

Going to be tough this game, but feel we can get a point.  1-1

that would be my formation......not sure on the Targett one, might not be ready match fitness wise.

I'd stick Elmo at left back because I trust him both defending and going forward more than I trust Taylor, who seems to play the entire game out of position, not being a viable option to pass to up front and going AWOL when defending, dragging Mings out of position.

Other than that, I like the rest of the defence and midfield from the last game. I'd keep with Wesley for now. He's growing into the role and a good game against Arsenal could really kick his season on. It's the wingers that are impossible to pick. Not sold on El Ghazi or Jota, don't want Elmo up there and i wouldn't even fancy Green coming in if he'd stayed. 

Wildcard option. To compensate for no wingers I'd like us to go with a 5-4-1 with a diamond in the middle. 

Wesley 

Grealish (free roaming role)

Hourihane Luiz McGinn

Elmo Mings Engels Konsa Guilbert

Heaton

Although be ballsy / suicidal to try it away to Arsenal 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ian Wright says he think once Trezeguet gets up to speed in the League he is going to cause alot of problems as he is "fantastic", and other murmurings.

24 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Game face on.  Let’s have a go:

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Indeed

Edited by maqroll

Our team will be full of confidence, Deano and JT will have them fired up. Super Jack, Super John and many of the other team members have waited along time to go up against the likes of Arsenal (who by the way are not the team they once were) and show that they can do it in this league. The fans will take over London and be the twelfth man pitch side. 

We will win this game, its going to be tight, defending in numbers then score on break away or free kick. scrappy scrappy game 

As per usual I have to have my £1 4:1 bet (200/1) and wear my Euro shirt. But really believe we can nick a goal early on and hang on by the skin of teeth for at least a point 

On 20/09/2019 at 18:11, ferguson1 said:

Don’t think this will happen, but would love to see the side below.  4-2-3-1, with our full backs pushing forward as much as possible, almost playing as wingers:

---------------------------------Wesley----------------------------------

-------Hourihane———Grealish———-McGinn--------

--------------------- Luiz --------- Marvelous --------------------

Targett ----------- Mings ----- Engels ----------- Guilbert

------------------------------- Heaton ---------------------------------

Going to be tough this game, but feel we can get a point.  1-1

I'm almost with you, would keep El Ghazi instead of Conor as he can cut in and cause problems.

On 20/09/2019 at 20:48, sharkyvilla said:

Definitely this team for me.  Just a couple of tweaks so not a massive panic change but enough to get Jack further forward with more options to his left than with Taylor at left back.  Gets the Elmo-Trez combo back on the right side as well.  Still could get stuffed, mind you.

Cant get the thinking of Guilbert as left back. Taylor better defensively and targett natural for attacking.

I'm honestly just happy we are playing Arsenal again in the Prem, we will have to play very well but they are not indestructible.

Mings and Engels will have to on their toes, I think any mistake gets punished. They will look to get on the front foot, if we manage to get the ball off them we are capable of punishing them on the counter.

Any match will ole Twinkle toes Luiz you're in with a chance 😁