Pre -Match Thread

maqroll

Probably not the best time to play them seeing as they will be mad and really up for it. That said, they are pathetic in a way only Arsenal could be, so if we can get a goal or two we can win this. We have a decent record at the Emirates as well don't we?

If we beat them, Emery will get the sack. I think even a draw will see him fired.

So be it. 1-1, Luiz with the goal.

Arsenal... another established Premier League side for us to come up against - bit of a running theme this season isn't it? Apart from us, Naaaaaaaaarch and Sheffield Blades, they're all established by now.

No expectations for this game. The occasional point or three at the Emirates in the past notwithstanding, can't see anything other than a defeat here. So not losing any sleep over this one. Look further ahead to a 'winnable' home tie against Burnley.   

Edited by Raver50032

Arsenal are giving away a penalty a game at the moment. Push Jack up and get him running at Luiz. 

Conceded most shots in the league, we need to push forward and get them crumbling. 

We still seem to be inviting pressure, and struggle to keep the ball in the middle. I didn’t watch all of the game yesterday, but from what I did see, we struggled, and that was at home. 

Unfortunately Arsenal are good at unlocking teams and passing in tight spaces. 

Think we’ll get a hammering here. 4-0. 

I'd set up like this:                        

Heaton

Elmo       Engels       Mings       Guilbert

Nakamba         McGinn

Hourihane

Trezeguet                     Grealish

Wesley

6 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I can't see anything other than Arsenal winning this comfortably.  

This. Arsenal's dodgy performances usually come away from home not in their own library.

Edited by villa89

In previous seasons we've had great success on this ground by rapid counter attacks. Remember that game when Gabby kept turbo charging from the halfway line and winning penalties, think it was an opening day game.

We don't really have that threat on the counter attack at the minute otherwise we could give them a really good game.

Feels the sort of one to me if we hold out 0-0 up to an hour their crowd would really start getting frustrated and we'd get chances but concede an early goal and it could be 3-0.

Would certainly play a diamond midfield for this, Luiz, Marvellous, Grealish, McGinn and then push Trezeguet up to support Wesley.

The Thursday kickoff is a small bonus for us but Frankfurt is only a 100 minute flight from London. It's not really that much further than Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle in terms of how long it will take Arsenal to get there.  It's shorter than the coach trip to Islington will be for us.  

Edited by The_Rev

Anything at Emirates is a bonus. Hopefully we can a play like we did for the first half against Spurs.

Keep Cabella and Aubemeyang quiet and I don’t think they even that special. Pepe looks good but is raw. 

Their defence is shocking. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

20 hours ago, Dale said:

Arsenal are giving away a penalty a game at the moment. Push Jack up and get him running at Luiz. 

Conceded most shots in the league, we need to push forward and get them crumbling. 

If we do get a pen, who is going to take it this season? Jed and Tammy are gone....

22 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

Given our front 3 (and their back 4) I'd be bold here and put Grealish left, Trez right and bring Conor into the midfield. 

Probably keep the rest as is - not sure Targett is ready for a start yet. 

Smith said he’s back for this game, my side would be:

Heaton

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett 

McGinn Nakamba Grealish

Jota Wesley El Ghazi

Subs: Steer, Elmohamady, Konsa, Taylor, Luiz, Lansbury, Davis 

P.s feel free to rip it apart