limpid

Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

Really weird the Grealish criticism, he's the ball carrier of the team, everything goes through him. It's the front three are playing at a level below the rest of the team to me.

• Like 4

Grealish created our best chance. McGinn had 2 good shots...

It appears it was Jack who let Mings down and not AEG. Bet they all get a rocket from JT 😅

• Haha 1

Can't wrap my head around the negative comments for Grealish, mcginn and Jota. Thought they played very well. 

32 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

That was my thoughts too. Looks too slow for this game but, who do we replace him with when we only have three wide attackers and one is suspended? 

Davis or bring on elmo and push Freddie up. He has far more pace and dynamism than jota. Jota is a central player period. He isn't pacey enough for this league out wide. 

Questioning Grealish is mental, don’t know what game you are watching or what you expect?

• Like 1

Amazed people are criticising Jack, I think he's been excellent. He's been at the heart of everything we've done. Not sure what people are expecting from him.

Also think Mcginn has been very good too.

• Like 2

Wesley proper looks the part, but looking like the new Heskey, really hope he finds his mojo.

If we still had Abraham😭

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

Can't wrap my head around the negative comments for Grealish, mcginn and Jota. Thought they played very well. 

Jota was poor I thought. Just doesn't get involved enough 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Personally thought he kept the ball very well and was dangerous cutting inside. 

Jota and Taylor look the most challenged against their opposition, Nakamba could effect the game a little more, but overall yet again we are competitive but lacking a goal. Not for the want of trying. More of the same, tighten up a bit though please.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hes been good in flashes he holds on to the ball to long at times Guilbert overlaps he should just use him sooner

Been very even so far with us edging it imo. Bring on the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

4.5 games in and it is clear it will definitely be a battle for survival this year. As another poster wrote, this is the type of game where we need to come away with points.

Yes I've been shocked by how good what I'd call average Premier teams are nowadays.  I think we are competing, which is encouraging but it's going to be a mighty difficult season.