Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Guilbert needs to stop bombing forward when Jota is covered by two/three players. Jota got no passing options. And there's no cover if/when he loses it. Its going to cost us eventually, nearly did all ready. 

We should look to exploit the gaps in midfield when they  cover Jota.  

McGinn or Grealish are going off for Luiz second half. Neither of them have done anything major to warrant another 45 minutes of that with Luiz on the bench. I reckon Deano will give them 15 minutes then sub one of them off. 

Nakamba, one bad pass apart, has been solid and full of energy. 

The wingers haven't been great but Jota is worst of the two. 

Wesley proves we need another striker. Does Deano wish he'd spent the extra money on Maupay? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

They look more in control. We seem very nervous. But we’ve created best chances.

I’d disagree - I thought we had more of the play but they had the best chances. 

My worry is that we’ve played quite well whilst they’ve been very lethargic but we’re still level

Jota needs to come off, he hasnt got anything right do far and is slowing down play down the right hugely.

Tempted to bring elmo on at right back and fred gilbert in for jota or Elmo for jota. At least elmo may cross the ball or play in fred gilbert rather than dally on the ball and then give it away which 90% of the time jota has done so far.

El ghazi may come out with a black eye 2nd half. Just sayin

• Like 1

Just now, Skruff said:

Guilbert needs to stop bombing forward when Jota is covered by two/three players. Jota got no passing options. And there's no cover if/when he loses it. Its going to cost us eventually, nearly did all ready. 

We should look to exploit the gaps in midfield when they  cover Jota.  

It's also so telegraphed, i mean ya know it's coming.

plenty of positives. much better attacking intent. i get worried every time they get the ball though. actually think el ghazi and jota have been ok. defensively they do leave us exposed though

Decent half. We're making more good chances than we have been. We need to start making them count though.

Really not sure what to make of that Mings/el Ghazi moment. Mings is aggressive but el Ghazi really shouldn't be fronting up to a teammate, and we don't want to see that kinda thing in the squad. It festers.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

McGinn or Grealish are going off for Luiz second half. Neither of them have done anything major to warrant another 45 minutes of that with Luiz on the bench. I reckon Deano will give them 15 minutes then sub one of theM

I’d be absolutely staggered if that happens - Jota or AEG for the hook

• Like 1