Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

I've picked it up for free.  I don't think I've played a FM game since David O'Leary was Villa manager and bloody hell I'm intimidated by this thing.  Do I need to watch ten hours of tutorials before I even start or should I just pick PSG and Google the names of the best twenty wonderkids in the game? 

Also: If I do get into this does it mean I will become a smug git on Twitter next summer when I've heard of these semi obscure 19 year olds from the Czech Republic who get a move to a Champions League club? 

Not PSG, go with someone else like arsenal or inter, at least a bit of a challenge, I'm currently years in to a great ajax game, a top of the HoF type game, unbeaten in 188 league games... Dont try villa until you're fully familiar with it all, we're ridiculously hard imo 

And yes, definitely yes, whoever you play as get Esposito 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Can’t believe this just happened...

Daniel James!!!!! 🙃

Won a penalty shootout too, I've won about 1 from 6.  Still on the mobile version, I signed Mbappe for £225m plus Badiashile on £500k per week, I think I've got to the point where it's become ridiculous!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got to say im not enjoying this one. Im city signed grealish for 55m and he is really crap in it.

I have set up good tactics for my team. With sterling one side grealish in other and aguero up top.

My last 4 results

Lost 0-1 to norwich

Lost 0-2 to liverpool 

Lost 0-4 to united

2-2 west ham who are bottom.

Its **** shit game so unrealistic 

Winding mine down, had a great ajax game, with more time I'd reach fergie but as it is I'm about 1500 points off him in the HoF, 10 league titles, 9 cups, 3 CL, the world club cup and the nations league with Holland, I've got the euros coming up which if I win I might get closer to the top and then plough through 2 more years and do it

Esposito had 40 goals before Xmas, he's been a machine, about 20 goals off being the eredivisie highest ever scorer

Starting 11 is usually

Regen

Hakimi - regen - onguene - grimaldo

Cuisance - szolazbai (sp) 

Stengs - unuvar - fati

Esposito

Grimaldo is old and finished so he's leaving, got gravenberch on the bench who is solid, kana who is quality and comes in as DMC for unuvar in big games, kulusevski in rotation on the right and then probably the regen 2nd best striker in the world as back up, did have Havertz for years but Statistically he didn't do anything

Went 206 games unbeaten in the league... The club World Cup kept me interested so I did that, then got the Holland job (boadu is awesome) then started the fergie chase so it's easy but I've got the targets to keep me going 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I got to say im not enjoying this one. Im city signed grealish for 55m and he is really crap in it.

I have set up good tactics for my team. With sterling one side grealish in other and aguero up top.

My last 4 results

Lost 0-1 to norwich

Lost 0-2 to liverpool 

Lost 0-4 to united

2-2 west ham who are bottom.

Its **** shit game so unrealistic 

I usually start this way and the find a couple of decent tactics to download. Kind of ruining the experience, but I'd rather do that than lose every game and rage quit.

21 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I usually start this way and the find a couple of decent tactics to download. Kind of ruining the experience, but I'd rather do that than lose every game and rage quit.

It just makes no sense to me the ine against Norwich i had 23 shots 15 in target and norwich had 1 and scored.

So crap and unrealistic 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It just makes no sense to me the ine against Norwich i had 23 shots 15 in target and norwich had 1 and scored.

So crap and unrealistic 

Why? They scored 3 from 3 against City last year... Sounds pretty realistic to me. 

Screenshot_20201118_145553.jpg

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm still playing the mobile version and I just got my son coming through the youth system.  Never seen that before.  He looks a bit shit but I've got Mbappe mentoring him so hopefully some of his brilliance robs off on Our Shaun.

Did you get a notification your son came through or did you have to go looking to spot him? 

25 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Did you get a notification your son came through or did you have to go looking to spot him? 

It's weird I assessed the new intake of players and then a bit afterwards I got a message in my inbox saying something along the lines my son has been promoted from the youth set up and to make sure I'm not to show any favouritism to him.  He has come through at 18 rather than 16 like the usual youth players.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's weird I assessed the new intake of players and then a bit afterwards I got a message in my inbox saying something along the lines my son has been promoted from the youth set up and to make sure I'm not to show any favouritism to him.  He has come through at 18 rather than 16 like the usual youth players.

How long have you been with that club? I've never seen it before and have managed one team for 20+ years before. Have heard about it though. 

37 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

How long have you been with that club? I've never seen it before and have managed one team for 20+ years before. Have heard about it though. 

11 season with Villa.  I did have a player come through with my surname after a couple of seasons but I think that must have just been a random coincidence.  Again this isn't the full PC version so might be unique to the mobile version.  I've also been appointed the board, been asked to vote on whether to scrap transfer windows, been asked to name the new stadium (which I called Villa Park 😉 ) and a few other things.

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

11 season with Villa.  I did have a player come through with my surname after a couple of seasons but I think that must have just been a random coincidence.  Again this isn't the full PC version so might be unique to the mobile version.  I've also been appointed the board, been asked to vote on whether to scrap transfer windows, been asked to name the new stadium (which I called Villa Park 😉 ) and a few other things.

That's got to be a wind-up. 

• Like 1

Â