Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

6 hours ago, villan-scott said:

347-C72-BD-EBD9-43-A1-A558-9-C5-A4-E71-B
D8-F947-C8-FB9-B-4007-9-DBD-7-BB69-C301-
FCA3-EDCD-6-BC6-402-B-8-AF0-5-CDD1-DC96-

This player is phenomenal, paid top whack for him at 18 as saw the potential and boy is he living up to it now at age 25. 45 league goals and 73 goals in all comps including 20 in the CL this season and 50 plus for the last 3 seasons. 

Also smashed the record for league goals scored for a team, 157!!

Would have had the record points total and wins in a season but threw away a 2-0 lead away at Everton last day. 

Also managing England and have my first World Cup this summer to now have a crack at. Lost the Nations League final to Belgium so need an international trophy! 

That's a shockingly constant premier league list... lol, at arsenal though. Always one of those little moments, when the first big club goes to bits.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, villakram said:

That's a shockingly constant premier league list... lol, at arsenal though. Always one of those little moments, when the first big club goes to bits.

That is Arsenals second relegation. They’ve become a yo-yo club! Coventry made a fleeting appearance, but it is very much the same sorts of teams in out the prem for me so far! 

• Like 1

I’ve made the World Cup final and will play Germany, against that goal machine I posted yesterday who is a monster. There is also a centre midfielder from Germany who’s mine who is also a beast. 

Wish me luck! I’ve got a couple of stars in my England side who are Villa too, so it’s whoever turns up on the day! Probably the bloody Germans though!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve made the World Cup final and will play Germany, against that goal machine I posted yesterday who is a monster. There is also a centre midfielder from Germany who’s mine who is also a beast. 

Wish me luck! I’ve got a couple of stars in my England side who are Villa too, so it’s whoever turns up on the day! Probably the bloody Germans though!!

Beat them 2-1! Went 1-0 down after 2 minutes. My English Villa centre half Marlon Williams gave away a penalty which Schaffrath cooly slotted home. At this point I was fearing the würst. 

Thankfully my left winger Wroblewski (also Villa) popped up with an equaliser after 8 minutes, and then miraculously a Spurs striker, Rob Brain, never bottled a big final and scored his 10th goal of the tournament - to win the Golden Boot - after 16 minutes.

Then dominated from there and should have scored more. Lifted the World Cup and thinking about quitting the England role as it’s a bit of a faff really. 

I’ll add the screenshot later!

• Like 3

Qualified for the champions league at end of season 5! And, won the fa cup!! Brilliant season. Had a good summer, bought a wonderkid left back who will become first choice.

My big January signing from Leicester for 50m, the central midfielder who already gained England caps, played every minute of England's victorious European championship campaign. What a player he is. 

Drawn Dortmund, Celtic and PSV in the champions league. Think I can qualify from this.

Started very brightly in the season, 4w, 1d. Away at Brentford next and its a horror show. A 2-0 defeat making me think this season might not be so positive. My very young side really struggled. A couple of injuries and tiredness and my side don't perform.

Dortmund at home next up to start my champions league campaign. I'll take second in the group now.

• Like 2

On 09/05/2020 at 12:52, villan-scott said:

Beat them 2-1! Went 1-0 down after 2 minutes. My English Villa centre half Marlon Williams gave away a penalty which Schaffrath cooly slotted home. At this point I was fearing the würst. 

Thankfully my left winger Wroblewski (also Villa) popped up with an equaliser after 8 minutes, and then miraculously a Spurs striker, Rob Brain, never bottled a big final and scored his 10th goal of the tournament - to win the Golden Boot - after 27 minutes.

Then dominated from there and should have scored more. Lifted the World Cup and thinking about quitting the England role as it’s a bit of a faff really. 

I’ll add the screenshot later!

1-A25-DA59-5819-4917-8-F07-9-B18-BC8-F33

It finally came home. 

Edited by villan-scott

I'm in Jan 2024, doing ok, 6th in the league, 6 points off 4th thinking I can give it a push...

Lee kang-in to barca £63m, pellegrini to psg £60m, Davidson Sanchez to utd £30m, a 4.5 star 19 year Brazilian wonder kid to psg for £65m, mixture of buy out clauses and the board thinking the offer was too good to say no :( absolutely killed me, never known anything like it, panic bought a decent CB, pulisc from Chelsea and moriba from barca just to plug the gaps but my team is ****

After a bit of hesitation seeing the bad reviews I took the plunge and got FM Touch 2020 for my Lenovo Tablet and I'm having a blast. Haven't played FM for 3-4 years but the lack of football tipped me over the edge this time.

I don't tend to enjoy managing Villa overly much and usually start off a new iteration of FM with the mighty Plymouth Argyle. Settled on a good tactic that got me successive promotions, managing to agressively improve the list each season with free transfers.

So now I'm 10 games into the Championship (Villa are kicking about there too) in the top 4, but I have a feeling my luck's about to change. Picked up Keinan Davis on a free and have him up front, with another ex-Villan, Jordan Graham, on the wing.

And yes, Davis was injured in his first match and has spent more time with the physio than with the first team... 

• Like 1

Transfer window for the start of the 2021/22 season at Villa. Had a real tough time trying to get rid of anyone in the transfer market. In the end had to just keep some players around who have no chance of getting into my team (Hause, Nakamba etc). Here's the major deals I did with a 50m budget:

In - Max Wober (Salzburg) 17m, Gilson (FLA - Brazil) 22.5m & Mahmoud Dahoud (Dortmund) 8.5m

Out - Guilbert (Din. Kyiv) 10.25m, Haberer (Galatasary) 13.75m, Hogan (Rotherham) 750k

After qualifying for the UEFA Cup I'm expecting a bit of a slide. Luckily the board only want top half finish (finished 6th last season). Have drawn Spartak , Feyenoord & Vit Guimaraes in the UEFA Cup.

Started off the league with a 2-0 loss at home to Chelsea followed by a 6-2 flogging away to Tottenham. Luckily have since recovered with victories over Southampton & WBA. 19yr old striker Gilson has started off on fire bagging 6 goals in 4 games and Matty Longstaff looks to be taking a step up this season. Grealish and particularly McGinn continue to frustrate.

finished the league in 2024, finished 7th, 16 points off 6th, was a hard finish, still got the FA cup final (Liverpool) and the EL final (spurs) not expecting much from either, got battered 6-0 by spurs in the last league game of the season, my squad is paper thin and exhausted

first time for me ever last night...I had a regen player come out as gay

• Like 1

Well, big update from me. Nearing end of season 6. And despite thinking I would struggle with champions league and league commitments....... IM IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!! will meet PSG. And with 3 games left in the league, I still have a shot at top 4 again. 

This is all despite losing my wonderkid left back for most of the season with a broken leg. And having no left back for 2 months and using a poor 21 year old regen when poulsen got injured.

And losing Esposito for the champions league quarters (beat inter) and semis (beat real Madrid with my 21 year old back up signed from palace as a 16year old and now worth 25m scoring a hat trick at VP)

Have a couple of decent prospects coming through the academy too. Had a 4 and a half star potential striker come through in this latest intake and I really like him. Things are looking rosy.

I will have a big transfer budget this summer and don't know what to buy. There's an unbelievable Danish regen from Ajax who would complement my other wonderkid central midfielder and regular England international. If I bought him, I would have easily the best cm partnership in the world. £81m release clause, might be worth it. Exciting

• Like 3

I absolutely stormed Serie B. Only lost in the final match of the season after I had already wrapped up the title. Lukas Mai & Tosin Adarabioyo were absolutely a rock at the back(they're both developing amazingly) and I won the league by 13 points. I think my tactics have a lot to play with this, but my squad really shares the goals around. 

Signed Matt Smith, Lukas Nmecha, & Adarabioyo all on end of contract frees from city after their loans expired (Smith ended up with the Serie B player of the year as a defensive mid). 

To replace Shackleton I signed Nathan (after his contract with Chelsea ended — actually just bagged a hat trick in the match i just played). Also signed Mai for 1.5 mil.

At the beginning I was expecting to get relegated and hopefully "yo-yo" for a season or two. But now after 15 games played I'm sitting pretty in 8th. 

Villa's still been sitting in the PL and & I finally got around to adding the other big 4 leagues as playable in case I want to branch out.

11 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Well, big update from me. Nearing end of season 6. And despite thinking I would struggle with champions league and league commitments....... IM IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!! will meet PSG. And with 3 games left in the league, I still have a shot at top 4 again. 

This is all despite losing my wonderkid left back for most of the season with a broken leg. And having no left back for 2 months and using a poor 21 year old regen when poulsen got injured.

And losing Esposito for the champions league quarters (beat inter) and semis (beat real Madrid with my 21 year old back up signed from palace as a 16year old and now worth 25m scoring a hat trick at VP)

Have a couple of decent prospects coming through the academy too. Had a 4 and a half star potential striker come through in this latest intake and I really like him. Things are looking rosy.

I will have a big transfer budget this summer and don't know what to buy. There's an unbelievable Danish regen from Ajax who would complement my other wonderkid central midfielder and regular England international. If I bought him, I would have easily the best cm partnership in the world. £81m release clause, might be worth it. Exciting

You're save sound very familiar to my current one in FM19, I made the Champions league final before getting close to winning the PL, and won the bloody thing. It was amazing. 

I wish you the best of luck, I hope to see good news in your next post.

Lost in the champions league finals but definitely not embarrassed. 1-0 to a pogba 25 yarder. PSG conceded 4 goals in the whole tournament so not a surprise to be honest.

Then, lost in the final of the club world cup, 1-0 to Barcelona. That takes place at a strange time. Just before pre season. Beat man city and real Madrid in the quarters and semis. 

Went and bought that Danish central midfielder. £81m and he will be worth every penny. 4n half star at 22 and potential to go to 5 star. Sold the Brazilian regen centre back to real Madrid (£104m), he was brilliant but Southampton had a brilliant centre half and English regen for sale for £48m because they went down so signed him. 4 star with potential of 5. Yan couto, who has been on loan for 2 seasons, joins for £20m. Cheap for a decent right back. I have a Japanese wonderkid rb from Stuttgart last summer, and who went back to them on loan, coming through. He will go out on loan again to develop further. I still have £70 million to spend. Might go out and splase the cash on a new winger. Harry Wilson has been unreal. But think I can do better.

Sold Orel Mangala to make room for the Danish wonderkid. Huge player he was, was so sad to sell him but it was necessary and he was no longer good enough. Brilliant signing for a mid table prem league team looking to kick on.  Norwich will really benefit from having him in their side. 

And a huge shout out to my defensive midfielder,  signed from Newell's old boys for 5.75m a couple of years ago. Only rated 2n half star but has high number in every necessary attribute for his position. Easily my favourite player last season, a constant 7.1/7.2 every game. Never give the ball away. Doesn't score, doesn't assist but he wins the ball off attackers and gives it simple. I love the role he plays and is a perfect foil for the better players ahead of him.

Jack is still with me but is only a squad player now. Still does a job when needed and is the only original player I have left. His contract is up next year, I want him to sign another but he won't take a paycut and I don't want to pay him £115k to be a backup squad player.

And one last thing, I qualified for the champions league again winning my last 3 games to qualify. Looking forward to kicking next season off now.

• Like 3

Really struggling at start of new season. Can't score. Don't dominate games anymore. Mid table. Haven't changed anything apart from a couple of improvements in positions. Going to try a couple of tweaks of tactics. But really frustrated with this.

On 16/05/2020 at 13:59, Mjvilla said:

Really struggling at start of new season. Can't score. Don't dominate games anymore. Mid table. Haven't changed anything apart from a couple of improvements in positions. Going to try a couple of tweaks of tactics. But really frustrated with this.

A couple of tactic tweaks helped, but not hugely. Went down to a 'd' rating as manager and I though I was up for the chop. Simple change (shouldn't make a big difference but has), I have got my goalkeeper distributing wide instead of to centre backs designed to get the ball forward quicker and boom! Back in the hunt for Europe. Playing much better. Think my best potential youngster could be really good. He's flying and has a couple of Carabao cup games and a goal to his name. Doing some research whilst at work today and have a few ideas on how to keep those improvements going. Hoping in 2 years he may be considered a wonderkid. Any more tips for developing youngsters would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mjvilla

Decided to give FM 19 another go and try and get Villa promoted using the August 2018 squads database. I never usually do games as Villa manager but fancied the challenge. Blitzed the first season in a few days and here's the result...

Capture1.thumb.JPG.9393a71ee75f2d080468b8d380d3ea58.JPG

It agonisingly went to the final day of the season, with me needing a win or Blackburn not to win. Never been so nervous in a game of FM before.

Capture.JPG.6d8ec9c0f2d71c98720de943936cff69.JPG

• Like 2

Â