Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

8 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Sorry, just quickly. Has anyone else had a random friendly arranged in mid-Feb for them? I had one against Norwegian side Molde. Played a rubbish team and won 4-0. Michael Tait scored a hat-trick...so here's another question. He's not highly rated at all, but if he has a game like that, should I give him a chance to develop at the club?

Also, what's the best and worst case scenarios in the game regarding Brexit?

The Feb gap is meant as a winter break isn’t it, I’ve never had a game show horned in there before! 

I’d always keep a few youth team players longer, while you build your squad as padding for the u23 and u18 squads. I had Doyle-Hayes and the Ramsey brothers for a good few seasons. 

I only know of 2 ways Brexit can go in the game, one where all foreign players need work permits, including European players (the bad Brexit) or luckily the one I had where nobody needs a work permit, so you can snap up South American wonder kids to your hearts content! 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

The Feb gap is meant as a winter break isn’t it, I’ve never had a game show horned in there before! 

I’d always keep a few youth team players longer, while you build your squad as padding for the u23 and u18 squads. I had Doyle-Hayes and the Ramsey brothers for a good few seasons. 

I only know of 2 ways Brexit can go in the game, one where all foreign players need work permits, including European players (the bad Brexit) or luckily the one I had where nobody needs a work permit, so you can snap up South American wonder kids to your hearts content! 

Haha, great. Bad Brexit it is. Thanks mate!

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

Sorry, just quickly. Has anyone else had a random friendly arranged in mid-Feb for them? I had one against Norwegian side Molde. Played a rubbish team and won 4-0. Michael Tait scored a hat-trick...so here's another question. He's not highly rated at all, but if he has a game like that, should I give him a chance to develop at the club?

Also, what's the best and worst case scenarios in the game regarding Brexit?

Yeah, I had the same. Played some shit Irish team I think it was. I guessed it was the winter break too. 

I tend to try and keep hold of younger players as much as possible. A decent loan and all of sudden they can either have a bigger value or some value to the first team. I've had this with Odutayo, first season was on loan in the vanarama national and he really struggled. Second season, on loan to league 2 Bolton, he is absolutely tearing it up and his potential has shot up from league 2 player to championship player. All of a sudden, I want to keep hold of him and perhaps he could be a squad player in the next couple of years. If not, I'll make some money on him for sure.

So I've gotten to December in my game and I applied for the vacant Ternana job, interviewed for it and was offered the role. The first step for almost any of the first "days" on the job is to clean the staff out. I found an interesting thing thou; a lot of recently retired players (notable players, like Van Persie, Robben, Evra) are more than willing to join as youth team coaches on "normal" salaries. Looks like I will have a star studded youth setup. 

Also another tip I have discovered... If you have a second human coach as unemployed, you can staff search the entire loaded database in the game which has been helpful in finding 'hidden gem' staff. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I have the files now and have them in my game. Do you want the images? Do you have a kit pack in your game already?

I haven’t got a kit pack yet no. Can I lob them in on their own?

54 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I haven’t got a kit pack yet no. Can I lob them in on their own?

I’m not sure, to get the graphics into the game you have to create a graphics folder and then one for kits inside that. 

I think you need a config file and all sorts for the game to read it the image but I’m no expert. I’ve always downloaded kit packs and face packs in bulk and uploaded them all into the game at once. 

I'll look into it.

End of first season. Mings has thrown his dummy out of the pram because Arsenal came in with an offer of 26m. He's valued at 28m. I wanted at least 40m to let him go and they went away. Now hes unhappy and we've compromised that if an offer of 36m comes in I'll accept. ¬_¬

Finished 4th, so Champions League ahoy! Hourihane got player of the season. Managed to tie Jack down to a new contract with a 90m clause.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'll look into it.

End of first season. Mings has thrown his dummy out of the pram because Arsenal came in with an offer of 26m. He's valued at 28m. I wanted at least 40m to let him go and they went away. Now hes unhappy and we've compromised that if an offer of 36m comes in I'll accept. ¬_¬

Finished 4th, so Champions League ahoy! Hourihane got player of the season. Managed to tie Jack down to a new contract with a 90m clause.

Congratulations! You did much better than me. I finished 14th on 47 points. 16 points above relegation, 9 points off Europe. Quick summary is Liverpool champions (101 points), 27 points above United in 2nd. Norwich shocked everyone finishing 5th. Brighton, Burnley & Newcastle go down. Highlights of my season were beating Tottenham & Chelsea at Villa Park, doing the double over our massive rivals(?!) Wolves and managing to get a draw out of Liverpool.

Jack & Samagol the only two players to average a 7 or greater. Jack 11g/5a and Samatta 17g/2a. El Ghazi the next best with 8g/5a. 

The main story line going into the off season is Jack was disappointed when I sold Neil Taylor. I promised youth. Jack deemed Katterbach wasn't a good enough replacement after 18 appearances at a 6.98 rating and has slightly cracked it.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Congratulations! You did much better than me. I finished 14th on 47 points. 16 points above relegation, 9 points off Europe. Quick summary is Liverpool champions (101 points), 27 points above United in 2nd. Norwich shocked everyone finishing 5th. Brighton, Burnley & Newcastle go down. Highlights of my season were beating Tottenham & Chelsea at Villa Park, doing the double over our massive rivals(?!) Wolves and managing to get a draw out of Liverpool.

Jack & Samagol the only two players to average a 7 or greater. Jack 11g/5a and Samatta 17g/2a. El Ghazi the next best with 8g/5a. 

The main story line going into the off season is Jack was disappointed when I sold Neil Taylor. I promised youth. Jack deemed Katterbach wasn't a good enough replacement after 18 appearances at a 6.98 rating and has slightly cracked it.

I had the same with Jack. It went away a couple of weeks into pre season. He didn't have a problem anymore. Seems daft that he would spend a whole season unhappy over selling a shite second string player.

@Dante_Lockhart, how the bloody hell did you get champions league? I finished 1 point away from Europe in my first aeason and thought I'd smashed it. Then I see you finished 4th!!

• Like 1

On 19/04/2020 at 19:18, phily85 said:

Is anybody using the mobile version of this?.

I don't have laptop/pc or tablet so it's the only version I could use but not sure if it's worthwhile

Yeah I decided to buy it for the same reason. 

Its decent. Enough to keep you interested but clearly not all the full options. 

For £9 I've definetly had value for money so far

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I had the same with Jack. It went away a couple of weeks into pre season. He didn't have a problem anymore. Seems daft that he would spend a whole season unhappy over selling a shite second string player.

@Dante_Lockhart, how the bloody hell did you get champions league? I finished 1 point away from Europe in my first aeason and thought I'd smashed it. Then I see you finished 4th!!

Some good wins. I played quite attacking throughout the season, even against the big boys. Lost 4-0 to City one time and 5-3 to Arsenal, but pulled out some decent 3 goal wins too.

Just hit July now, some ins and outs already. McGinn went to Arsenal for 45m - he didn't perform for me but somehow managed to get the move that Mings couldn't. Elmo went on a free. Hogan moved to Russia for 9m!! Sold Sama as he was backup to Wesley and unhappy with play time, brought in South Korean Hee-Chan who fits my play style (and will bring in revenue) to sit behind him along with Keinan. Loads of youth back off loan so going to have them in the 1st team as back-up / cup games (O'Hare, Green, Doyle-Hayes, Ramsey, Barry)

Also managed to get 4 guys in on free transfer - Dirk Proper, Okafor, Regulion and Maroni. Will have to sell Targett as Regulion and Katterbach are my 2 LBs now. I'll post a team screenie and transfer screenie once window closes.

• Like 1

im the same, im on my 2nd villa game, 2nd season and im chucking everyone out of the squad, which like I said previously is actually one of the reasons I don't enjoy villa games

GK - Audero

DEF - Pellegrini, Targett, Mings, Luperto, Konsa, Engels, Onguene, Jorge Sanchez, Gonzalo Montiel

MID - McGinn, Luiz, Moro, Hojberg (loan) Almada, trez, Daniel maldini, grealish, alvarado

ATT - Esposito, Pellegri, Samatta, Wesley, Barry

Mings is great at LB so targett is going next window, cant shift Wes, next out will be Samatta and Trez with a bit of luck, never signed him on any of my other games but onguene has been a beast, still got the same consistency issues that plagued my previous villa game, will win 5 then lose 5 (with mellberg moaning like **** about me non stop, never happy that bloke) but at least im not getting daft 6 goal games every week

almada is such a cheap easy buy and great for pretty much every team I've played about with on it (even my top the hall of fame attempt with PSG he was a starter)

on my first villa save I got Esposito on loan as soon as he signed his pro contract with an obligation to buy at the end of the season, top scorer in the PL as a 17 year old kid, don't think I've ever bought pellegri before but he was mental on a save I had on last years game

I like stuff like Esposito scoring the penalty Lukaku let him take, I would say he is one of the current wonderkids that I feel like I know thanks to FM (Szoboszlai being the other one) I've tried other strikers such as silva and zirkee but I always seem to come back to Esposito (also tried Lautaro Martinez on a few saves, I cannot get a tune out of him at all)

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Who’ve you been buying mate?

Love a good shopping spree and rebuild!

Who HAVENT I been buying!? Haha.

Biggest surprise would be Junior V. Unhappy at Madrid and had a bust up. Managed to bring him in on a season long loan paying 40% of his wages and an optional purchase price of 50m.

McNeil from Burnley was listed after relegation, picked him up for 25m. Valery from Southampton the same but for 12m. Mings went to Chelsea after they sold 2 CBs and for 45m which was a middle finger to Arsenal, so I got Joe Gomez in for 60m (he was unhappy after Liverpool brought in Skriniar for 70m). Lastly I brought in Pyerre from GRE who looks boss. Gonna drop Grealish to MC as an advanced Playmaker and start his as my AM

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Who HAVENT I been buying!? Haha.

Biggest surprise would be Junior V. Unhappy at Madrid and had a bust up. Managed to bring him in on a season long loan paying 40% of his wages and an optional purchase price of 50m.

McNeil from Burnley was listed after relegation, picked him up for 25m. Valery from Southampton the same but for 12m. Mings went to Chelsea after they sold 2 CBs and for 45m which was a middle finger to Arsenal, so I got Joe Gomez in for 60m (he was unhappy after Liverpool brought in Skriniar for 70m). Lastly I brought in Pyerre from GRE who looks boss. Gonna drop Grealish to MC as an advanced Playmaker and start his as my AM

Great work. Fantastic business there!

• Like 1

Â