Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished 13th, 4 points off 7th

Ended up scoring 72 conceding 89!

18 year old Esposito on loan (with a future fee of £25m) top scorer with 30 league goals

Esposito is a monster! Just finished my 3rd season as Villa and he got 36 goals. Only problem is he then said he wanted to leave for a bigger club despite us finishing 4th. Told him to shut up as he's staying though :) 

What's your defence currently looking like? Changed much?

2nd season was - 

Heaton

Zeefuik 

Martinez (from ajax) 

Mings 

Zinchenko (loan) 

With then Targett, konsa and Engels in the squad, bought vallejo in Jan and mings at LB rates higher than targett

3rd season I got livakovic in goal, Zinchenko again on loan, bought retsos (greek CB from inter but I think that's not his starter club) and sold konsa and engels

Won first 5 games 

I’ve just pissed off the whole club and fans in the year 2030. Mbappe has been with me 5 years. He’s now 31 nearly 32. Going into the last year of his contract. Went to negotiate a new one, he wanted 550k a week, current deal was 375k. So sold him to Real Madrid for 98m. 

Pains me as he was still top class but couldn't justify those wages and length for his age. 

Hope it doesn’t come to bite me in the ass. 

Time to log a bunch of hours in this. Just starting a new season after winning Promotion w/Avellino to Serie B. Have been able to get a bunch of loans from French teams, specifically Monaco, which will be immensely helpful

Remembering now why it takes me so long to complete a season on this. Starting again with no transfer window to start with so I'm going in with my standard squad.

1 league (England), Large database (14k players)

1 star. Level of detail will prove highly demanding for your computer. ¬_¬

I've got 8GB ram but only a 1.8Ghz processor, so assume this is the problem. Any ways to speed up the 'inbetween' stuff like generating the other fixture results between games?

Sitting 4th going into the November international break. 4-2-3-1 formation. Jack is surprising me in the AMC position, 9 goals in 12 games (Wes has 8 in 12)

Only made 2 purchases in the first window. Thiago Almada who's rotating in at AML and AMC, and Noah Katterback (LB) who's rotating with Targett.

On 20/03/2020 at 12:25, villa4europe said:

Won first 5 games 

won 1 in the next 15

same old, villa games are really not enjoyable for me, none of the young prospects do anything, in the longer villa games I've stomached they produce nothing from the youth set up, after maybe 5 seasons none of the existing team are there anymore bar grealish (who doesn't develop to anything either)

and almada for about £3.5 - 5m is a great signing for anyone in the top flight, just watch your training staff always trying to convert him to a winger

I've played this game since 2010 and never been able to put together a good Villa save until just now. Not as good as some of the others on here but i'm currently 6th in my 3rd season, won the FA cup last season and reached the semi's of the europa league.

The only youth player to have made it to first team level for me is Doyle-Hayes, Jacob Ramsey is on course to make it as is his brother Aaron. Signings of the save for me have been Jamie Shackleton (£12.75m), Patrick Roberts (£1.3m), Alessio Riccardi (£9m) and Becir Omeragic (£15m)

I tend to like signing English players to see how many I can get into the England side and I just realised today I can nearly put out an all English XI that would actually be competitive in the league, just need a GK and a RB!

spacer.png

• Like 1

And the guys making this thought Brexit would be difficult to factor in to the game. Wonder what they'll make of Covid-19 in the Football Manager 21 edition?

1 hour ago, sne said:

And the guys making this thought Brexit would be difficult to factor in to the game. Wonder what they'll make of Covid-19 in the Football Manager 21 edition?

Miles Jacobsen has already said on Twitter that they won’t include it, as the game is an escape from this type of stuff! 

• Like 1

I’m at the start of 2031/32 with Villa now. Staying motivated to get my new stadium in 2033, plus a raft of wonderkids around the world on loan and in my youth team. I’ve just been taken over by a new man, who injected another £80m into my transfer budget, and is upgrading all my facilities. Happy days. 

2030/31 was probably my best ever season. 

2-CD6-F80-F-2914-42-D7-BF96-68-C3-A54712

A ridiculous 143 league goals and a GD of +118. Goals for absolute fun! 

Oh and this happened... VAR overturned a penalty!!

1-C86174-C-EE0-A-4150-BA53-C65-D548-E445

Edited by villan-scott

Decided to start fresh and trying unemployed and Italian lower leagues again.Going to be interesting and I know the loan system can be very helpful there.

Side note: does anyone have any face/logo/kit packs that they would recommend? Want to start trying using them for this. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Going well with the fresh start. Not having much luck with my AML/AMR positions though. Jack is bossing as an AMC

Try Trincao 

After that there's a youngster in anderlechts reserves called doku

If you have money then there is a good young Mexican at betis on the left and then vignato on the right 

He's very young but you might be able to get dembele from celtic too on a compo deal

Edit thought of more - cherki, unuvar and watch saka at arsenal, seen a few on social media saying their game has seen him go really cheap, great player and can play both wings

Edited by villa4europe

Going on a bad run now. Can't score for toffee and my sturdy defence (0 conceded in 7 games) can't keep anything out.

ELG and Trez are averaging 6.3 over the last 5. Not good enough. Wesley hasn't scored in 6. Winter window coming up now so hoping to refresh with the bit of money I have. Hoping to sell Hause, Jota and Nakamba to raise funds.

I'm another one to have caved and bought this recently. Haven't played since my daughter was born nearly 7 years ago. Amazed at how much it has changed and the level of detail you can go to. 

Played 6 league games, 10 points. Lost the opening 2, changed tactics. Won away at old Trafford with an 85th minute then a 1-0 away win at the Etihad with a 92nd minute winner from samatta. Sold Elmo and Taylor, bought Victor Gomez (Espanol) as my back up RB. With the potential of him going to be first choice. Andreas poulsen (gladbach) will join next summer as back up left back with potential to be first choice. Brais Mendez came in on loan as another attacking midfield option. 

Samatta and mcginn have been excellent. Jack started well but missed the last couple through injury.

Back when I was a teen I spent my whole life on this thing, it's good to be back!!

• Like 2

On 10/04/2020 at 08:13, Mjvilla said:

I'm another one to have caved and bought this recently. Haven't played since my daughter was born nearly 7 years ago. Amazed at how much it has changed and the level of detail you can go to. 

Back when I was a teen I spent my whole life on this thing, it's good to be back!!

I was exactly the same mate, had bought copies of other additions but not played properly in years, but this version has got me! Really into my save. Been playing since November (I think) and in 2032 with Villa. Don’t think I’ve ever gone so far in a save. 

Enjoy it mate!

Decided to do my Villa save a bit different from usual. Usually I'd look for a tactic online and top prospects, instead I'm going to back my instincts and my scouting team and backroom staff and see how it turns out.

In the window I brought in 2 18yr old Germans in Noah Katterbach (I think you did too @Dante_Lockhart?) and Roberto Massimo as well as 17yr old Frenchman Isaac Lihadji. Had to do something about the glut of keepers so Nyland went to Zenit and Neil Taylor got sold to Dinamo Zagreb. I also brought back Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare & Green from loans for depth. Risky going so young but we'll see what happens I guess.

Started the season at home to Bournemouth. I had more possession but they had the better chances. Went ahead through a VAR penalty that Jack put away. Ake equalised late in the 2nd half for them from a corner. Disappointing but fair result.

Then off to Old Trafford. Plan against the big boys is to play a 5-3-2. Held them til half time, Mata scored early in the 2nd half. Lost 1-0 but they bossed the game. McGinn got sent off for a 2nd yellow.

Next was Spurs at Home. Changed my home formation from 4-3-3 to 4-1-2-3. Seemed to work. Fell behind early but an own goal followed by a Samatta brace (inc. VAR penalty) had us up 3-1 at the break. Kane scored with less than 20 to go, but in extra time Jack received a pass from Reina just inside our own half and took it all the way and buried it to win 4-2.

Draw Southampton in the League Cup at home. Played a 2nd string and lost 2-1 in a game that could have gone either way.

Lastly off to Stamford Bridge with my 5-3-2 formation. Go into half time 2-0 down without a shot to our name (sounds like real life). Time to switch it up. Move back to 4-1-2-3 and 2 subs at the half. We get a break via another VAR penalty at the start of the 2nd half but Samatta has it saved by Kepa, he makes up for it by robbing Rudiger 5 minutes later and slotting it. Substitute Hourihane then hits a 30 yard free kick in the 93rd minute to earn a point!

Feeling surprisingly good despite 1 win in 5 games.

• Like 2

Â