Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

In my second season as Villa and I've spotted and agreed a deal for a 16yo from Ukraine mid-season (transfer window not open), having now checked the deal I realise he's not joining Villa for another 2 seasons! It's entirely possible that the 'joining date' was set to 2023 and I just didn't realise (it's normally just set to 'first possible date' so probable I've missed it) or is there some kind of rule on signing youth players from that area or something I'm not aware of maybe? Any ideas?

As it stands I've got a youth player I'm paying for but have no control over for 2 years :( 

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

In my second season as Villa and I've spotted and agreed a deal for a 16yo from Ukraine mid-season (transfer window not open), having now checked the deal I realise he's not joining Villa for another 2 seasons! It's entirely possible that the 'joining date' was set to 2023 and I just didn't realise (it's normally just set to 'first possible date' so probable I've missed it) or is there some kind of rule on signing youth players from that area or something I'm not aware of maybe? Any ideas?

As it stands I've got a youth player I'm paying for but have no control over for 2 years :( 

Unfortunately it seems to be a ruling in the UK, as I have signed players from all over and none of them can join until they’re 18. It’s not something you’ve done. I’ve had Belgians, Argentines, Brazilians and Croatians all have to wait until they’re 18 to sign the pro contract.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Unfortunately it seems to be a ruling in the UK, as I have signed players from all over and none of them can join until they’re 18. It’s not something you’ve done. I’ve had Belgians, Argentines, Brazilians and Croatians all have to wait until they’re 18 to sign the pro contract.

So weird though because I signed a 16 year old Belgian who moved to us straight away and currently plays for my U23 team. I can't figure it out!

He looks quality so just hoping they use him for 2 years so he at least develops a bit... 

1 hour ago, Nath182 said:

So weird though because I signed a 16 year old Belgian who moved to us straight away and currently plays for my U23 team. I can't figure it out!

He looks quality so just hoping they use him for 2 years so he at least develops a bit... 

That’s interesting. No matter where in the work they are they need to be 18 for me. 

Which Brexit did you get in your game? Might be linked to that  

I don’t need any work permits now, and I’m limited to 17 foreign players registered in my Premier League squad. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

That’s interesting. No matter where in the work they are they need to be 18 for me. 

I don’t need any work permits now, and I’m limited to 17 foreign players registered in my Premier League squad. 

Yeah, it sounds like I got the same Brexit as you. So pissed, he looks really good and he's probably going to rot on the bench for 2 years lol

On 03/03/2020 at 17:20, villan-scott said:

Figured it out and feel dumb. Turns out I can sign any EU players regardless of their age but non-EU players will only sign for me when in the transfer window following their 18th birthday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Mate I always add a sell on clause! Even for the shite ones lol

I live and learn! 

Chelseas 3 strikers now are all ex Villa, and they’ve spent a combined 350m on them! Boadu for 140m, that guy Walker and another regen called Toloza who’s goal record is appalling they had off me for £60m! 

After finishing (something like) 5th, 5th, 6th and 5th, it seems I've finally tweaked my tactics to get a formula that is working.  Early signs in the 2035/36 season, but have won all of my first 5 games with a GD of +15.  Only "big" side I've beaten were Arsenal away, but it was a really comfortable 2-0 win.  Have had Fulham as an odd bogey team for a few seasons, but beat them 5-0 away.

Fingers crossed this continues...!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

After finishing (something like) 5th, 5th, 6th and 5th, it seems I've finally tweaked my tactics to get a formula that is working.  Early signs in the 2035/36 season, but have won all of my first 5 games with a GD of +15.  Only "big" side I've beaten were Arsenal away, but it was a really comfortable 2-0 win.  Have had Fulham as an odd bogey team for a few seasons, but beat them 5-0 away.

Fingers crossed this continues...!

Good work. Could finally be your year! Once you get into that rhythm it tends to continue for the season! 

I’m coming to the end of 28/29 and we’ll clear in the league again, but my goal scoring exploits have been ridiculous! Scored 102 goals after 30 games. GD of +76. 

I’m staying motivated with the save due to the amount of youth and wonder kids I’m farming at the minute. Plus the new stadium on the horizon, secretly hoping that’s named after me! 🤣

Won the Club World Cup in 2029. Nearly destroyed my players in the process. Although for the semi they were at about 80% fitness at kick off (did my OCD no favours) , miraculously for the final they were all fully fit. 

My top scorer Brazilian new gen bagged 51 goals in all comps and only took 2 penalties. Goal machine, but I don’t have that love for him for some reason! 

He’s here and he’s beautiful...

F5-D419-C7-2-F05-44-A2-950-D-E0-F9198-CD
free image hosting

I missed out on this guy at the start of the save to Man Utd, where he has been an absolute boss for years. I’ve tried and tried to sign him and failed over many years.

Out of nowhere this preseason he hands in a transfer request and I sign him up for £107m. Delighted!

I've been successful for a change on this years.

Started unemployed, got the Zenit job before Xmas. Went out of Europe and the Cup, but won every league game and won the title.
Went to Atalanta. Everton knocked me out of the Europa League, but I won Serie A, Coppa Italian and Super Cup. First time I've ever achieved a lot with a smaller club.
They offered me basically no transfer budget so went to Inter, currently top by 5 points after about 15 games.

How does FM20 compare to FM19?

I'm still playing FM19, with a fairly successful save, wasn't planning on getting FM20. With the current coronavirus scare and no football I may make the huge £20 investment for the next few weeks.

Playing the update, in my 2nd season as villa, safely mid table 1st season, now there again in march 2nd season

Problem is the goals I concede, its almost like a bug, just had 6 put past me for the 7th time this season... I'm losing games like 6-3 or 6-2, had a fair few 4-4 draws too, never had anything like it before

Â