Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

On 22/02/2020 at 19:10, villan-scott said:

Got myself a bit of an issue. Donald Scott, one of my new gen star players, has turned toilet. He was strongly linked with PSG in the summer and they courted him publicly. 

I rejected all their advances and he had a minor negative that he wanted to go as they made him their main target. 

Any way, he stayed and said he was happy to stay, put so far this season, he has regularly been turning out 6.2/6.3 ratings and been injured a lot. Do I stick with him or look to sell at the next opportunity?

He’s regularly hit 15/20 goals and assists each per season since signing. So 40 goal contributions a season give or take. Cash in or show him love and keep him and hope he turns his form around?

Don't take no crap. Have a word with him, tell him he needs to pull his socks up as he's been toilet otherwise you'll drop him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Don't take no crap. Have a word with him, tell him he needs to pull his socks up as he's been toilet otherwise you'll drop him.

His form has massively improved in the second half of the season, looks like he’s got over it. He just bagged a couple in the CL QF against Bayern in a 4-0 win. Gave him some tough love! 

His numbers won’t be as good as previous seasons. 

Got a strange situation, but a great one, where I have 3 strikers battling for top scorer, one with 27, one with 28 and one on 29 goals for the season in March. Never had so many players score so many goals. 

I hate this game sometimes.

I was courting Ajer from Celtic over the summer. Valued at 7.25m so I went in with a £14m offer. Rejected, they wanted 28m and 30% of next sale. Told them to STFU. Ajer went to the press complaining that the offer was rejected and he was unhappy. So I tried a few more times and they wouldn't budge so I moved on. Day before transfer deadline day and I get a pop up - 'Sporting have completed the signing of Ajer for a fee of 9m rising to 12.5m'

🤬

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I hate this game sometimes.

I was courting Ajer from Celtic over the summer. Valued at 7.25m so I went in with a £14m offer. Rejected, they wanted 28m and 30% of next sale. Told them to STFU. Ajer went to the press complaining that the offer was rejected and he was unhappy. So I tried a few more times and they wouldn't budge so I moved on. Day before transfer deadline day and I get a pop up - 'Sporting have completed the signing of Ajer for a fee of 9m rising to 12.5m'

🤬

Hate it when that happens. Surprised you didn’t get a message in your inbox saying they had bid? Usually if a player is on your shortlist or your transfer target you get a message telling you of the bid, so you can then spring into action. 

Not to run it in, but Ajer is class too. 

Did you win the league?

31 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Hate it when that happens. Surprised you didn’t get a message in your inbox saying they had bid? Usually if a player is on your shortlist or your transfer target you get a message telling you of the bid, so you can then spring into action. 

Not to run it in, but Ajer is class too. 

Did you win the league?

Yeah. Champ League here I come!

Brought in some decent players with my funds (Also cashed in on a few players after good seasons. Mings went to Dortmund for £60m, Engels to Tottenham for 39m, Targett to Everton for 23m and Luiz to Villareal for 29m)

Valverde (Madrid) - 22.5m

Max Aarons (Norwich) - 16.5m

Ben White (Brighton) - 9m

Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina) - £37.5m

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yeah. Champ League here I come!

Brought in some decent players with my funds (Also cashed in on a few players after good seasons. Mings went to Dortmund for £60m, Engels to Tottenham for 39m, Targett to Everton for 23m and Luiz to Villareal for 29m)

Valverde (Madrid) - 22.5m

Max Aarons (Norwich) - 16.5m

Ben White (Brighton) - 9m

Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina) - £37.5m

Nice. Fair play, great achievement first season! That’s some good business too. Aarons is a great pick up for that price. 

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Norwich and Brighton got relegated (along with Newcastle. Hehehehe)

Newcastle aren’t really worth pillaging to be fair. Don’t think many of their players amount to much in the game that I know of. ASM probably the best. 

I’ve got 3 games left of the season to play tonight. Last league game (already won the league) despite having my worst season for a while. Lost 5 games and still managed to win it at a canter somehow. An FA Cup Final vs Liverpool and the CL Final vs Atletico who I’m yet to ever face, so looking forward to that!

Top scorer update, Haaland, Mbappe and a new gen named Evandro all have 32 each. Bizarre. 

Pet peeve in game (as well as real life, lolz) - VAR.

Every single "VAR reviewed" penalty is given as a penalty.  Every single "VAR reviewed" offside is offside.  Every single "VAR reviewed" was it in the box or not is given as outside the box.

SOME variation would be good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree, if VAR comes up you know what's about to happen 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Pet peeve in game (as well as real life, lolz) - VAR.

Every single "VAR reviewed" penalty is given as a penalty.  Every single "VAR reviewed" offside is offside.  Every single "VAR reviewed" was it in the box or not is given as outside the box.

SOME variation would be good.

It’s bizarre isn’t it. Complete waste of a feature. There’s no suspense as you know exactly what’s going to happen! 

Â