Jump to content
Villaphan04

Football Manager 2020

Recommended Posts

I'm nearing the end of my first season now. About 9 games left in the league. Won the Carabao Cup, in the Semi of the FA Cup, currently top of the PL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm nearing the end of my first season now. About 9 games left in the league. Won the Carabao Cup, in the Semi of the FA Cup, currently top of the PL.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294627044063f7c55736
 

Great first season. Fair play. 

I’ve just won the league in 2027, 4th in a row. 4 league games in a week again to finish the season. 37 played. Beat 2nd placed Liverpool in GW 37 to level my points record of 102. 19th placed Burnley away already relegated last game of the season. Wanted the points record so went full strength, lost 1-0 for my 2nd loss of the season and some terrible performances from a lot of players. 

Got an FA Cup final and CL final to come. Might ring the changes for the FA Cup to motivate my ‘first choice’ for the CL. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just destroyed Everton 8-1 on my way to creating a 10 point gap at the top.

Hattrick for not only Haaland, but my CB Montes! He took a 90th minute penalty to secure it.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about cashing in on Haaland. He's my club top scorer, but the regens are so much better

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'm thinking about cashing in on Haaland. He's my club top scorer, but the regens are so much better

I know the feeling. I’m a bit sentimental with some players. Haaland has just agreed a pay cut for me as he was going into the last year of his deal, so I’m keeping him. 

I won the FA Cup with a 2-0 victory over Man City after making some changes. Then beat PSG 4-1 in the CL final with my ‘first choice’ players back in. 

Having a cull of my squad now. Clearing off expensive squad players in favour of youth. Saka, Verschaeren, and Lucas Hernandez all gone for £150m in fees, and about 650k a week in wages. Got the replacements already in the squad who’ve been out on loan. Trying to offload Lafont is proving difficult on his £250k contract! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haaland wanted out on my save. Was complaining about me selling a player and wouldn't sign a new contract. He was on his last year so i cashed in and bought it this guy on a free. He's not the best, but decent back up and free. Also just hit £1b bank balance.

yves.png

1b.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Haaland wanted out on my save. Was complaining about me selling a player and wouldn't sign a new contract. He was on his last year so i cashed in and bought it this guy on a free. He's not the best, but decent back up and free. Also just hit £1b bank balance.

yves.png

1b.png

£1bn 😵 and that transfer budget! 🤤 I’m up to about £350m in the bank but that’s after selling a fair few players. And have £300m to spend but nobody to really spend it on. Just on the hunt for hot prospects. 

How have you managed to reach £1bn?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gotten pretty lucky with free transfers. I got chiesa and Havertz on free transfers. I sold Havertz for £200m and Chiesa for £150m. I just keep picking up any half decent players on free's and sell them off after a season or two. If any players are transfer listed for cheap, ill snap them up, either loan them out for a season and sell them or just rotate them with my squad and sell them off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I have gotten pretty lucky with free transfers. I got chiesa and Havertz on free transfers. I sold Havertz for £200m and Chiesa for £150m. I just keep picking up any half decent players on free's and sell them off after a season or two. If any players are transfer listed for cheap, ill snap them up, either loan them out for a season and sell them or just rotate them with my squad and sell them off.

Fair play. That’s some top class business. My free transfer business has been woeful. Only picked up Fiete ARP who I sold for 40m and Nicolás Dominguez who I use as a squad player but is class as a ‘World Class’ midfielder. I always look for free transfers too at the end of December but never seems to be much about. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th for the second season in a row.  Didn't really get a CL battle this time round - Chelsea did incredible transfer business in the summer and walked the league.

How do you guys dominate so easily?!  My squad is really pretty strong but... the others are just better and they're able to spend £200m or so on the absolute elite every summer.  Maybe I'm sticking with youth too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobzy said:

5th for the second season in a row.  Didn't really get a CL battle this time round - Chelsea did incredible transfer business in the summer and walked the league.

How do you guys dominate so easily?!  My squad is really pretty strong but... the others are just better and they're able to spend £200m or so on the absolute elite every summer.  Maybe I'm sticking with youth too much.

My tactic creates A LOT of chances. Miss loads, but the more you create the more you score innit. I've also set up a decent corner kick routine. My CBs (Mings/Montes) scored 12 between them.

I've also found that once you start winning and the morale is high results start going your way. Plus with cohesion and tactical familiarity high they play well together. I have a togetherness that only the transfer window can break.

 

Won the league and 2 cups, Haaland scored 39 in 39 and won players player, player of the season, young player of the season and top goalscorer. BEAST. Jack signed a new contract to ward off interest (no release clause!). Now Mings wants a new contract but he's 27 and my club vision policy is no signings over 28... so he's borderline. Reckon I can sell him for loads and get a replacement in for half the cost.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

My tactic creates A LOT of chances. Miss loads, but the more you create the more you score innit. I've also set up a decent corner kick routine. My CBs (Mings/Montes) scored 12 between them.

I've also found that once you start winning and the morale is high results start going your way. Plus with cohesion and tactical familiarity high they play well together. I have a togetherness that only the transfer window can break.

Won the league and 2 cups, Haaland scored 39 in 39 and won players player, player of the season, young player of the season and top goalscorer. BEAST. Jack signed a new contract to ward off interest (no release clause!). Now Mings wants a new contract but he's 27 and my club vision policy is no signings over 28... so he's borderline. Reckon I can sell him for loads and get a replacement in for half the cost.

I do pretty much the same - but it's almost impossible to stop the big sides scoring against you.  Man Utd beat me 6-2 at Old Trafford, Man City (who only finished 4th) scored 2 in every game.  Probably being too attack-minded, but I do create a lot of chances.  My squad cohesion is absolutely superb and they all love me - zero problem with any unhappiness.  Even my best player is absolutely fine (after I promised I'd sell him for £115m if a bid came in).

Just holding down enough squad depth to challenge on 4 fronts alongside playing against (outside of PSG) the best sides in the World is pretty tough.  Managing to win everything in a second season or whatever as Villa seems completely incredible.  Grealish and Mings, as examples, would get nowhere near my starting eleven!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I do pretty much the same - but it's almost impossible to stop the big sides scoring against you.  Man Utd beat me 6-2 at Old Trafford, Man City (who only finished 4th) scored 2 in every game.  Probably being too attack-minded, but I do create a lot of chances.  My squad cohesion is absolutely superb and they all love me - zero problem with any unhappiness.  Even my best player is absolutely fine (after I promised I'd sell him for £115m if a bid came in).

Just holding down enough squad depth to challenge on 4 fronts alongside playing against (outside of PSG) the best sides in the World is pretty tough.  Managing to win everything in a second season or whatever as Villa seems completely incredible.  Grealish and Mings, as examples, would get nowhere near my starting eleven!

It took me 3 or 4 seasons of Champs League to start dominating domestically. I always struggled against the top sides to begin with, especially Utd Liverpool and City. 

However, I nearly always beat them now but it’s taken me a long time at the top. 

Ive just beat Utd 3-0 at VP and Liverpool 3-1 at Anfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as you get a better team together the mentality of the other teams change. I noticed when i started with Villa, teams would attack me to hell. Now when i play Liverpool or City, they sit back abit more. Teams lower down seem to be super defensive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got myself a bit of an issue. Donald Scott, one of my new gen star players, has turned toilet. He was strongly linked with PSG in the summer and they courted him publicly. 

I rejected all their advances and he had a minor negative that he wanted to go as they made him their main target. 

Any way, he stayed and said he was happy to stay, put so far this season, he has regularly been turning out 6.2/6.3 ratings and been injured a lot. Do I stick with him or look to sell at the next opportunity?

He’s regularly hit 15/20 goals and assists each per season since signing. So 40 goal contributions a season give or take. Cash in or show him love and keep him and hope he turns his form around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the best formation/tactic currently?

Edited by MaVilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2019 at 21:23, Villan4Life said:

Finally FM have put me down as Aston Villa Supporter in the game :D they had another club down for me before  :D:D

avfc.JPG

 

avfc3.JPG

 

I'm at Tranmere in the new Winter 2020 Fm2020 update! They have also put me down as being born in Solihull too (wasn't shown in the original release). Spot on Sigames & FM 2020 Winter Update :D

 

87955665_10157122053311200_2828481490516

 

87396962_10157122053291200_5882431262081

 

87410422_10157122076406200_3023770625513

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@villan-scott

 

Check the pics my personality been updated from "Level Headed" at Crewe to "Outspoken Media Friendly" at Tranmere :D pmsl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

@villan-scott

 

Check the pics my personality been updated from "Level Headed" at Crewe to "Outspoken Media Friendly" at Tranmere :D pmsl

I’d have you as a Model Citizen 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

@villan-scott

 

Check the pics my personality been updated from "Level Headed" at Crewe to "Outspoken Media Friendly" at Tranmere :D pmsl

Just checked you out on my save in the year 2028 you’re Chief Scout at Crewe. 👍👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â