Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

8 hours ago, hogso said:

Mobile is a really striped back version, Touch is a not quite as much striped back version.

Don't know if you watch any FM youtubers, but Lollujo is doing a (bit of a meta series) with Apollon Simernis, starting in the second division with the aim of winning the CL and winning the World Cup with Greece. It's good, the greek league is a bit of a face once you get money streaming in though it seems.

Lollujo and Loki Doki are my two favourite streamers, If I'm playing FM I'm usually watching one of them while I play

On 27/07/2020 at 10:23, MCU said:

Anyone playing the mobile version?

Why is there 2 on the app store? FM 2020 mobile (£9) and FM touch (£20)? Ideally wouldn't mind playing on the iPad if it meant the screen didn't shrink!

Yeah as I said upthread I'm playing the mobile version.  I'd say it's close to what the game was in the Championship Manager days which suits me just fine.  I suspect it's a bit easier than the other versions, I've managed to pick up some ridiculously good players with Villa and I'm only in my third season.

Getting back into this after taking a break. Quick catch up, playing with Villa. Have gone 14th, 6th & 8th in my 3 seasons plus losing in the Europa League Final last season. Halfway through my fourth season and I am somehow challenging.

1177661495_ScreenShot2020-08-05at2_21_31pm.png.c78150b7dc2fda7b72bb08e3be5e7023.png

The season is messed up because of the Qatar WC and I don't think my small squad can hack the full season. For instance, my back up striker got injured so I just brought back Louie Barry from on loan in League 1. Scored on his debut off the bench against Palace.

Has anyone ever had strange bids like this one? £101M for a random youth player. I can't see anything about him that says hes going to be special.

101m.png

trans123.png

Edited by Daniel

On 05/08/2020 at 05:26, Hornso said:

Getting back into this after taking a break. Quick catch up, playing with Villa. Have gone 14th, 6th & 8th in my 3 seasons plus losing in the Europa League Final last season. Halfway through my fourth season and I am somehow challenging.

1177661495_ScreenShot2020-08-05at2_21_31pm.png.c78150b7dc2fda7b72bb08e3be5e7023.png

The season is messed up because of the Qatar WC and I don't think my small squad can hack the full season. For instance, my back up striker got injured so I just brought back Louie Barry from on loan in League 1. Scored on his debut off the bench against Palace.

I've been on a similar trajectory, finished 2nd in my fourth season, I was neck and neck with United til the last 4 games but had a hard run in including away to them and ended up 4 pts behind.  Lost in the Europa League final this year, drew 1-1 with Atletico Madrid, had 25 shots, 13 on target which Oblak saved 12 of, then he saved all 3 of my penalties.  I know he is good but come the **** on that's ridiculous.  I've got loads of money to spend but don't know who to get to bridge the gap, I've got Bellingham coming in from the noses just because I was pissed off and wanted to knick their best player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've been on a similar trajectory, finished 2nd in my fourth season, I was neck and neck with United til the last 4 games but had a hard run in including away to them and ended up 4 pts behind.  Lost in the Europa League final this year, drew 1-1 with Atletico Madrid, had 25 shots, 13 on target which Oblak saved 12 of, then he saved all 3 of my penalties.  I know he is good but come the **** on that's ridiculous.  I've got loads of money to spend but don't know who to get to bridge the gap, I've got Bellingham coming in from the noses just because I was pissed off and wanted to knick their best player.

I’ve got about 9 games to play now. Just conceded a 91st minute equaliser at Anfield to draw 4-4 to remain 3 points off top. Would have been 2nd on GD if I’d won. My run home is much harder than theirs though so I think I’ll be settling for 2nd.

I tried to sign Bellingham in my game but he wouldn’t even enter negotiations with me. He’s ended up at Bournemouth!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 16:03, bobzy said:

...meanwhile, arguably the greatest regen I've ever seen is now at PSG.  Came through at Bayern, absolute tank:

arentz.jpg

Been a while since posting in here, but game is still going strong.  Checked in on this guy, now 35:

arentz2.jpg

Still pretty handy :D 

I won the league in my 5th season, got 97 points.  I **** up the Champions League, I was 7-2 up and then conceded 5 in the second half of the second leg against Inter and lost the penalty shootout (is it possible to win one of them?).  It made my league run in a lot easier though as the players were less knackered.  Signing Tammy in January for £11m was great business and I've just signed Jack back on loan, getting the band back together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I won the league in my 5th season, got 97 points.  I **** up the Champions League, I was 7-2 up and then conceded 5 in the second half of the second leg against Inter and lost the penalty shootout (is it possible to win one of them?).  It made my league run in a lot easier though as the players were less knackered.  Signing Tammy in January for £11m was great business and I've just signed Jack back on loan, getting the band back together.

Well done!

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 21:39, Hornso said:

I’ve got about 9 games to play now. Just conceded a 91st minute equaliser at Anfield to draw 4-4 to remain 3 points off top. Would have been 2nd on GD if I’d won. My run home is much harder than theirs though so I think I’ll be settling for 2nd.

I tried to sign Bellingham in my game but he wouldn’t even enter negotiations with me. He’s ended up at Bournemouth!

Finished my 4th season at Villa. Ended up going on a 16 game unbeaten run at the end of the season but slid down to 3rd due to way too many draws. In the end, my lack of depth in the attacking third of the pitch hurt me, but a dream season for me.

After qualifying for the Champions League for the first time, I said the squad we should aim to do the same next season...everyone unhappy. Alright, so I said lets aim for Europa League next season...everyone bar one player unhappy. C'mon lads! <_<

Standout for the season my was 20 year old Brazilian regen striker Gilson who banged in 28 PL goals. 

What approach do people take from here? If bids come in for your best players do you accept big money for them and replace them or do you hang on to them as hard as you can?

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Finished my 4th season at Villa. Ended up going on a 16 game unbeaten run at the end of the season but slid down to 3rd due to way too many draws. In the end, my lack of depth in the attacking third of the pitch hurt me, but a dream season for me.

After qualifying for the Champions League for the first time, I said the squad we should aim to do the same next season...everyone unhappy. Alright, so I said lets aim for Europa League next season...everyone bar one player unhappy. C'mon lads! <_<

Standout for the season my was 20 year old Brazilian regen striker Gilson who banged in 28 PL goals. 

What approach do people take from here? If bids come in for your best players do you accept big money for them and replace them or do you hang on to them as hard as you can?

Jack was the only one I had to sell, his contract demands were way more than I could pay and I was getting pissed off with him.  I flogged him for a bit less than I should to Lazio as I didn't want to sell him to an English team and lucky for me Malinkovic-Savic put in a transfer request soon after and I could put the money towards him.  Since I've been doing better I've rejected every offer for my star player but then have to give them a pay rise usually.  I raise money here and there by selling fringe players and 'flipping' young talent.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Just signed @Villan4Life as a scout for Yeovil. Am in 2029/2030 season and, despite many recommendations to hire him, I couldn't afford him. Promotion to the championship and surviving in the championship now means my finances are looking decent and could finally bring the main man in!

He has already picked me up a gem from shelbourne in Ireland. Thanks Chris!! 

Mate ,i'm absolutely creasing myself here! hahaha :D

Love it ❤️ You legend. UTV 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Where does you lot stand on the bench. I’ve never bothered with the keeper and usually go 

full back

centre back

CM

CM

LW

RW

ST

giving younger player time is always toward the top of my priorities so it helps not having a gk clogging things up

On 05/09/2020 at 23:04, MrSmirch said:

Where does you lot stand on the bench. I’ve never bothered with the keeper and usually go 

full back

centre back

CM

CM

LW

RW

ST

giving younger player time is always toward the top of my priorities so it helps not having a gk clogging things up

Yeah pretty much that. I never bother with the keeper either, I've never had a GK injury in game so seems pointless. The majority of my youth players tend to be out on loan though rather than keeping them and subbing them on as I find they develop faster.

3 consecutive promotions from national League to championship. 3 years of consolidation in said division with easily the smallest budget in the league. Signing players from the Irish league, loans and young players not wanted by premier league teams and selling them for profit. 

3 years in a row broke the record for league position - this is all at Yeovil.  Culminating in missing the playoffs by 2 points in the third season. 

SACKED - 2 weeks after the final game for not playing enough youth players - something I said I'd do to get a facilities upgrade and then never did do it. Couldn't be more fuming. I hope they get relegated and I meet them when I'm going back up with walsall. Arseholes. Huge hatred for Yeovil now. 

• Sad 1

Started slow in the league, 6th after 10 games but unlike previous seasons there isn't much of a gap from 1st to 8th yet. 

First Champions League campaign has gotten off to a dream start. Went away and won 2-0 at Zenit before coming back to Villa Park and impaling Monaco 6-0 and Real Madrid 5-0.  League Cup draw has opened up for us too so decent chance at getting some silverware finally.

Had a day off due to a hospital visit. Downloaded this and played a couple of hours.

For the first time playing this game I had problems finding players. The valuation of my squad was also pretty crazy. £ 22 million Samatta iirc. and Hourihane, Trez, AEG all were around £ 15 million methinks. 

I tried moving some of them on, but I couldn't really find replacements. I ended up going for the players we've currently signed, so I bought Ollie Watkins for £ 17 million, Rashica at 15 million, but he wanted crazy wages so the purchase fell apart last second. Then I picked up a couple of cheap spanish youths. And signed a very good CB from Aberdeen (I think). 

I lost and drew a bunch of pre season matches against some Chinese teams when running a 451 wide formation. Changed it up and used a vertical tiki-taka against Arsenal first match at home. Won 2-1. 

Wesley was complete shit. Could. Not. Score. Loaned him and Samatta out. Baston was sold for £ 12 million or something. 

Â