Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Awesome. He’s worth £57m for me. PSG, Real Madrid and Everton snuffing around him, resisting selling him. Might sell Grealish in the summer as he’s getting unsettled. 

How are his attributes for you? Has he kicked in loads? He’s around 15’s and 16’s for me currently. 

Generally 15's/ 16's for finishing, composure, first touch and dribbling. Technique is at 17, pace at 16, acceleration at 19, agility and balance at 18 and 17. Other physicals at 14/ 15.  Other mental stats of note are anticipation and off the ball at 18 and work rate at 17. 

I think he shows you don't need a striker with an insane finishing stat to have a crazy goalscorer, it's all about how the other stats line up to ensure he gets into good positions, has the speed and skill to go past players, make great runs off the shoulder etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Generally 15's/ 16's for finishing, composure, first touch and dribbling. Technique is at 17, pace at 16, acceleration at 19, agility and balance at 18 and 17. Other physicals at 14/ 15.  Other mental stats of note are anticipation and off the ball at 18 and work rate at 17. 

I think he shows you don't need a striker with an insane finishing stat to have a crazy goalscorer, it's all about how the other stats line up to ensure he gets into good positions, has the speed and skill to go past players, make great runs off the shoulder etc.

He has better attributes than on my save then. Doesn’t yet have anything as high as 18/19 yet. Still improving though. 

Got a proper title race on with Utd. They are tonking teams 6/7-0 and Greenwood doesn’t miss. They beat me in the LC semi despite me dominating. Greenwood the difference. 

The World Cup kind of detailed my season a bit. Took a while to get going again, meaning Utd are top by 3 points but I have a game in hand. 

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He has better attributes than on my save then. Doesn’t yet have anything as high as 18/19 yet. Still improving though. 

Got a proper title race on with Utd. They are tonking teams 6/7-0 and Greenwood doesn’t miss. They beat me in the LC semi despite me dominating. Greenwood the difference. 

The World Cup kind of detailed my season a bit. Took a while to get going again, meaning Utd are top by 3 points but I have a game in hand. 

I don't think potential ability is fixed in the game, I think players sit in a range, so it could be that he has a higher potential ability on mine than yours. United don't even play Greenwood on mine, they have Lautaro Martinez up front and he scores an insane amount of goals.

I have a regen keeper called Maurin who is looking amazing right now. Just signed Lafont for £1.6m to be back up lol.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't think potential ability is fixed in the game, I think players sit in a range, so it could be that he has a higher potential ability on mine than yours. United don't even play Greenwood on mine, they have Lautaro Martinez up front and he scores an insane amount of goals.

I have a regen keeper called Maurin who is looking amazing right now. Just signed Lafont for £1.6m to be back up lol.

Yeah the PA does vary. I’ll try and get a screenshot of Greenwood on mine. He’s ridiculous. 

Lafont is my first choice, £1.6m is a bargain... I paid 26m!!

Ive got a few good regens out on loan I’m developing. An Argentinian striker called Toloza. Great physical and mental attributes, technical improving too. He’d be useable but with Haaland Boadu and Abraham wouldn’t get enough games. 

he will be an old fashioned -9 PA (not sure how they do it anymore) that's how SI do wonderkids

generates a range like you say, I think -10 gives them 181-200 PA (and there is maybe 1 -10 player a year) and then -9 gives them 161-180 PA

means you cant really sign the same wonderkid on every save, haaland for example is great on my inter and Benfica saves but bang average on my Bayern save, interestingly boadu is average on all 3 of them, the consistent bargain (thanks to his age you can sign him for £1.3m) is the ajax left winger unuvar or something like that

• Like 2

Liverpool let VVD go on a free in 2022 :D only wanted £200k a week too, picked James Rodriguez in 2021 on a free now VVD and suarez

Rodriguez for 28 assists for me last season, might be a record, haaland 38 goals, won the treble but shit in europe, keep getting awful groups, new season I've got atletico, dortmund and celtic 

The Hungarian midfielder whose name I can't spell* from salzburg is probably my best player, got man City and psg after him 

*between him, the kid at PSV and the kid at anderlecht there's some proper shit named wonder kids this year

• Like 2

52ac49e9541d5ea3060310579db36954.png

14th will do for the 1st season. Wasn't really ever in too much danger of relegation and towards the end of the season started picking up more wins. 

Trying to get rid of some of the shit in the squad throughout the summer was a right pain.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

52ac49e9541d5ea3060310579db36954.png

14th will do for the 1st season. Wasn't really ever in too much danger of relegation and towards the end of the season started picking up more wins. 

Trying to get rid of some of the shit in the squad throughout the summer was a right pain.  

That was very similar to my first season, next season I finished 9th, then snuck into the Champions League in season 3. 

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Liverpool let VVD go on a free in 2022 :D only wanted £200k a week too, picked James Rodriguez in 2021 on a free now VVD and suarez

Rodriguez for 28 assists for me last season, might be a record, haaland 38 goals, won the treble but shit in europe, keep getting awful groups, new season I've got atletico, dortmund and celtic 

The Hungarian midfielder whose name I can't spell* from salzburg is probably my best player, got man City and psg after him 

*between him, the kid at PSV and the kid at anderlecht there's some proper shit named wonder kids this year

Great business! I’m coming to the end of my 4th season. Top of the league by 8 points with 6 games left.

Managed to somehow storm to the CL semis. Beat Dortmund, Ajax and Zenit in the group. Beat Inter 6-0 in the 1st knockout, then against all odds beat Real Madrid in the quarters. Won 1-0 at the Bernabeu, and 2-0 at VP. Now Benfica coming up in the semis, fancy my chances of making the final! 

Top scorer wise is a funny one for me as I have Boadu with 25, Bowen with 20 and Haaland with about 18 I think, so nobody smashing in loads. Hoping Boadu will end up with 30+ this season. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

I'm in the 2025/26 season (I think) with a Solihull Moors save.  In the Championship.  Got promoted to the Prem but got absolutely tonked by (almost) everyone and finished 19th on 26 points :D.

The only reason I came to post though - after reading everyone elses' players - is to say that Troy Parrott is an absolute God in the game.  Like, genuine GOAT-esque.  Spurs sold Kane to Liverpool in maybe the 2nd or 3rd season and have seemingly been playing him ever since.  He's utterly insane.  Will try and get a screenshot uploaded.

(I prefer all the newgens anyway!)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

and me, that was the game for me

not sure if its the smaller database on the touch version but there definitely seems a decline in quality of them in this years game, ive got Portugal brazil and argentina loaded in my current save, scouting like mad, 3 years in, highest rated newgen ive seen is about 84 ( I know that's relative to your team and your scouts) not seen a single stone cold killer yet and when I go to say boca juniors in the summer to see who's come through there will be maybe 4 16 year olds, 3 17 year olds left from the year before, even my youth team is only taking in maybe 6 players a year rather than a full team

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Oh yeah, 100%. Most of the fun comes from finding those hidden young players with amazing stats. I think most my time is actually spent searching for players rather than playing games.

• Like 2

Somehow managed to do the league and CL double in my 4th season with Villa. Beat Benfica 3-0 over 2 legs in the CL semi, and came up against Bayern in the final. 

Won that game 2-1, despite going 1-0 down and Grealish sent off in the first half. It was their only shot on goal in the first half, so I continued with controlling the play and went 3-4-2, Haaland penalty and a last minute winner by Chukwueze won it for me. Ridiculous. 

@Dr_Pangloss I know what you mean about the game wanted you to win. To win the league I needed 1 more win, played Liverpool at VP. Stroller to a 3-0 lead. They got it back to 3-3, then Haaland off the bench for the winner with 10 to go to win the title. Felt good tho! 

• Like 1

Just signed a £41m new gen wonder kid called Brian Walker from Crystal Palace. 19 year old striker. Feel a bit nauseous as it’s half my budget but scouts had him down as sign whatever the price after scouting him all season, and he’s ready for games now. Hope he develops! 

• Like 1

Â