Pre Match Thread

maqroll

Tough game tonight, West Ham are a good side, but then we are potentially a good side as well. 

The Everton game was up there with the best atmospheres I've experienced in nearly 30yrs down the Villa, if the lads can provide the same sort of intensity they showed in that game, and we can provide a similar atmosphere we have a great chance of taking 3 points. 

2-1 win. 

Wesley & El Ghazi. 

38 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Really? I'd be happy with a win, indifferent to a draw and disappointed with a defeat.

If we're losing the majority of our matches we cant settle for draws against mid table teams at home.

That sounds like one of those things that people say before a game, but then change their tune after it.

Picking up a point against a good West Ham team that will be hoping for top 10 this season wouldn't be a dreadful result. A point would take us out of the relegation zone and maybe give us a bit of confidence for the upcoming games.

Don't get me wrong, a win would obviously be ideal, but I wouldn't feel indifferent about a draw.

38 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Really? I'd be happy with a win, indifferent to a draw and disappointed with a defeat.

If we're losing the majority of our matches we cant settle for draws against mid table teams at home.

A point will take us out of the bottom 3, and with Burnley and Brighton coming to VP soon it will put us in a good position.

We just need 3 teams worse than us over the whole season.  

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

That training video is laughable.

Players jumping over hoops with big smiles on their faces. like gurning idiots. look at lansbury in that shot! he knows after larking about with the lads he's probably got 4 different birds to shag in the afternoon then dop 8k at the bullring vip. that vid looks  like theyre  playing in the garden with their  nephews not training. no wonder micha richards stayed for 5 years without getting a game.

I want to see sweat and intense pain on their faces veins bulging at the temples.

like rocky 4 when he's training in the snow.  grunting at high decibels.

Villa media guys!             I don't want to see these coiffured preening ponces enjoying themselves after 3 defeats in 4 games I want to see them screaming in the ice bath. get that footage for the next defeat.

I saw Lansbury on the pitch last game of the season with his (I presume) wife, a couple of kids in tow and a baby in his arms, but yeah, he is laughing in training so obviously off to have an orgy tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When in your in the bottom three, have only won one game in four and have Arsenal coming up next, meaning that if we don't win tonight then there's an high probability that we'll go at least six games with just one win, then a good old plain three points is your only man. If we manage a draw we can be reflective and judge whether it's a good point after the game, but going into it we need to be aiming higher, it's not just about the league table either, it's about the players confidence and getting them used to the fact that they're capable of winning in this league and that the Everton game wasn't a one-off.

A gap is already starting to form. Win today and we are still in the bottom half of the table.

If we don't get a win in the next upcoming games that gap will only grow bigger and bigger and we'll find ourselves in a hole that is hard to get out of.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

anyone remember how it felt to not be shitting it every game and were a comfortable, mid table premiership side, and home to west ham was just another game...no bother...might win, might not, but whatever the result we'll be ok this season. it must have been a happier time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

anyone remember how it felt to not be shitting it every game and were a comfortable, mid table premiership side, and home to west ham was just another game...no bother...might win, might not, but whatever the result we'll be ok this season. it must have been a happier time

no ambition, how far have we fallen etc. etc. :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yep, unfortunately that was nearly 10 years ago. This year is the 10th season to have gone by since the last time we finished in the top half of the premier league

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

It wasn't. Life of a football fan. Never happy. Always searching for the next buzz, the next level, the next achievement. Mid table mediocrity is the death of a football club.

I miss fighting for promotion already :(

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Feel the same

0-2 to wham with both goals coming from us giving the ball way

that's in our DNA....benevolence personified.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Feel the same

0-2 to wham with both goals coming from us giving the ball way

Pretty much as I think. I think we'll play pretty well again but not create enough, the midfield will drop a bollock and we'll go behind and be ****.